• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: Zay Flowers

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Zay Flowers takes out there are so lazy it's frustrating. Gonna stop complaining after this.

Yeah he's small but he's got a full frame for his stature and is physical as fuck.

Two to just call him Hollywood 2.0 is lazy. They're actually really different players and idk what y'all think (this has nothing to do with bias, I LOVED Hollywood and would've personally extended him had he wanted to be here), but Flowers is the better and more complete player of the two.

Hollywood was a great route runner and had elite elite speed. However in the NFL he was primarily effective as a deep threat, he never got cooking in the short game, screens, or on sweeps. And he avoided contact unlike anyone I've actually ever seen in all of my watching football. Had no YAC potential whatsoever.

Zay obviously is yet to he seen, but should just be able to do everything Hollywood could plus so much more.
Yes that is what is not talked about is that he has a full frame. He also highpoints the ball well for his size and is extremely aggressive at making the catch. I have seen comparisons to Steve Smith Sr and I can see that from what I've seen.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Also saw a note last night that there were multiple much higher ranked power 5 schools that wanted him to transfer in, and Flowers declined because BC was the only one that gave him a chance and he felt he owed it to them to see it out.
He's a good dude

Simba

Staff Member
Zay was clearly nervous for his first presser, but the confidence in his own abilities still showed up tenfold. Very easy to see why they fell in love with the person that goes along with the player.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I always wondered what it would be like if we had Steve Smith during his younger days and now we might finally get a glimpse of that with Zay. I am so excited to see this dude play

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I think it's pretty clear Zay will mostly be playing in the slot for us. Because like 10 different times now he's talked about "the guys we got on the outside".