• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the Bad, and the Titans

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Did anyone else find it odd that the Byard INT, off the bobbled pass, wasn't even reviewed? It looked like the ball hit the ground as he was trying to control it. Not that it affected the outcome or anything, but they should have at least taken a look at it IMO.

honestly it looked like a clean int to me from all the angles i saw on the broadcast at the time

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Titans were without Spain who is a pretty solid guard, both edge tackles are also hurt to some extent so you wonder if that played a role; however, our guys made it happen so it was a perfect storm.

spain started the game and only went out after the deluge of sacks had already started - remember we had like 4 sacks before the end of the first quarter or something ridiculous like that

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
spain started the game and only went out after the deluge of sacks had already started - remember we had like 4 sacks before the end of the first quarter or something ridiculous like that
Yeah it was getting difficult to keep track. I had to start using my toes...

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
good to see we are still getting little recognition in favor of the steelers.

Good, that's how I like it. Let's kick the Saint's ass

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm not a huge fan of Peanut Onwuasor, but it was great to see him also getting a sack

But I have one thing to criticize. Can we please stop using Boyle as a red zone threat. It makes no sense to send him out as a route runner him.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
honestly it looked like a clean int to me from all the angles i saw on the broadcast at the time
Not sure you got a good look then.

That ball was held by a wrist and forearm all the way down, rolled on the ground, and then gripped with the hand after the roll

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm not a huge fan of Peanut Onwuasor, but it was great to see him also getting a sack

But I have one thing to criticize. Can we please stop using Boyle as a red zone threat. It makes no sense to send him out as a route runner him.

agreed - the only time it makes sense to use boyle in the redzone is if we are sneaking out a tight end from a jumbo set play action type play...
but given that boyle doesnt have a single td in his nfl career id say he's maybe not the player to expect this from

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think somewhere Elvis Dumervil is fucking himself now. Along with Steve Smith Sr. Probably John Brown isn't too pleased either.
Yeah lol you could go on for a while with really good FA acquisitions...Willie hasn’t even had the biggest impact out of THIS years FAs what makes him the best ever...

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Yeah lol you could go on for a while with really good FA acquisitions...Willie hasn’t even had the biggest impact out of THIS years FAs what makes him the best ever...
I do think it was a genius signing. We have him on contract for another two years on the cheap, he's young, and he's proving that he wasn't a product of Brees. He likely won't reach those stats again, but the dude is a professional chain mover posing as an NFL wide receiver. He's one of the most underrated players in the entire league.

This receiving corps isn't elite by any stretch but they all compliment each other so well that doubling one of them is insanely idiotic because we will just kill you with the other two.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I do think it was a genius signing. We have him on contract for another two years on the cheap, he's young, and he's proving that he wasn't a product of Brees. He likely won't reach those stats again, but the dude is a professional chain mover posing as an NFL wide receiver. He's one of the most underrated players in the entire league.

This receiving corps isn't elite by any stretch but they all compliment each other so well that doubling one of them is insanely idiotic because we will just kill you with the other two.
He’s a good player and I’m glad we signed him but I’m just saying he’s not the best signing we’ve ever had.

And in terms of this, we will just kill you with the other two unless it’s last week then we will still throw 14 passes to the doubled receiver and not use one of them at all. But whatever

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
He’s a good player and I’m glad we signed him but I’m just saying he’s not the best signing we’ve ever had.

And in terms of this, we will just kill you with the other two unless it’s last week then we will still throw 14 passes to the doubled receiver and not use one of them at all. But whatever
Flacco needs to never do that again. He probably got into a funk and thought it was last season where Wallace was his only viable target.