• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

(Never) Too Early Prospect Watch

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
i know we logically should address the offense in this draft, but if there is one spot id call a question mark at this point, its the 5T. i like wormley better at 3T, urban doesnt magically stop being an injury concern because of one healthy year and is still a question of talent/consistency, kaufusi im just not too big on, the upside is real but i consider him a longshot at actually realizing the potential, hes been out of football a year and was never in the best shape to begin with and plays weaker than youd expect.

so that leads me to this... bradley chubb. watched him for the first time and holy hell, this boy looks like a monster 5T in our system. i shouldnt be asking for another DL in this draft but goddamn id like to see him with the front we currently have. there would officially be no way to stop us.
I honestly really like Wormley at the 5. I think we need a true 3 tech than a 5. Wormley is a prototype for the 5 in my eyes. If we do draft defense round 1 it will be Pass rusher, 3T, or safety. All 3 have a good amount of players who could be 1st round picks

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I honestly really like Wormley at the 5. I think we need a true 3 tech than a 5. Wormley is a prototype for the 5 in my eyes. If we do draft defense round 1 it will be Pass rusher, 3T, or safety. All 3 have a good amount of players who could be 1st round picks
I like his film when he's working through traffic more than on the edge. I'm sure he could anchor just fine at the 5 but I don't really see the natural talent to threaten the edge when needed. If he can build up enough strength he can be a poor mans Cameron heyward, which I'd be fine with, but idk if he can, as big as he is he just doesn't play as strong as you would expect.

And to be clear I think wormley is a clear 3/5 hybrid kind of guy, I just like his inside game better than his edge game

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Which S prospect would you recommend for us? I assume Derwin will be long gone when we pick, and I haven't seen any other that can play the FS position (only SS).

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Which S prospect would you recommend for us? I assume Derwin will be long gone when we pick, and I haven't seen any other that can play the FS position (only SS).
Theres a lot. Not many guys with a lot of upside at fs though. I think Fitzpatrick has the best range. But afterbDerwin and minkah i really like the following:

Ronnie Harrison is like a Cam chancelor clone
Quin Blanding is vastly underrated
Marcus allen is a tackling machine

The later 2 are more likely 2nd round picks but their draft stock could rise next year

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Yeah but I'd qualify all the above as SS, I was looking for guys who could fill in for Weddle when he retires. Doesn't seem lile the good class to get one...

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah but I'd qualify all the above as SS, I was looking for guys who could fill in for Weddle when he retires. Doesn't seem lile the good class to get one...
Well idk cause Quin Blanding can cover a lot of ground. We need an interchangable safety. Like Weddle and Jefferson. I think Blanding can be that guy

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
i know we logically should address the offense in this draft, but if there is one spot id call a question mark at this point, its the 5T. i like wormley better at 3T, urban doesnt magically stop being an injury concern because of one healthy year and is still a question of talent/consistency, kaufusi im just not too big on, the upside is real but i consider him a longshot at actually realizing the potential, hes been out of football a year and was never in the best shape to begin with and plays weaker than youd expect.

so that leads me to this... bradley chubb. watched him for the first time and holy hell, this boy looks like a monster 5T in our system. i shouldnt be asking for another DL in this draft but goddamn id like to see him with the front we currently have. there would officially be no way to stop us.

Well, it ain't an official Ravens draft until Ozzie drafts a DL. You should be fine.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I think it's odd that Fitzpatrick sees himself at S over CB. He's got elite ball skills at CB and the ability to play it at a high level.

I suppose that gives him the upside to play FS and cover when needed.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think it's odd that Fitzpatrick sees himself at S over CB. He's got elite ball skills at CB and the ability to play it at a high level.

I suppose that gives him the upside to play FS and cover when needed.
I agree. This was the same question regarding Jalen Ramsey. However Mincah has much better hip fluidity. Hes more smooth of an athlete than Ramsey was comming out

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Well idk cause Quin Blanding can cover a lot of ground. We need an interchangable safety. Like Weddle and Jefferson. I think Blanding can be that guy
It's true Blanding has great range but I question his pass defense, which is what I'd be looking for since Jefferson is a great run defender already.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I agree. This was the same question regarding Jalen Ramsey. However Mincah has much better hip fluidity. Hes more smooth of an athlete than Ramsey was comming out
Always saw Ramsey as a better SS than anything, I'm still kinda mad at him for moving to cb, I think he's really hurting his potential to be a splash impact player. At SS he has the talent to affect almost every single snap, at cb he's just gonna be schemed around. Can't avoid a guy who brings it from every angle

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I don't really know what it is that people love anout Malik Jefferson...
I'm taking Jerome Baker before him every day of the week.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Well, it ain't an official Ravens draft until Ozzie drafts a DL. You should be fine.
As it stands right now, I'd prefer mcglinchey, Nelson, or Barkley, but Chubb and Wilkins are up there on my tier 2 list.
I don't really know what it is that people love anout Malik Jefferson...
I'm taking Jerome Baker before him every day of the week.
instinctive and explosive playmaker, I don't see what's not to like tbh. He is the most noticeable guy on the field seemingly every week, it feels like he is in on every tackle and is always making a big play.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
As it stands right now, I'd prefer mcglinchey, Nelson, or Barkley, but Chubb and Wilkins are up there on my tier 2 list.
instinctive and explosive playmaker, I don't see what's not to like tbh. He is the most noticeable guy on the field seemingly every week, it feels like he is in on every tackle and is always making a big play.
I watched two games and he was lost on so many plays! Had trouble locating the ball at times, got caught in traffic, was slow diagnosing the play... The best plays he made were basically unblocked. I'll give it to him that he showed nice ability to get off blocks and he's hard hitter, but man for a first round prospect he is just way too inconsistent. Watching Jerome Baker after that and he really is always around the ball, it's like night and day.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I watched two games and he was lost on so many plays! Had trouble locating the ball at times, got caught in traffic, was slow diagnosing the play... The best plays he made were basically unblocked. I'll give it to him that he showed nice ability to get off blocks and he's hard hitter, but man for a first round prospect he is just way too inconsistent. Watching Jerome Baker after that and he really is always around the ball, it's like night and day.
He's a smaller speedy kind of guy and that happens, tyus bowser had a fair bit of that on tape too until he got in space. I'll be honest I haven't watched but one game of his, all the other times i was watching Barnett and saw him jumping off the film, so maybe I'll notice the shortcomings more the more I watch him, but what I've seen so far he looks like a natural playmaker

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
He's a smaller speedy kind of guy and that happens, tyus bowser had a fair bit of that on tape too until he got in space. I'll be honest I haven't watched but one game of his, all the other times i was watching Barnett and saw him jumping off the film, so maybe I'll notice the shortcomings more the more I watch him, but what I've seen so far he looks like a natural playmaker
Then again Bowser is much more of a physical specimin. Jefferson might only be 6'0 230. Hes fast and all but i dont like him as a 3-4 linebacker. I see him fit more of a 4-3. He cant get off blocks very well and the only thing hes really good at is backside chasedowns. He cant really hold his own inside and that scares me. Sure hes flashy on the tv screen but he still has a lot of flaws in his game. Id prefer Mincah Kiser every day of the week

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Then again Bowser is much more of a physical specimin. Jefferson might only be 6'0 230. Hes fast and all but i dont like him as a 3-4 linebacker. I see him fit more of a 4-3. He cant get off blocks very well and the only thing hes really good at is backside chasedowns. He cant really hold his own inside and that scares me. Sure hes flashy on the tv screen but he still has a lot of flaws in his game. Id prefer Mincah Kiser every day of the week
Jefferson is actually around the 6'3 240.