• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 7 Discussion (Other Teams)

Who Wins Between Chiefs & Bengals?

• Chiefs

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • Bengals

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm with you. The next good HC and OC imo are DeFilippo and McDaniel. That doesn't mean they're on McVays level but those are two potentially great offensive minded coaches.
You basically have just to look for Reids or Mike Shanahan coaching tree to find a candidate.
Lincoln Riley is also interesting, but I doubt he leaves OU.
Technically the same tree, just different branches (Walsh), although Reid really does have his own redwood tree of his own.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I only put this because I hate the Bills.
I hate the Colts the most (for obvious reasons), probably the Bengals next (because they play dirty). I am not a fan of the Broncos because of Elway, and the Patriots because I am not a fan of how they twist the rules.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I hate the Colts the most (for obvious reasons), probably the Bengals next (because they play dirty). I am not a fan of the Broncos because of Elway, and the Patriots because I am not a fan of how they twist the rules.
Completely understandable. Since I'm not from the Baltimore area and was way before my time, it's tough for me to hate the Colts for those reasons, but I totally get why a number of Ravens fans hate the Colts to this day.

Because I didn't truly follow the NFL until 2010 (yeah, I'm a late bloomer lol), I can't naturally hate Elway for that reason. This may be one of the most unpopular opinions/feelings on this thread, but the Pats at this juncture are not even my most hated team in that division. They're actually my third most hated team behind the Bills and Dolphins.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
the lateral rule in the NFL is broken and defies physics
when your momentum is going forwards you can still throw the ball backwards and it the ball will still move forwards through the air

rugby is a sport built on lateral/backwards passes and accepts the fact in its rules that the ball will likely still move forwards through the air

the rule should be about the direction of the throwing motion i.e. if the hand moves backwards and the ball's initial movement is backwards then it's a legal lateral

this came up on a seahawks play last season and was spoken about by neil degrasse tyson:
https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/938155412347588610?lang=en

the rule makes no sense if it penalizes players from making instinctive plays or to stop before they make the play

i hate that the rule is basically wrong but it wont get changed

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Completely understandable. Since I'm not from the Baltimore area and was way before my time, it's tough for me to hate the Colts for those reasons, but I totally get why a number of Ravens fans hate the Colts to this day.

Because I didn't truly follow the NFL until 2010 (yeah, I'm a late bloomer lol), I can't naturally hate Elway for that reason. This may be one of the most unpopular opinions/feelings on this thread, but the Pats at this juncture are not even my most hated team in that division. They're actually my third most hated team behind the Bills and Dolphins.
I don’t hate the Patriots players or coaches, I just wish they would line up and play fair. They have benefited by weird rule exceptions and had cheating scandals that I am not a fan of. I actually like when we play them, as many of these games have been epic.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
when your momentum is going forwards you can still throw the ball backwards and it the ball will still move forwards through the air

rugby is a sport built on lateral/backwards passes and accepts the fact in its rules that the ball will likely still move forwards through the air

the rule should be about the direction of the throwing motion i.e. if the hand moves backwards and the ball's initial movement is backwards then it's a legal lateral

this came up on a seahawks play last season and was spoken about by neil degrasse tyson:

the rule makes no sense if it penalizes players from making instinctive plays or to stop before they make the play

I absolutely agree with you 100%

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

I absolutely agree with you 100%
When I first saw it, I'm like "Yep, that's getting flagged." However, when I saw the replay, I thought it was a legal lateral. I agree with your assessment especially since I could've sworn that Big Ben did something very similar to Bell in last season's playoff game against the Jags and it wasn't called.