• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

(Never) Too Early Prospect Watch

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Honestly if neither of Connor Williams or McGlinchey is there I'd rather trade back or wait one round before taking an OL.
Well say an elite RB or WR or Pass rusher is there I'd have to agree. I'd take Harold Landry over most of the prospects in the next draft and I LIKE Tim Williams and Matt Judon.

Next offseason I'd actually consider beefing up the oline in free agency by adding a center and get a few skill position guys on offense if we get the chance.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Well say an elite RB or WR or Pass rusher is there I'd have to agree. I'd take Harold Landry over most of the prospects in the next draft and I LIKE Tim Williams and Matt Judon.

Next offseason I'd actually consider beefing up the oline in free agency by adding a center and get a few skill position guys on offense if we get the chance.
Totally agree that beefing up should be the priority. A RB and a TE would be very cool as well.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I just dont think its worth drafting a running back in the 1st round unless you have 4 great Olinemen to start already because all 4 spots are more important. Basically if the Ravens open up with OLine, Pass Rush (can never have too many), TE (really need some young blood though thats long term), or even another corner because lets be honest they are dropping like flies, then its a worthwhile pick.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
No one is talking QB?

I'm generally pretty impressed by Josh Allen. Unreal arm strength, makes some crazy accurate throws on the run.
Very athletic...spent a lot of time scrambling behind a rather porous line.

Comfortable under center as well as in shotgun. Needs work on touch . Tends to rocket each throw and definitely forces some.
Can't wait to watch this guy.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
All the injuries on the o-line have just made me more sure that I badly want Billy Price in the first. Stanley - Price - Jensen - Yanda - Howard sounds pretty good. He's perfectly suited for our scheme, and just an absolutely monster at run blocking.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
All the injuries on the o-line have just made me more sure that I badly want Billy Price in the first. Stanley - Price - Jensen - Yanda - Howard sounds pretty good. He's perfectly suited for our scheme, and just an absolutely monster at run blocking.
If we're talking OG I'd take Quenton Nelson in a heartbeat. He's so damn good. And he already has a relationship on the left side with Ronney.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
No one is talking QB?

I'm generally pretty impressed by Josh Allen. Unreal arm strength, makes some crazy accurate throws on the run.
Very athletic...spent a lot of time scrambling behind a rather porous line.

Comfortable under center as well as in shotgun. Needs work on touch . Tends to rocket each throw and definitely forces some.
Can't wait to watch this guy.
I'm going to guess Josh Allen doesn't make it out of the top 8. I think we're going to see another 2005.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm going to guess Josh Allen doesn't make it out of the top 8. I think we're going to see another 2005.
I'm sure you're right. Could be the top two.

However, if we are in the "unfortunate"position of picking top eight or so, I would consider giving picks up to get a quarterback in next year's draft, assuming of course I was convinced by him.

Way too early for me to say if he's that guy but I like what I've seen thus far.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I'm sure you're right. Could be the top two.

However, if we are in the "unfortunate"position of picking top eight or so, I would consider giving picks up to get a quarterback in next year's draft, assuming of course I was convinced by him.

Way too early for me to say if he's that guy but I like what I've seen thus far.
Unless Joe like completely flounders, I can't say I'd be a fan of selling the house for a quarterback. The team is getting more and more complete and competitive.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
i think we could legit see 5 first round qbs: sam darnold, josh allen, josh rosen, mason rudolph, lamar jackson, luke falk i think all have a chance to go (with falk's being the weakest chance) - and tbh id be surprised if the top 3-4 of them at this rate make it out of the top 10

i really like watching josh rosen play though - he feels like he has so much poise already and obviously sam darnold is a phenomenal prospect

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
i think we could legit see 5 first round qbs: sam darnold, josh allen, josh rosen, mason rudolph, lamar jackson, luke falk i think all have a chance to go (with falk's being the weakest chance) - and tbh id be surprised if the top 3-4 of them at this rate make it out of the top 10

i really like watching josh rosen play though - he feels like he has so much poise already and obviously sam darnold is a phenomenal prospect
Lamar Jackson is a polarizing prospect in the draft community because he's short and he's very slight. People think he'll have to change positions to actually be successful.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
potentially but a lot of OSU fans would suggest he's not what urban meyer says he is - but if he performs well this year he suddenly catapults his way a long way up draft boards
I agree with Jacq on this one. I don't think he's going to be an amazing NFL quarterback, but we've seen players like Tyrod play well. Let it be known I'm a VT alumni and not an OSU fan, so I can't say they're totally similar, but athletic quarterbacks with good arms.

I don't think Jackson will be good in the NFL.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Unless Joe like completely flounders, I can't say I'd be a fan of selling the house for a quarterback. The team is getting more and more complete and competitive.
If we're picking that high and fall in love with a quarterback, I'm of the opinion we simply HAVE to make it happen.
The cost of the farm is the issue, clearly, but there are ways to make up for future picks surrendered.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
If we're picking that high and fall in love with a quarterback, I'm of the opinion we simply HAVE to make it happen.
The cost of the farm is the issue, clearly, but there are ways to make up for future picks surrendered.
If the Ravens are sitting at like 7 or 8, yeah, I'm all for it.

If the Ravens are at 28, I'm not.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
i wouldnt mind taking a qb next year if it all goes to pot because even then they wouldn't have to play - the idea would be that we'd have a legitimate good backup if joe went down and/or towards the end of the rookie's contract we could get a bounty of draft picks from another team a la the patriots and jimmy g if they'd sold

that being said - i wouldnt want to give up any picks to get them - it would have to be a pure BPA situation where the qb falls to us and there isnt a better player on the board - however i could see a 2nd/3rd round pickup if the right guy falls to develop behind joe especially if the qb class next year is as deep as it is top heavy...