• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the Bad, and the Titans

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
  • I wonder how many sacks we would have gotten if Tim Williams had a fully healed hamstring...
  • Snead continues to be money on 3rd downs. Crabtree and Brown seem to get most of the attention, but Snead is out here extending drives and making clutch catches.
  • Congrats to the ST for making it through an entire game without giving up a blocked kick!
  • On a related note, Rich Gannon can fuck right off. Right before halftime he suggested that the Ravens should trade for Graham Gano to kick a 60+ yd FG. Um, what? We already have the GOAT kicker, you dumb piece of SHIT.
  • Did anyone else find it odd that the Byard INT, off the bobbled pass, wasn't even reviewed? It looked like the ball hit the ground as he was trying to control it. Not that it affected the outcome or anything, but they should have at least taken a look at it IMO.
  • Gus Edwards looked solid and seems to be a good compliment to Collins (at least until Dixon comes back for a game or two lol).
I heard that comment about Gano and was just as pissed as you were.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
  • I wonder how many sacks we would have gotten if Tim Williams had a fully healed hamstring...
  • Snead continues to be money on 3rd downs. Crabtree and Brown seem to get most of the attention, but Snead is out here extending drives and making clutch catches.
  • Congrats to the ST for making it through an entire game without giving up a blocked kick!
  • On a related note, Rich Gannon can fuck right off. Right before halftime he suggested that the Ravens should trade for Graham Gano to kick a 60+ yd FG. Um, what? We already have the GOAT kicker, you dumb piece of SHIT.
  • Did anyone else find it odd that the Byard INT, off the bobbled pass, wasn't even reviewed? It looked like the ball hit the ground as he was trying to control it. Not that it affected the outcome or anything, but they should have at least taken a look at it IMO.
  • Gus Edwards looked solid and seems to be a good compliment to Collins (at least until Dixon comes back for a game or two lol).
By nfl catch standards that was without question an incompletion and I’m pissed they didn’t even review it, and there should be a stiff punishment handed out for that one since ALL turnovers MUST be reviewed

Tank

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I thought every TO was reviewed, and if they did they didn’t look at it very long. Sure did look like the ground help make the catch. Also wondered why we didn’t challenge, unless they assumed the review had already confirmed. The whole thing seemed odd.

I love Snead, he seems to catch pretty much everything he touches.

Last edited:

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Man, I can't get enough of this game.
Wonder how did Marty know the way to beat Pees is to kill him on 3rd down. All day long.
It's so fucking satisfying watching someone else suffer and we create that pain.
The only other Ravens fan who enjoyed this game as much as you did was ravensdfan. But how great it was to be so efficient on 3rd down compared to the atrocity in last week's game against CLE.

-I will not waver on this (well it's a moot point), but he would've made a difference in the CLE game due to his speed. By the way, they got lucky with getting away with a couple of holding calls.
-Yes, our ST finally played well. Heck, Jones had a nice return too!
-LMAO! Gannon was saying this shit in jest and he knows better. That comment was never to be taken seriously.
-WTF is up with Byard and these lucky ass INTs against us? What's more odd is that we didn't challenge it. Moot point though.
-Gus needs a few more snaps. Heck, I like him more than Buck as strictly a rusher. Buck is still pretty good as a pass-catcher out of the backfield.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah, I thought every TO was reviewed, and if they did they didn’t look at it very long. Sure did look like the ground help make the catch. Also wondered why we didn’t challenge, unless they assumed the review had already confirmed. The whole thing seemed odd.

I love Snead, he seems to catch pretty much everything he touches.

Well, I believe it happened under the 2 minute warning which means we wouldn't have been able to challenge. But yeah, it definitely should have been reviewed regardless. Maybe there's some fine print in the rules saying that if a call benefits any team facing the Ravens then it shouldn't be reviewed. lol

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
A question for those more knowledgeable than myself. Is the Titans O line that pathetic or did our D just go absolutely HAM yesterday?!?!?

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
A question for those more knowledgeable than myself. Is the Titans O line that pathetic or did our D just go absolutely HAM yesterday?!?!?

They're one of the better O-lines in the league and had only given up 9 sacks before yesterday. The D balled out yesterday and had one of the most dominating performances in the history of the franchise. It was BEAUTIFUL!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Best tackle tandem in the keague and I don’t think it’s close, but their interior is nothing special at all.

Our defense regardless went absolutely fucking nuts against an OL that’s far from a slouch.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Titans were without Spain who is a pretty solid guard, both edge tackles are also hurt to some extent so you wonder if that played a role; however, our guys made it happen so it was a perfect storm.

Last edited:
Their interior isn't anything special. Also their receivers are the definition of average and our corners will devour those type of receiving cores. Mariota had nothing to throw to.

Tank

Hall of Famer
They have top talent tackles but I think both were nicked and missed practice time this week. May have had something to do with it.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Regardless of the status of the Titans' o-line prior to our game, it's still astonishing that we were able to get 11 sacks in one game! Yes, it's an anomaly, but an incredible one nonetheless.

Shout out to Brandon Carr, took a lot of heat late last season but he has been a stud through 6 games and you can argue that he's been our best CB this year.

Regardless of the status of the Titans' o-line prior to our game, it's still astonishing that we were able to get 11 sacks in one game! Yes, it's an anomaly, but an incredible one nonetheless.
Doesn't matter who you play IMO, 11 sacks is very impressive. We've played worst OLs and haven't came close to replicating this type of performance.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Titans were without Spain who is a pretty solid guard, both edge tackles are also hurt to some extent so you wonder if that played a role; however, our guys made it happen so it was a perfect storm.
Spain played unless he left in game?

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
The funny thing is that Gano missed an extra point yesterday. HA

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The funny thing is that Gano missed an extra point yesterday. HA
When Oh No Gano was the skins kicker he would make the long kicks and miss the kicks under 40 yards. It doesn’t surprise me he misses a PAT. He was cut because he missed a 30 yarder to win the game