• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: Zay Flowers

Love the pick. Surprised he was still there at 22. The obvious potential downer is whether his frame size will translate to the NFL. I think Monken will find ways to get him in space and make big plays.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
The Zay Flowers takes out there are so lazy it's frustrating. Gonna stop complaining after this.

Yeah he's small but he's got a full frame for his stature and is physical as fuck.

Two to just call him Hollywood 2.0 is lazy. They're actually really different players and idk what y'all think (this has nothing to do with bias, I LOVED Hollywood and would've personally extended him had he wanted to be here), but Flowers is the better and more complete player of the two.

Hollywood was a great route runner and had elite elite speed. However in the NFL he was primarily effective as a deep threat, he never got cooking in the short game, screens, or on sweeps. And he avoided contact unlike anyone I've actually ever seen in all of my watching football. Had no YAC potential whatsoever.

Zay obviously is yet to he seen, but should just be able to do everything Hollywood could plus so much more.

Simba

Staff Member
The Zay Flowers takes out there are so lazy it's frustrating. Gonna stop complaining after this.

Yeah he's small but he's got a full frame for his stature and is physical as fuck.

Two to just call him Hollywood 2.0 is lazy. They're actually really different players and idk what y'all think (this has nothing to do with bias, I LOVED Hollywood and would've personally extended him had he wanted to be here), but Flowers is the better and more complete player of the two.

Hollywood was a great route runner and had elite elite speed. However in the NFL he was primarily effective as a deep threat, he never got cooking in the short game, screens, or on sweeps. And he avoided contact unlike anyone I've actually ever seen in all of my watching football. Had no YAC potential whatsoever.

Zay obviously is yet to he seen, but should just be able to do everything Hollywood could plus so much more.
Yep. Both threats but very different kind of threats. Hollywood opened up the long game and was a threat for the bomb every time. Worked in the intermediate but became more possession oriented in that range outside of a select few plays. Flowers is a threat at all levels anytime the ball is in his hands.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Yep. Both threats but very different kind of threats. Hollywood opened up the long game and was a threat for the bomb every time. Worked in the intermediate but became more possession oriented in that range outside of a select few plays. Flowers is a threat at all levels anytime the ball is in his hands.
Yeah for sure. Hollywood was an A++ deep threat. As you said kind of a possession like guy in the intermediate game. Honestly poor in the short game.

Zay is A deep threat, an A intermediate threat, and an A short game guy imo

rossihunter2

Staff Member

hollywood was a vertical based receiver who was a really nuanced vertical route runner and his game worked off that aspect

zay is a space player who's a threat at all 3 levels with the ball in his hands - he's better after the catch than hollywood, doesnt have that elite deep speed that made hollywood special as an outside receiver but is able to play outside because of great explosion and a thicker, more filled out frame vs hollywood's

really the only similarity between them is that they're both under 5'10 and both are explosive off the release