• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @Titans

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
As pissed as I am, I think we win this one.

Also where is this “crumbling D” idea coming from. They’ve been almost perfect all year in most clutch situations until the O puts too much on their shoulders

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
As pissed as I am, I think we win this one.

Also where is this “crumbling D” idea coming from. They’ve been almost perfect all year in most clutch situations until the O puts too much on their shoulders
I don’t know how anyone can blame the defense.

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
I don’t know how anyone can blame the defense.
Seriously, they did everything you could ask of them, which is why I don’t buy the “same old ravens” narrative, if our O gets it back together and we stop shooting ourselves in the face, we’ll be fine

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Seriously, they did everything you could ask of them, which is why I don’t buy the “same old ravens” narrative, if our O gets it back together and we stop shooting ourselves in the face, we’ll be fine
The same old Ravens is about the offense not the defense. At least on here.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

it's the same old ravens in the sense that nothing can click together all at once - something inevitably has to go wrong - a victory must be pyrhhic or we must lose to keep ourselves in check - nothing comes as easy as it should

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
it's the same old ravens in the sense that nothing can click together all at once - something inevitably has to go wrong - a victory must be pyrhhic or we must lose to keep ourselves in check - nothing comes as easy as it should
I can understand that, but we’ve seen them come together already this year, in the bills Steelers and 2nd half bengals games. We just need to clean up the stupid stuff

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
And we were bad on both offense and special teams

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
And we were bad on both offense and special teams
I’d argue that special teams lost us this game today. I say that because we had the Tucker FG and again they let someone block it. That was the game deciding point early we shouldn’t have lost. I know we had the turnover at the goal line, and the offense was horrible so I’m not defending them here. I just think that was the worst because even if the offense shit the bed you can win if you win in 2/3 phases. We didn’t and that’s why we lost

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
Huge game. Titans are sitting at 3-2. When you think wild card, this game comes to mind. And I think this game is very winnable. The defense is for real. Alex Collins got going in the browns game.

The offense (Crabtree) and play calling needs to be better. I think the Titans have a good red zone defense. Good test for the passing game.

A must win, with the brutal four game stretch coming up. Saints, Panthers, Steelers, Bengals.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Huge game. Titans are sitting at 3-2. When you think wild card, this game comes to mind. And I think this game is very winnable. The defense is for real. Alex Collins got going in the browns game.

The offense (Crabtree) and play calling needs to be better. I think the Titans have a good red zone defense. Good test for the passing game.

A must win, with the brutal four game stretch coming up. Saints, Panthers, Steelers, Bengals.
I hate to use must win this early, but it does look that way. The good news of that stretch is that it’s @TEN, vs NO, @CAR, vs PIT, bye, vs CIN
I have a feeling we’ll beat TEN. It’s just a hunch but I think we will. We’ll then be home vs NO and I really like our chances against them at home. I would then say there’s a good chance we lose CAR, but I think that’s a swing game. It could go either way, and I’d say the same for PIT at home. That PIT game is absolutely critical. If we can win our home games and this game, we’ll come away with a record of 4-1. That means we’ll be 5-3 halfway and if we beat PIT & CIN, and there’s a good chance we do, then we’ll be looking very good for the second half with a record of 7-3 and that likely wins us the division.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
I hate to use must win this early, but it does look that way. The good news of that stretch is that it’s @TEN, vs NO, @CAR, vs PIT, bye, vs CIN
I have a feeling we’ll beat TEN. It’s just a hunch but I think we will. We’ll then be home vs NO and I really like our chances against them at home. I would then say there’s a good chance we lose CAR, but I think that’s a swing game. It could go either way, and I’d say the same for PIT at home. That PIT game is absolutely critical. If we can win our home games and this game, we’ll come away with a record of 4-1. That means we’ll be 5-3 halfway and if we beat PIT & CIN, and there’s a good chance we do, then we’ll be looking very good for the second half with a record of 7-3 and that likely wins us the division.

Our schedule is set up for a good playoff team. If the Ravens are a good playoff football team then they’ll have to beat the tough teams at the bank and beat the teams they’re supposed to beat on the road. Id say the Titans are one of those teams they’re supposed to beat. Could be another defensive battle unless the O gets going early.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Our schedule is set up for a good playoff team. If the Ravens are a good playoff football team then they’ll have to beat the tough teams at the bank and beat the teams they’re supposed to beat on the road. Id say the Titans are one of those teams they’re supposed to beat. Could be another defensive battle unless the O gets going early.
The Titans won’t be a pushover for sure due to their defense but that offense leaves you not just hungry but famished. The good thing is I think we match up very well against TEN. Defensively they rely completely on the run game. Their TE are okay ever since losing Walker and they relied a lot on their TE to block. They have some talented OL in Spain, Lewan, and Conklin but I think we have have a nice matchup there too with Pierce, Henry, Williams and Urban. I think Suggs and Williams if he’s healthy need to bring it same with Judon. Bowser scares me for this game. I would make him inactive if possible. If we stop their run, I think our secondary is more than sufficient to hold their WRs who all have drop issues. They don’t have that receiving TE that typically causes us issues so I really like our defense vs their offense. Their defense is good but it can be beat and while Pees knows us we also know his tendencies.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
If our offense plays better than yesterday than we win. That simple.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
And like last season's game against the Titans was critical, so is this one for wildcard implications.