• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 7 Discussion (Other Teams)

Who Wins Between Chiefs & Bengals?

• Chiefs

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • Bengals

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Week 7 is upon us and the NFL season has plenty of stories left to be told, such as the race for the number one pick in the 2019 Draft. Five teams enter week seven at 1-5, we now have only one undefeated team remaining and a playoff picture full of surprises such as the Bears and Redskins. What twists and turns will occur this week that could shape up the playoff picture come December?

Broncos @ Cardinals: After the Draft, Josh Rosen said 9 mistakes were made when he was passed over and the Broncos are one of those mistakes. Rosen looks to show Denver why it was a mistake to pass on him but it will help to get David Johnson and the run game going in order to help Rosen against Von Miller & company.

Titans @ Chargers: Another week of London means Breakfast and Football in Bed! Tune in at 9:30am as the Chargers continue to try to win over fans in LA and the Titans look to rebound after being shutout last week at home. The Chargers D came up with five sacks last week against Cleveland, and will look to make the Titans O-Line invisible once again this week.

Patriots @ Bears: Sadly we have reached the point of the season where the Patriots are the Patriots and the Bears came back down to earth after a fast start to the season against the Dolphins. Allowing Brock Osweiler to hang 31 points on them, but Mitch Trubisky is riding high heading into this game and could the Pats be in for another shootout in Chicago?

Bills @ Colts: Josh Allen is out for a couple weeks so the Bills will turn to veteran QB Derek Anderson against the Colts on Sunday. The Bills have been playing teams really well since their week one loss and that is in part thanks to the third ranked defense in the NFL. The Colts defense is giving up 30 points per game and it could very well be another long day for Andrew Luck and company.

Lions @ Dolphins: Ryan Tannehill is out again and that means Brock Osweiler is back under center for the Dolphins. They survived a OT game against the Bears but have a well rested Lions team coming to town off their bye. The Lions have allowed 150 rushing yards per game so far in 2018 and that could mean big things once again for Frank Gore on Sunday.

Vikings @ Jets: The Vikings have a bit of a losing history when it comes to playing the Jets on the road, 2-8 and are seeking their first win on the road against the Jets this Sunday. Kirk Cousins had the option to choose the Jets but chose the Vikings, now the Vikings look to keep their momentum going while New York hopes to keep building momentum with Darnold and progressing enough for Todd Bowles to not be fired.

Panthers @ Eagles: The Panthers look to get back on track after a tough loss to the Redskins by traveling to Philly for another NFC clash with the Eagles. Carolina looks to turn their road woes around as they are 0-2 on the road as the Eagles find themselves in the midst of a tight NFC East race early on this season.

Browns @ Buccaneers: The Bucs are once again awful after being so promising a year or two ago. The Browns are improving, Carlos Hyde is now a Jaguar in favor of giving rookie Nick Chubb more playing time and the Bucs defense is one of the worst in the league. Browns will show more promise as it's only a matter of time before Dirk Koetter joins Mike Smith on the unemployment line.

Texans @ Jaguars: If we have the NFC Least to describe the terrible NFC East, then what do we call the AFC South? A three way tie between the Texans, Jaguars and Titans at 3-3 heading into week seven and the Jags look to have a hangover following last year's success and the Deshaun Watson has yet to show the promise he showed before getting injured last year.

Rams @ 49ers: CJ Bethard almost pulled off the Lambeau upset on Monday Night but will most likely come back down to earth against the law firm of Donald and Suh. On a short week, the 49ers look to be the ONE in 6-1 and snap the undefeated streak of the Rams.

Cowboys @ Redskins: Both teams are riding high on wins heading into this week but it is interesting to note that the Cowboys have not loss to the Redskins since 2015. Dallas has struggled when not in Jerry's World where they average 28 points a game, but only 12 points average on the road. Something has to give here in this matchup that could help settle the NFC East come December.

Bengals @ Chiefs: The Chiefs look to bounce back after a loss to the Patriots against the Bengals where Andy Dalton struggles in prime time(6-14 record) and playing in Arrowhead is no easy task. Can the Chiefs avoid the mid season collapse of last season and get back on track or will Cincy leave KC with a win?

Giants @ Falcons: The Giants are awful, OBJ's dad is now fighting with Giants Owner John Mara and it is clear in a draft redo Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen or Josh Allen is in a Giants uniform and Barkley is probably a Brown. Look for the Falcons to take advantage of the drama and come out with a win as the Giants stay in competition for the first overall pick in 2019.

Last edited:

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Cardinals may want to consider being one and done with Steve Wilks and firing their GM and starting over again next year. Get a Offensive minded HC who can help Rosen much like how McVay has done with Goff and the Rams.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Cardinals may want to consider being one and done with Steve Wilks and firing their GM and starting over again next year. Get a Offensive minded HC who can help Rosen much like how McVay has done with Goff and the Rams.
It's not easy to develop with some of that supporting cast. Sure Fitzgerald and David Johnson are both studs respectively, but the rest of that offense is hilariously bad, especially the offensive line. Because of that, it's harder for David Johnson to get going, and if the QB is getting pressured, well the hall of fame WR can't do shit.

Baker looks far and away the best of the rookies, but he also has the best team. Darnold has nothing either. Allen is Allen and is predictably fucking terrible(though he easily has the worst supporting cast). Rosen's got his moments, but with no oline it was so predictable to see him feast.

Oh well though. Still too early to call him a bust or anything. I could be wrong about Allen too. But whatever

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
It's not easy to develop with some of that supporting cast. Sure Fitzgerald and David Johnson are both studs respectively, but the rest of that offense is hilariously bad, especially the offensive line. Because of that, it's harder for David Johnson to get going, and if the QB is getting pressured, well the hall of fame WR can't do shit.

Baker looks far and away the best of the rookies, but he also has the best team. Darnold has nothing either. Allen is Allen and is predictably fucking terrible(though he easily has the worst supporting cast). Rosen's got his moments, but with no oline it was so predictable to see him feast.

Oh well though. Still too early to call him a bust or anything. I could be wrong about Allen too. But whatever
I'm telling you - Lamar is the best of that bunch.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Talk already that Cardinals will fire OC Mike McCoy and will be replaced by QBs Coach Byron Leftwich.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
1 game. Baker has had a few mediocre games too.
I agree but baker descion making has been better than rosen’s. You can have a bad game and still look like a decent qb. . From day 1 i thought baker was the best. Even when people had darnold and minkah ( i think both are trash) going to the browns...so till proven otherwise.. baker is the best

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I agree but baker descion making has been better than rosen’s. You can have a bad game and still look like a decent qb. . From day 1 i thought baker was the best. Even when people had darnold and minkah ( i think both are trash) going to the browns...so till proven otherwise.. baker is the best
I’m not a fan of Darnold either. I did think Baker and Rosen looked like the top 2 but still much too early to tell.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
mike mccoy is gone - steve wilks really does have that 1 and done type of feel to him - and with their GM Steve Keim having embarrassed the club in the offseason i think its fairly likely the cardinals blow this up completely next year...

new GM, new Head Coach (preferably up and coming young offensive guru), new system, restock talent and build around young qb

thats the blueprint

it worked for the eagles, rams and now bears too

you've got to think there may be a fight for the best offensive head coaching candidates too between the Jets, Cardinals and Browns maybe this offseason - could be the texans also if they continue to do very little (the least impressive 3 game winning streak ive ever seen)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I agree with firing Wills and the GM and also getting an offensive minded coach, but McVays don’t come around often.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
at the moment there seems to be 1 or 2 a year

Doug Pederson was the first one but Kyle Shanahan and Sean Mcvay 2 years ago (you could maybe say Anthony Lynn too - but he doesnt have a young qb to contend with) and then Matt Nagy this year
......They can have Marty.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
at the moment there seems to be 1 or 2 a year

Doug Pederson was the first one but Kyle Shanahan and Sean Mcvay 2 years ago (you could maybe say Anthony Lynn too - but he doesnt have a young qb to contend with) and then Matt Nagy this year
Although Shanahan is a talented offensive mind, I think McVay is a genius. I believe they are in a different category and followed them closely when they were both in Washington, especially when McVay was only the TE coach I knew he was on his way to being a very successful coach in this league for a long time. I also like Lynn and Nagy, but don’t believe they are on the same level as McVay.

McVay likes to understand what is going on in the defense and special teams, which is important for a coach, yet he lets the assistants coach. He’s been successful with every job he’s had, I like Harbaugh and I would have considered a switch in head coaches for McVay.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Although Shanahan is a talented offensive mind, I think McVay is a genius. I believe they are in a different category and followed them closely when they were both in Washington, especially when McVay was only the TE coach I knew he was on his way to being a very successful coach in this league for a long time. I also like Lynn and Nagy, but don’t believe they are on the same level as McVay.

McVay likes to understand what is going on in the defense and special teams, which is important for a coach, yet he lets the assistants coach. He’s been successful with every job he’s had, I like Harbaugh and I would have considered a switch in head coaches for McVay.
I'm with you. The next good HC and OC imo are DeFilippo and McDaniel. That doesn't mean they're on McVays level but those are two potentially great offensive minded coaches.
You basically have just to look for Reids or Mike Shanahan coaching tree to find a candidate.
Lincoln Riley is also interesting, but I doubt he leaves OU.