• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 7 New Orleans Saints vs. Baltimore Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Hold on hold on Filmstudy thinks Marlon IS GOING TO BE INACTIVE IM SORRY WTF THATS NOT OKAY
And this my friends is why we have no fucking business letting jimmy or Carr go after this year. Even if Marlon plays every snap today.

As ravens fans, we know better than maybe any team in the league, you can never have too many quality dbs

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
And this my friends is why we have no fucking business letting jimmy or Carr go after this year. Even if Marlon plays every snap today.

As ravens fans, we know better than maybe any team in the league, you can never have too many quality dbs
Which is why we recently drafted Averett and will likely draft another DB int he upcoming year. We should let Carr go for that reason.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Which is why we recently drafted Averett and will likely draft another DB int he upcoming year. We should let Carr go for that reason.
We aren’t there yet. Averett still has to prove himself and that db still has to be added.

Averett was excellent in college and looked damn solid in preseason, but Humphrey has been one of the better corners in the league in his short time, and jimmy would have multiple pro bowls if he would stop getting injured late every season.

If jimmy is gone and Humphrey is down, you want averett and whatever rookie as our top 2?

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
We aren’t there yet. Averett still has to prove himself and that db still has to be added.

Averett was excellent in college and looked damn solid in preseason, but Humphrey has been one of the better corners in the league in his short time, and jimmy would have multiple pro bowls if he would stop getting injured late every season.

If jimmy is gone and Humphrey is down, you want averett and whatever rookie as our top 2?
You're operating off of an extreme scenario. Jimmy is worth every penny, and while Carr has been solid, he's also just as likely to fall off of a cliff. Would you really sacrifice the oline money or CJ mosley for Carr? Especially when good corners honestly grow on trees and you can get them in mostly any round? Rookie corners playing at a good level from the get go is honestly not as rare as it used to be. You're also getting Tavon Young, and he is a good corner on the outside. Corner, like the the dline and the oline, is a position you should be drafting at least one of every offseason for that reason.

Letting Carr go makes a ton of sense. Jimmy is only sensical from the money perspective but I doubt we let him go if we make the postseason

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Lmao mariota is fucking horrible. Ignoring the tip at the line, that was a terrible decision to throw because the db had tight coverage, the throw was going to be wayyy behind and likely picked, and goddamn he just shouldn’t have even considered that throw

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lmao mariota is fucking horrible. Ignoring the tip at the line, that was a terrible decision to throw because the db had tight coverage, the throw was going to be wayyy behind and likely picked, and goddamn he just shouldn’t have even considered that throw
Nothing new here. He bad

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
You're operating off of an extreme scenario. Jimmy is worth every penny, and while Carr has been solid, he's also just as likely to fall off of a cliff. Would you really sacrifice the oline money or CJ mosley for Carr? Especially when good corners honestly grow on trees and you can get them in mostly any round? Rookie corners playing at a good level from the get go is honestly not as rare as it used to be. You're also getting Tavon Young, and he is a good corner on the outside. Corner, like the the dline and the oline, is a position you should be drafting at least one of every offseason for that reason.

Letting Carr go makes a ton of sense. Jimmy is only sensical from the money perspective but I doubt we let him go if we make the postseason
People are talking about getting rid of jimmy and I’m 100% against it, and retaining Carr shouldn’t prevent us from retaining Mosley, and I’m not so sure we’re looking to spend on the OL anyway. I think Harbaugh for some reason is satisfied with the guys we have and unless we draft some guys I think they’re ok with this moving forward, not that I agree..

And that’s not an extreme scenario either, your top corner getting hurt? Evidence has shown that it’s not an extreme scenario at all lol. It’s only happened basically every year for us dating back to Webb

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
The thing is the only Ravens FA they will probably resign is Mosley, the reason they need cap space is for the next 2 offseasons after that because those deals are going to be big for a lot of players.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The thing is the only Ravens FA they will probably resign is Mosley, the reason they need cap space is for the next 2 offseasons after that because those deals are going to be big for a lot of players.

but that's less important because of the increasing cap flexibility we have moving forwards over the next 2-3 seasons - our 2 biggest contracts on the roster suddenly become cuttable which allows us to make decisions

add into that the new CBA in 2020 and its not a nightmare

I can’t see them letting Suggs walk. Also the cap will probably explode after the next CBA.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
but that's less important because of the increasing cap flexibility we have moving forwards over the next 2-3 seasons - our 2 biggest contracts on the roster suddenly become cuttable which allows us to make decisions

add into that the new CBA in 2020 and its not a nightmare

I think its rather unlikely Flacco is cut after this season. I do not think saving 10M is worth losing the starting QB who seems to have had a career resurgence. Actually its that exact reason I do not think he will be traded either.

I could see Jimmy and Yanda getting extended (with hopefully making the bigger cap hits on those deals early), and then resign Mosley and maybe Suggs if he has one more year in the tank.

The real year to talk about Flacco being cut is the next offseason where its a 20m savings, but I personally would pay 10M this year for Flacco to start over Lamar, heck I would take that deal even if they expected Lamar to take the job during the 2019 regular season because while 10M for a backup is on the high end its still worth it considering it would be his first starting season and running QBs are more prone to injury.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
ummm - we'd want to backload the deal for when the CBA likely makes the salary cap huge

The benefit of frontloading it though is that next offseason there is Judon, Pierce, Stanley, and Young who will command real money. Follow that up with the possibility of signing Henry, Moore, Canady, and Lewis and there are a lot of decisions that need to be made next offseason and the more money there is the more that the band can be kept together (the year after is even worse).

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The benefit of frontloading it though is that next offseason there is Judon, Pierce, Stanley, and Young who will command real money. Follow that up with the possibility of signing Henry, Moore, Canady, and Lewis and there are a lot of decisions that need to be made next offseason and the more money there is the more that the band can be kept together (the year after is even worse).

that makes it even more important to backload the deal - that way we can retain more of those guys over the short-term because their early year cap hits will be lower...

and then the bigger hits will come in when the new CBA hits...

frontloading it seems crazy to me

Status
Not open for further replies.