• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 7 Discussion (Other Teams)

Who Wins Between Chiefs & Bengals?

• Chiefs

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • Bengals

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

rossihunter2

Staff Member
When I first saw it, I'm like "Yep, that's getting flagged." However, when I saw the replay, I thought it was a legal lateral. I agree with your assessment especially since I could've sworn that Big Ben did something very similar to Bell in last season's playoff game against the Jags and it wasn't called.

it is a rule that is fundamentally broken on a scientific level - if this was a play that happened often in the NFL this rule would have been fixed years ago

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I don’t hate the Patriots players or coaches, I just wish they would line up and play fair. They have benefited by weird rule exceptions and had cheating scandals that I am not a fan of. I actually like when we play them, as many of these games have been epic.
I grew respect for Brady after that epic comeback against the Falcons. As far as lining up and playing fair, eh. If this was us, I don't think we'd have a problem with it if it led to success. Now granted, I don't watch many Pats game, but the ones where I do, I don't see much complaining and bitching from him which was my biggest gripe with him.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
it is a rule that is fundamentally broken on a scientific level - if this was a play that happened often in the NFL this rule would have been fixed years ago
It's almost like he should dive forward, turn his body around, and then throw it to the guy just so there isn't a flag.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Dean Pees has been true to form - so many soft coverages on 3rd down - the number of times the titans have rushed 3 and given rivers all day to throw - there's only so long your coverage can hold up vs that much time - jurrell casey is great but he cant consistently beat triple teams...

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Titans had the 2 pt conversion on 2 successive plays there - the first play mariota had the back to the flat wide open but he didnt even look (was lucky that the back drew the hold)
the 2nd play it opened up for him to run and he threw it high to someone who was well covered

i like the call from vrabel - i respect those cajones and going for the win but mariota just lost that twice

also with 1 play from the 1 yard line - how are you not running it or qb sneaking it there?

Tank

Hall of Famer
Titans had the 2 pt conversion on 2 successive plays there - the first play mariota had the back to the flat wide open but he didnt even look (was lucky that the back drew the hold)
the 2nd play it opened up for him to run and he threw it high to someone who was well covered

i like the call from vrabel - i respect those cajones and going for the win but mariota just lost that twice

also with 1 play from the 1 yard line - how are you not running it or qb sneaking it there?
Henry up the middle

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Mitch is pretty shit
He didn’t start out great but he’s picking it up. You gotta remember bellichick is smart and crafty, it’s not just a Brady thing, he’s probably given Mitch some confusing drops, as evidenced by his multiple tuck and runs.

Allen Robinson also dropped a beautiful pass which killed the drive before the FG. This game could easily be 14-7