• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

(Never) Too Early Prospect Watch

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
He's fast and strong, can penetrate in the middle and is a real pest on scrimmage line. Needs constant attention, often by double teams. I'd love guy like that for the Ravens.
I remember him earning ejection vs Alabama last year for slam tackle on Josh Jacobs.
Yeah if he's there in the third I'd like that idea of having an interior pass rusher like him. That would give other guys better matchups

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I think he's going in 2nd
That's possible, but I wouldn't take him there. I think he's got a lot of maturity to gain before he can really amount to anything in the pros. He looks like he doesn't have great technique or understanding of the game.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Two defensive players I'd be ok with in the second round even if it means missing on offensive help:
Armani Watts
Taven Bryan

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Weird. I see drafts where Elliot goes ahead of watts.
That doesn't surprise me. I think Watts has been quite the forgotten man this season but I think he'll pick up steam in the draft process and especially at the Senior Bowl. Eliott will apparently lose some as he is expected to test poorly.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I can't believe he still has Connor Williams that high. Seems like everyone else has left the Williams hype train, and some are even calling him a day 2 pick now. His film really doesn't show a top ten talent.
It’s due to his injury. Williams is a first round talent.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Anybody explain why Dorian O'Daniel gets zero attention? The guy is everywhere on the field and plays as fast as any LB.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Two defensive players I'd be ok with in the second round even if it means missing on offensive help:
Armani Watts
Taven Bryan
Taven Bryan has the highest DT ceiling since Aaron Donald, he COULD be a very special talent, but he's gotta learn a lot of discipline and needs a better hustle and effort for when the play doesn't initially go his way. I have no doubts he will cause a lot of disruption as a rookie, but whether or not he can finish plays consistently at the next level is gonna be a question for me.

Do I think he's a legit value for us at 16? Absolutely, I just have my reservations about him

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I can't believe he still has Connor Williams that high. Seems like everyone else has left the Williams hype train, and some are even calling him a day 2 pick now. His film really doesn't show a top ten talent.
Yeah I was highly disappointed by his film. His awareness is lacking

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Taven Bryan has the highest DT ceiling since Aaron Donald, he COULD be a very special talent, but he's gotta learn a lot of discipline and needs a better hustle and effort for when the play doesn't initially go his way. I have no doubts he will cause a lot of disruption as a rookie, but whether or not he can finish plays consistently at the next level is gonna be a question for me.

Do I think he's a legit value for us at 16? Absolutely, I just have my reservations about him
I absolutely agree. Huge, and I mean huge ceiling. Don't know if it's higher than Buckner and McDowell but it's up there. But a lot of refinement in both awareness and pass rushing technique. If he could learn some moves and trust his bullrush (which was devastating when he used it) more he could end up unstoppable. Like the guys at ndt said, he's the type of guy you can build a defensive front around.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
One good thing about not making the playoffs is that we now have a chance to land a legitimate first round talent in a class that isn't very top heavy. If we were picking in the mid to late 20s we would've had a hard time finding a real first round talent. And even more, with all the qbs in this class we could see ourselves being able to land a kings ransom for a trade back. Bills have 2 picks behind us and they very well could be after a qb and we would be an ideal spot if one is falling

rossihunter2

Staff Member
One good thing about not making the playoffs is that we now have a chance to land a legitimate first round talent in a class that isn't very top heavy. If we were picking in the mid to late 20s we would've had a hard time finding a real first round talent. And even more, with all the qbs in this class we could see ourselves being able to land a kings ransom for a trade back. Bills have 2 picks behind us and they very well could be after a qb and we would be an ideal spot if one is falling

It feels weird but it’s 100% in our best interests to root against Tyrod this offseason

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
It feels weird but it’s 100% in our best interests to root against Tyrod this offseason
I'd say the opposite. He'll probably want out of a team that can't respect him (and he's a FA I believe) so if he wins some games in the PO the Bills will need even more to trade up for their QB, which could bode well for us.