• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

(Never) Too Early Prospect Watch

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Barkley and kirk are at the top of my wish list for sure. Im pretty set in stone with them both having top 15 grades on our board for next year
I do like Kirk and he looks like he has a good mentality, but I'm wondering if his production doesn't come from the scheme, looks like he is given a lot of help from that and not from his route running like I would like to see. But that may be just me, haven't really focused a lot on him

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I do like Kirk and he looks like he has a good mentality, but I'm wondering if his production doesn't come from the scheme, looks like he is given a lot of help from that and not from his route running like I would like to see. But that may be just me, haven't really focused a lot on him
Well hes still producing at a high level with trevor knight at qb. Im not worried about him and scheme. He shows enough on tape for me to see he can be an elite slot reciever. Id like to see what he can do with a decent qb

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
This is the year we beef up the oline. It could be thr deepest ol draft in years.

This is the year we beef up the oline. It could be thr deepest ol draft in years.

I like Rankin, but I think he's ascending into the top 15 spots. Over the years I've started to rate versatility and durability over traits like power... although we have reverted back to a power man scheme.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I like Rankin, but I think he's ascending into the top 15 spots. Over the years I've started to rate versatility and durability over traits like power... although we have reverted back to a power man scheme.
when you are talking versatility are you talking scheme diverse or the ability to play multiple positions. Because these are very valuable traits and durability goes without saying.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Haven't watched more than a handful of prospects but McGlinchey looks like my guy for this year. He looks so long and so quick, with that mean streack you want in your RT. Him and Stanley on our OL is downright illegal.

Haven't watched more than a handful of prospects but McGlinchey looks like my guy for this year. He looks so long and so quick, with that mean streack you want in your RT. Him and Stanley on our OL is downright illegal.

Double dip? I wouldn't mind if he was available considering our line remains our weakest spot, but then again would he want to play RT?

when you are talking versatility are you talking scheme diverse or the ability to play multiple positions. Because these are very valuable traits and durability goes without saying.

Either but preferably both, KO and Yanda are good examples and neither was close to being a first round pick. Carl Nicks and Brandon Brooks are two others I was big on, I couldn't believe it when Nicks fell to the 5th and we passed on him for two OL busts. Last year I was a huge fan of Cody Whitehair, although he's more versatile than scheme diverse.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
McGlinchley Ridley and Nelson are my favorite players in the draft. Only players I really know anything about. But I saw enough to know any player besides one of them would be a total disappointment. Don't care who else is in the draft. I will not like them as much as that trio!! Ravens need to come away with one. If it's a down year and ravens finish sub 500 it would be cool to find a way pull off 2 of them!! McGlinchley Nelson Stanley and Eluemunor would be quite a fraternity!!

flubberdubber

Practice Squad
Any thoughts on Zeus's son, Orlando Brown Jr. at RT. Our recent FO love affair with adding size on the OL makes him an attractable candidate for said affairs. Not sure he will come out but he may be an interesting guy. He is pretty horrendous at engaging defenders at the second level. was watching the Auburn tape and I kind of lost count of how many guys he just flat our whiffed on at the LB spot. He can seal an edge or LB but in terms of playing in space I am not sure. Oklahoma's scheme may be a tricky transition to what we will be running as their really is not much downhill action (is it changing this year with Stoops gone?). Also from the small amount I saw he is not the quickest to diagnose and change assignments on blitz and stunts. I do think some trimming down would help him massively in all of this, will be interesting to see how he progresses this year

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Any thoughts on Zeus's son, Orlando Brown Jr. at RT. Our recent FO love affair with adding size on the OL makes him an attractable candidate for said affairs. Not sure he will come out but he may be an interesting guy. He is pretty horrendous at engaging defenders at the second level. was watching the Auburn tape and I kind of lost count of how many guys he just flat our whiffed on at the LB spot. He can seal an edge or LB but in terms of playing in space I am not sure. Oklahoma's scheme may be a tricky transition to what we will be running as their really is not much downhill action (is it changing this year with Stoops gone?). Also from the small amount I saw he is not the quickest to diagnose and change assignments on blitz and stunts. I do think some trimming down would help him massively in all of this, will be interesting to see how he progresses this year
Would he be considered a mid-late round guy?

flubberdubber

Practice Squad
Would he be considered a mid-late round guy?

I think he is being hyped a little higher, maybe between 2 and 3rd rounds. Think he might struggle to get that value given his size and the concerns that teams may have around that. I am really not exactly sure where his value is but I am not sure I would place more than a mid to late 3rd on him at this point

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Equanimous st. Brown (i think that's his name) wr from ND looks like a pretty good pro wr, size, hands, fluidity, ball skills, great athleticism despite only having decent top speed

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I admitedly haven't done it for a long time, but Quenton Nelson is without a doubt the best OG I've ever studied. Both impeccable in his movement and violent in his behaviour. Also, crazy explosiveness off the snap.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
I admitedly haven't done it for a long time, but Quenton Nelson is without a doubt the best OG I've ever studied. Both impeccable in his movement and violent in his behaviour. Also, crazy explosiveness off the snap.

I agree with Nelson. However Guard probably isn't an up front need. Especially if Lewis and Eluemunor remain at guard and reach full potential. However Lewis could be the RT. And Nelson could very well be a best available. Players I like best are Nelson and Ridley. You can throw McGlinchey in there to. Ravens need one of those dudes. Ridley is underrated as good as he is and projected. He is a phenom!! If ravens disappointedly didn't get one of those 3. Then I would pull for a defensive tackle that can get double digit sacks along the interior. As well as consistent pressure in the QBs face. Atkins was one of my favorite players coming out ever!! As was Grady Jarrett. Can't believe ravens picked that loser Carl Davis!!

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Just a message to say (before Flex or LiT start) that I am the driver of the Akrum Wadley hype train as well as Mike McGlinchey's.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Just watched Tyrone Wheatly (TE, Michigan) vs Illinois. Who the hell is this dude? He's a freaking bully! He's powerful and explosive, best TE I've watched yet.