• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 7 New Orleans Saints vs. Baltimore Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
that makes it even more important to backload the deal - that way we can retain more of those guys over the short-term because their early year cap hits will be lower...

and then the bigger hits will come in when the new CBA hits...

frontloading it seems crazy to me

When I say frontload I mean use the cap space in this offseason to eat a big chunk of Mosley's contract, possibly Brown, and extend Jimmy and Yanda having the bulk of that cap hit being in 2019 and that is ideally where the bulk of the 32M is cap space this offseason would go. that way there will be plenty of room in 2020 and beyond because with the increase in cap space contracts are going to also balloon up as well.

The only reason the Ravens have been backloading contracts is because of how bad some of the more recent contract extensions have been and that is still hurting the Ravens even now, but with this offseason they can finally start paying players more up front and leaving bigger caps for the future.

Edit: I am predicating this on no amazing interior OLine players being signable in FA (or a stud FS) because if they are then you are 100% right about what would need to happen.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
In short. With Marlon hurt and Jimmy still coming back, I think Thomas is going to eat us alive unless Jimmy is now back in full game shape. The Saints have a very good interior oline even if they lose one of their guys, and while we do have good interior pass rushers, we aren't going to stop Brees. The Saints defense is also starting to come along and I feel as if our offense might be outmatched. Lattimore might take Brown out of the game and they don't have scurbs either.

i could be wrong, but this could be a very ugly game for us.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
In short. With Marlon hurt and Jimmy still coming back, I think Thomas is going to eat us alive unless Jimmy is now back in full game shape. The Saints have a very good interior oline even if they lose one of their guys, and while we do have good interior pass rushers, we aren't going to stop Brees. The Saints defense is also starting to come along and I feel as if our offense might be outmatched. Lattimore might take Brown out of the game and they don't have scurbs either.

i could be wrong, but this could be a very ugly game for us.
Szn ovr

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
So since I won't be able to watch the game.... I'll give you a rundown

@allblackraven *complains about nickelback*
@JoeyFlex5 "I can't believe the Saints scored a TD. We are an absolute joke of a franchise and the laughing stock of the entire league" *A few moments later*... "Oh wait, we are fine"
Certain members will only show up if we lose
@DeVito52 OUR SEASON IS OVER AND YOU ARE STILL A VIRGIN
@Militant X 1 "damn... Damn damn damn. Same old Ravens...
@Tank *Flacco screws up*" "Flacco is absolved from any blame automatically"

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I don't care how ugly the game is, JUST FUCKING WIN! We gotta keep up with the Bengals, Chargers, and Dolphins (assuming they make the comeback against DET).

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Maybe Bozeman and Zeus do really well and we find our long term starting lineup?

Maybe having Zeus prompts Marty to use more TEs

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Maybe Bozeman and Zeus do really well and we find our long term starting lineup?

Maybe having Zeus prompts Marty to use more TEs
I'm not as worried about losing Hurst and Lewis for the reasons that I think Zues should have been starting from day one. I've always liked Bozeman and I think he should be a massive improvement in the run game. Though both could be issues in pass blocking. I worry about them going up against Jordan and Rankins.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I also think y’all see the saints in too bright a light. They are a good team, they are not some unstoppable juggernaut. They’re an offensively potent dome team with a suspect and overrated defense(they have some great key players, but as an overall unit they’re average at best) and they’ve played a schedule even softer than us.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I'm not as worried about losing Hurst and Lewis for the reasons that I think Zues should have been starting from day one. I've always liked Bozeman and I think he should be a massive improvement in the run game. Though both could be issues in pass blocking. I worry about them going up against Jordan and Rankins.
I don’t worry too much about Zeus vs Jordan, but Bozeman can rankins is a definite concern, but I would’ve been concerned about anyone not named yanda vs rankins. Jordan is a long and physical guy, something Zeus does very well, he’s no slouch with the get off but he’s not flying off the ball like a scud missile, and as long as that’s the case I’ll hold out hope for Zeus.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
So since I won't be able to watch the game.... I'll give you a rundown

@allblackraven *complains about nickelback*
@JoeyFlex5 "I can't believe the Saints scored a TD. We are an absolute joke of a franchise and the laughing stock of the entire league" *A few moments later*... "Oh wait, we are fine"
Certain members will only show up if we lose
@DeVito52 OUR SEASON IS OVER AND YOU ARE STILL A VIRGIN
@Militant X 1 "damn... Damn damn damn. Same old Ravens...
@Tank *Flacco screws up*" "Flacco is absolved from any blame automatically"

Worst case has happened tonight im afraid:

No Humphrey
No Hurst
No Lewis
No Averett

Yeah.

Fuck nickelback.

Internet doctors are right.

I still think we win.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I also think y’all see the saints in too bright a light. They are a good team, they are not some unstoppable juggernaut. They’re an offensively potent dome team with a suspect and overrated defense(they have some great key players, but as an overall unit they’re average at best) and they’ve played a schedule even softer than us.
Unless Jimmy magically is back in game shape by now, and he's fully 100% post an achilles, then I see Thomas ripping us apart. I don't like Carr vs. Meredith either. Them losing Ginn is a massive advantage. But I don't want either Tavon Young or Carr vs. Thomas. Add in Kamara and Benjamin Watson over the middle... Yeah. Defense might be screwed without Marlon

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Yea I doubt we are winning today. Hopefully not too badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.