• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

NFL Schedule Thread

Mainejet

Practice Squad
You're really just demonstrating you understand none of the nuance of our team
So shoot me straight then. I'm not here trolling. Just participating/contributing an unbiased opinion about why LJ has not met his success of 2019. I know teams have taken away LJ's run ability substantially because that's the way he was killing teams in 2019. I saw it first hand. The Ravens smoked a BAD Jets team that year. Take the time and tell me why I'm missing the point about LJ? Stop getting butt hurt because I'm a Jets fan. If I were truly a troll, I could think of a lot worse things to say.....

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Personal attack? Intelligent post....
Just stooping down to your level after you told rmc to kiss your ass. Why are you still even here, posting about the Jets? Literally no one cares

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
So shoot me straight then. I'm not here trolling. Just participating/contributing an unbiased opinion about why LJ has not met his success of 2019. I know teams have taken away LJ's run ability substantially because that's the way he was killing teams in 2019. I saw it first hand. The Ravens smoked a BAD Jets team that year. Take the time and tell me why I'm missing the point about LJ? Stop getting butt hurt because I'm a Jets fan. If I were truly a troll, I could think of a lot worse things to say.....
I'm not accusing you of being a troll. I don't think you've said anything that indicates you as such. I'm also not butt hurt lmao. I think you're being a bit sensitive if anything. I meant exactly what I did, which is that you're missing the nuance. And that's not your fault, you're not a Ravens fan...

The Ravens are an incredibly weird and unique team.

2019 was historic. And although the WR talent in that team was not great, it was servicible with NFL quality players (a low bar I know). Defense, OL, RBs all amazing.

2020 A relatively good season, we win a playoff game and Lamar throws a bad pick six in the RZ to end the season in tumultuous weather conditions. (Josh Allen was horrible in that game too and it was super low scoring)

2021 Whole season lost to injury. Absolutely abysmal year. (Lamar hurt taking a shot in the pocket)

2022 Basically a recovery season for the majority of players but Lamar misses the end of the season again from taking a shot in the pocket.

2023. We've got no major injuries coming into the season except for Bateman who is apparently on track. Lamar finally yet again has a strong OL, strong RB room, strong TE room, and now a strong WR room. The defense is also pretty dang legit. If Lamar stays healthy this year (I won't promise you he will) you're going to see a very good Ravens team.

The nuance of Ravens comes from a lot of different angles.

1) Lamar's contract situation took a toll on him
2) Lamar has been battling a he can't throw narrative which makes him less likely to run even when he should
3) He's had horrible WR talent around him his whole career basically
4) Greg Roman's offense + roster construction really hindered the ceiling of the team.
5) Lamar was never given the chance to audible or make changes, or basically any time to read defenses preplay because of how long Roman's calls would take to come in (he would purposefully milk clock)
6) We never ran no huddle. I mean never.

Ultimately Lamar was put in a no win situation in every way imaginable with no fucking help and has still won 75% of all his games. It's taken awhile but the roster is finally better and healthy. Get ready for a 2019/2020 era Ravens team and not a 2021/2022

Mainejet

Practice Squad
I'm not accusing you of being a troll. I don't think you've said anything that indicates you as such. I'm also not butt hurt lmao. I think you're being a bit sensitive if anything. I meant exactly what I did, which is that you're missing the nuance. And that's not your fault, you're not a Ravens fan...

The Ravens are an incredibly weird and unique team.

2019 was historic. And although the WR talent in that team was not great, it was servicible with NFL quality players (a low bar I know). Defense, OL, RBs all amazing.

2020 A relatively good season, we win a playoff game and Lamar throws a bad pick six in the RZ to end the season in tumultuous weather conditions. (Josh Allen was horrible in that game too and it was super low scoring)

2021 Whole season lost to injury. Absolutely abysmal year. (Lamar hurt taking a shot in the pocket)

2022 Basically a recovery season for the majority of players but Lamar misses the end of the season again from taking a shot in the pocket.

2023. We've got no major injuries coming into the season except for Bateman who is apparently on track. Lamar finally yet again has a strong OL, strong RB room, strong TE room, and now a strong WR room. The defense is also pretty dang legit. If Lamar stays healthy this year (I won't promise you he will) you're going to see a very good Ravens team.

The nuance of Ravens comes from a lot of different angles.

1) Lamar's contract situation took a toll on him
2) Lamar has been battling a he can't throw narrative which makes him less likely to run even when he should
3) He's had horrible WR talent around him his whole career basically
4) Greg Roman's offense + roster construction really hindered the ceiling of the team.
5) Lamar was never given the chance to audible or make changes, or basically any time to read defenses preplay because of how long Roman's calls would take to come in (he would purposefully milk clock)
6) We never ran no huddle. I mean never.

Ultimately Lamar was put in a no win situation in every way imaginable with no fucking help and has still won 75% of all his games. It's taken awhile but the roster is finally better and healthy. Get ready for a 2019/2020 era Ravens team and not a 2021/2022
Fair enough. I can tell you I knew 2 and 3 before this conversation. EVERY NFL defense knows the key to keep LJ in check is keeping a linebacker around to spy at the LOS. If you're not there when he takes off? It'll be a very long night. From a Jets standpoint, playing LJ is a lot like playing Josh Allen. Allen is a real danger to run the ball also and he's a fucking runaway freight train because of his size. Number 6 seems stupid to me from the outside looking in? Sounds like Roman should've been fired for that? Every team utilizes no huddle. That's football 101. I look forward to watching the Ravens have a good season. Erik Decosta is an excellent GM IMO and that's the key any success they have IMO. IMO there's a LOT of really good HC'S and a lot less good GM'S. Give any HC the talent and he'll produce a good team. Only exception really is ADAM GASE

Mainejet

Practice Squad
Just stooping down to your level after you told rmc to kiss your ass. Why are you still even here, posting about the Jets? Literally no one cares
Oh, so you're defending him now? I guess he's a babe in the woods that can't fight his own battles?

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Fair enough. I can tell you I knew 2 and 3 before this conversation. EVERY NFL defense knows the key to keep LJ in check is keeping a linebacker around to spy at the LOS. If you're not there when he takes off? It'll be a very long night. From a Jets standpoint, playing LJ is a lot like playing Josh Allen. Allen is a real danger to run the ball also and he's a fucking runaway freight train because of his size. Number 6 seems stupid to me from the outside looking in? Sounds like Roman should've been fired for that? Every team utilizes no huddle. That's football 101. I look forward to watching the Ravens have a good season. Erik Decosta is an excellent GM IMO and that's the key any success they have IMO. IMO there's a LOT of really good HC'S and a lot less good GM'S. Give any HC the talent and he'll produce a good team. Only exception really is ADAM GASE
I actually don't disagree that playing defense against Jsoh Allen is somewhat similar to playing defense against Lamar. I think if our team played this year it would be a really tough match up.

But yes, Roman's incredibly rigid style of play calling, clock management, absence of no huddle, extreme use of heavy personnel, limited numbers of actually diverse plays made him Baltimore's enemy number 1. Throw in lack of receiving talent and injuries and that's how you get the nightmare that was 2021 and 2022.

The expectation is 2023 will be different

JO_75

Hall of Famer
giphy.gif

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Anyhow... I have firmly decided on going to the Ravens-Lions game on October 22nd. I do think that will be a very competitive game with the Lions being much improved and also Justin Tucker seems to do something historic whenever we play the Lions.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Anyhow... I have firmly decided on going to the Ravens-Lions game on October 22nd. I do think that will be a very competitive game with the Lions being much improved and also Justin Tucker seems to do something historic whenever we play the Lions.
I'm going to the Ravens vs Colts game and may head to a 2nd one this year as well.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
75 yard fg just to break the record as we already were ahead 71-0.....as time expires.

In all seriousness, yes this should be a very competitive game.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Im debating taking a road trip with my mentor to either Cleveland or Baltimore for a Ravens vs Browns game. We live in South Florida

He's a Browns fan and is from Cleveland.

I am a Ravens fan (shocker right) and I've never been to a home game.

I am torn boys. Help me

@rmcjacket23 Bless me with your wisdom plz

Simba

Staff Member
Im debating taking a road trip with my mentor to either Cleveland or Baltimore for a Ravens vs Browns game. We live in South Florida

I am torn boys. Help me

Cleveland boring as shit dog

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Cleveland boring as shit dog

I know. It's where he is from though and he hasn't been back in a long time. So it's the only reason I would consider it.

Baltimore is where I want to go lol

Mainejet

Practice Squad
I think you guys will smoke the Lions. For context.. I point to when the Jets hosted the Lions last season. The Jets had NO OL and NO QB. Zach was petrified to even take the field after screwing up so badly in prior games. His confidence was shot. He was throwing the ball up for grabs for most of the game. Horrid QB and OL, and the ST gave up a punt return touchdown. Yet, the Jets almost beat them even with all of the aforementioned deficiencies. The Lions are playing better but they are not anything than slightly above average. Ravens should smoke them....

redrum52

Hall of Famer

I am torn boys. Help me

Want to do a rival away game. Was considering Browns but probably keep it to Bengals or Steelers.

Only game I went to in Balt was the 18 Bucs Ravens game. I flew in drunk and it rained the whole damn time(the only thing I hoped for was no rain). All I remember that day is being miserable the whole time.

Want to do a rival away game. Was considering Browns but probably keep it to Bengals or Steelers.

Only game I went to in Balt was the 18 Bucs Ravens game. I flew in drunk and it rained the whole damn time(the only thing I hoped for was no rain). All I remember that day is miserable the whole time.
Sounds like you weren't drunk enough

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Sounds like you weren't drunk enough
Lol. My boy works at a club. I left work and went to his spot. We left from there to the airport around 6. We literally drank a bar glass(for water) full of tequila before hitting the taxi then drank at the airport lounge. Only sleep we got was on the flight then straight to game where we still drank from bottles we brought in. We came from South Florida and weren't prepared for a cold rain game. We had good seats and one of the few things I do remember is the 2 rows in front us said fuck this shit and bounced early

Tank

Hall of Famer
Lol. My boy works at a club. I left work and went to his spot. We left from there to the airport around 6. We literally drank a bar glass(for water) full of tequila before hitting the taxi then drank at the airport lounge. Only sleep we got was on the flight then straight to game where we still drank from bottles we brought in. We came from South Florida and weren't prepared for a cold rain game. We had good seats and one of the few things I do remember is the 2 rows in front us said fuck this shit and bounced early
Note to self……When going to one game every couple/few years buy seats under cover. lol