• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

UDFA Thread

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
You are probably not cutting your Pro Bowl returner.
There's definitely a chance The Ravens could move on from Duvernay if they feel like they have a cheaper player on their team that can be just as good or better than him on special teamer. Obviously this has to be proven throughout training camp and preseason but we shall see.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
There's definitely a chance The Ravens could move on from Duvernay if they feel like they have a cheaper player on their team that can be just as good or better than him on special teamer. Obviously this has to be proven throughout training camp and preseason but we shall see.
It's not happening, my friend. They need depth at every position to make a run. Money isn't a factor after Lamar's contract.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Names so far:
QB Nolan Henderson
QB Dion Golatt
RB Keaton Mitchell
RB Owen Wright
WR Dontay Demus
WR Sean Ryan
TE Travis Vokolek
TE Brian Walker
OL Brandon Kipper
OL Jaylon Thomas
OL Tykeem Doss
OL Tashawn Manning
OL Jake Guidone
DT Trey Botts
DT Kaieem Caesar
DT Elijah Green
DL Camron Peterson
CB Corey Mayfield
CB Jeremy Lucien
S Jaquan Amos
Other than injuries, it doesn't seem like there's going to be much. if any, space on the roster for UDFAs this year.

Maybe Dontay Demus (and Pliers) squeezes in at the bottom of the WR depth chart?
Maybe one of the DTs is worth stashing on the practice squad for next season?
UDFA O linemen rarely amount to anything, but the roster seems light in the interior.

I'm surprised to see only 1 Safety on the list, because that's seemed like the only position where the Ravens might have an actual roster spot that needed filling. They obviously don't think so, or they'd have brought a lot of guys in compete for it. They must be thinking of moving someone on the roster, maybe Stephens, to full time Safety.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
Other than injuries, it doesn't seem like there's going to be much. if any, space on the roster for UDFAs this year.

Maybe Dontay Demus (and Pliers) squeezes in at the bottom of the WR depth chart?
Maybe one of the DTs is worth stashing on the practice squad for next season?
UDFA O linemen rarely amount to anything, but the roster seems light in the interior.

I'm surprised to see only 1 Safety on the list, because that's seemed like the only position where the Ravens might have an actual roster spot that needed filling. They obviously don't think so, or they'd have brought a lot of guys in compete for it. They must be thinking of moving someone on the roster, maybe Stephens, to full time Safety.
I think Mitchell may get a chance... but only if JK or Gus gets injured.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
Literally 90% of everything you say in every thread is crazy talk
literally 100% of what you say to me is dissing me. It's not crazy to think so because what if Jk or Gus's reconstructed knee gives out? that happens, you know, your regular knee is stronger than the reconstructed one. So yes, I think keaton mithcell, the man with the 4.37 40 will get a chance

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
literally 100% of what you say to me is dissing me. It's not crazy to think so because what if Jk or Gus's reconstructed knee gives out? that happens, you know, your regular knee is stronger than the reconstructed one. So yes, I think keaton mithcell, the man with the 4.37 40 will get a chance
I'll apologize here, I'm sorry, and no longer engage.

Simba

Staff Member
Been checking out some of the UDFAs and DE Camron Peterson is an intriguing one. God awful testing numbers but long and can stack and shed on the line. Not sure if he can add 10-15 more pounds, but could be a run stopping base DE in a 3-4 front if he can.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m probably late to the party but were you guys aware Keaton Mitchell is the son of former Ravens safety Anthony Mitchell? He played on the 2000 Super Bowl team
I didn't at first but I heard it from others after the signing. Anthony Mitchell did have a great moment in that playoff run of returning a blocked field goal for a TD.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
None of the 18 man UDFA class have any C experience. I'm thinking given that we actually have G and T depth that Mekari is the primary backup C and whoever is losing the OG battle will take reps at C in practice as well

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Also we only brought in 2 WRs, both are 6'3" and 6'4". So we clearly are looking for some size to compliment the current group

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Finally, all of the CBs we brought in are over 6'2" and play outside CB. So I think we are totally unconcerned with the slot

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yep! Can't wait to see the final offseason moves. Still very sure we're bringing back Houston
We only bring back Houston if we go all in... Based on DeCosta's moves so far, that seems to be the case, but otheriwse, I'd be wary.