• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

NHL Thread

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
It was pretty awesome watching the Avs hoist the Stanley Cup again after waiting for 21 years. I became an Avs fan when I was growing up because Joe Sakic was my favorite player and the last time they won the Cup, I believe I had just started high school lol
Good series , still think the Bolts had it if they were healthy. I am emotionally and physically drained just watching , only imagine how the players feel lol

Tank

Hall of Famer
Good series , still think the Bolts had it if they were healthy. I am emotionally and physically drained just watching , only imagine how the players feel lol

If my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle. :p

Stanley Cup is probably the most grueling tournament in professional sports.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Also, I’m over the Stanley cup officiating. They gotta fix it. The last three games of the series both teams were committing blatant penalties but sooo few were called. I understand letting them play but the officials took it to a whole new level this year. Maroon should have been tossed as well for his temper tantrum. Whatever, Go Bolts

Biff Tannen

Practice Squad
Watch out for my Kings tho (LOL, I kid, I kid)! I don't follow hockey that closely, but my friend who's a Bolts fan told me that this Fiala dude we traded is pretty good. Anything that can help our special teams.
Yes Fiala is a very, very good player and attacker. He will make that part of the Kings game instantly better; he's great on the power play also. Decent contract extension as well. He was great for Minnesota, but imo they just did not want to pay him what he's worth.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

You might be right, however, some key Avs players were also dealing with injuries as well. Kadri still managed to have a huge impact on the series, but before he hurt his hand, he was having an absolutely stellar post-season so I can only imagine if he was 100 percent.

Also, I’m over the Stanley cup officiating. They gotta fix it. The last three games of the series both teams were committing blatant penalties but sooo few were called. I understand letting them play but the officials took it to a whole new level this year. Maroon should have been tossed as well for his temper tantrum. Whatever, Go Bolts

The officiating in the whole series was awful. I think my favorite was when Maroon, at least I think it was him, took Mack down to the ice after one play and the officials ignored it. On one hand, you could say that both teams were benefitting from the non-calls all series, but there were plenty of obvious calls that just didn't get made.

It was still a fun series to watch though and probably the best Stanley Cup we've had in some time. Tampa probably has an all-time great team right now and the Avs are finally coming into their own after they had multiple second round playoff exits despite obviously having the talent. I wouldn't be surprised to be see a rematch between these two teams in the next couple of years.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Crippled Caps taking TB to the woodshed. Should be a good one to watch in Fla on Sunday Bolts will be trying for paybacks.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Crippled Caps taking TB to the woodshed. Should be a good one to watch in Fla on Sunday Bolts will be trying for paybacks.

It’s still to early for me to dive all in to Hockey. I will say the bolts defense looks really suspect so far. Maybe we’ll trade for Roquan

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Well we’ll we’ll how the turn tables have… turned

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah, crazy.

Backstrom
Wilson
Oshie
Orlov
Hagelin
Brown
Malenstyn

Hopefully they get some of these guys back soon. They’re actually doing pretty well considering.
I just want Ovie to stay healthy and to get the goal record. Maybe 3 more seasons

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
95 to go

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Meanwhile my Kings, who are mid AF this season, pulled a Ravens defense and allowed SIX GOALS IN THE 3RD.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well damn this thread maybe kinda quiet this year without the Caps in the dance.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Go bolts

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
It goes against my very being, but with Orlov and Hathaway in Boston I’m on the Bruins train.
Ew get the fuck out of here with this hate speech

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
A couple of times, you heard me saying that this past NFL season feels like a remix to the 2021 season. I guess that applies to our NHL season as well. Like 2021, we finished 3rd in the West playing the 2nd seed Oilers in the first. Won game 1 only to lose game 2.