• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

(Never) Too Early Prospect Watch

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
You know what's ironic about me creating this post? I don't even watch college football that closely. When I do, I just watch it for the sake of it in hopes of it being a good game. Nonetheless, have at it you draft scouts and gurus. This thread is pretty self-explanatory.

K-Dog

MVP
Every draft I say " I am gonna come in more educated next year"
Still has not yet happened.

brucealmty

Practice Squad
Like so many others, I like reading about the next great players the Ravens draft. I have my list of the top 100 2018 prospects the draft gurus are hyping. Mostly I just use it to remind myself who to keep an eye on in Saturday's game. As far as this thread, I hope it will be as entertaining as the BR forum with many of the same personalities posting here as posted there.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not sure we'll have an opening at guard, but I'd love to see the Ravens bring in Billy Price from Ohio State. The guy is a monster. Apparently he's going to get to try out for center since Elflien is gone, so he could even come with extra versatility.

Calvin Ridly (Alabama), Justin Jackson (Northwestern), Christian Kirk (Texa A&M), and James Washington (OSU) would all be great additions to our offense.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Not sure we'll have an opening at guard, but I'd love to see the Ravens bring in Billy Price from Ohio State. The guy is a monster. Apparently he's going to get to try out for center since Elflien is gone, so he could even come with extra versatility.

Calvin Ridly (Alabama), Justin Jackson (Northwestern), Christian Kirk (Texa A&M), and James Washington (OSU) would all be great additions to our offense.
What positions do they play?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Looks like we are headed towards a strong offensive draft in 2018. Lots of skill position and lineman that could fit what we are looking for. As @RaineV1 mentioned Kirk, Ridley and Washington. I'd like to add Courtlsnd Sutton (SMU) to the mix as well as Quentin Nelson, guard (Notre Dame) and Saquon Barkley, rb (Penn St).

These are the guys I have my eyes on for our offense.
[doublepost=1494984600,1494984418][/doublepost]
What positions do they play?
Price is guard/center
Ridley, WR
Kirk, WR
Washington, WR
Jackson, RB

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I love me some Minkah Fitzpatrick.
Rare corner prospect coming out.

If anyone wants to see examples of extremely rare ball skills from a corner coming into college, look at Fitzpatrick. Easily the top CB prospect so far and a top 3 DB prospect.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Rare corner prospect coming out.

If anyone wants to see examples of extremely rare ball skills from a corner coming into college, look at Fitzpatrick. Easily the top CB prospect so far and a top 3 DB prospect.

I've joked that ozzie and the FO must have been getting their shirt numbers confused mistaking humphrey for fitzpatrick on film :p thats the only way i could see them saying '' BY FAR THE BEST PLAYER ON OUR BOARD''.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I've joked that ozzie and the FO must have been getting their shirt numbers confused mistaking humphrey for fitzpatrick on film :p thats the only way i could see them saying '' BY FAR THE BEST PLAYER ON OUR BOARD''.
"That they would take." I think that instantly disqualified Foster and Allen. I think he was probably three behind those two.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
"That they would take." I think that instantly disqualified Foster and Allen. I think he was probably three behind those two.
Well we all saw how far Foster fell. Allen just scared some teams off with his shoulder and back issues. I think he will be fine in the long run and believe the skins got s steel at 17. That being said, I'm pretty stoked that we landed Humphrey.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
If you didn't mean to quote me I'm assuming your in the totally wrong thread. Not sure what other post in this thread could be replied to with what you said apart from mine
Well, unless someone deleted a post that you had replied to, I probably am in the wrong thread.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
From what I've seen, prospects that caught my eye:
Christian Kirk
Ronald Jones II, RB, USC
Nick Chubb, RB, UG
Sam Hubbard, EDGE, OSU
Calvin Ridley
Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn State

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I thought this was an interesting move- It appears Minkah Fitzpatrick will stay at safety and will declare for the 2018 draft (pending any major injuries) as a free safety.

Despite having some of the most natural ball skills, requisite length/size/weight, and very natural cover skills, Fitzpatrick feels he's more natural at free safety where he can use his ball hawking mentality to go make plays on the ball.

Crazy thing is, he could be a top 10 pick at safety or corner, so he's set either way. Very special DB.