• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the Bad, and The Wind

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Okay.. The thing is that we actually looked good.... Then the stupid wind cost us that extra point.

I'm not even upset. More astonished. We looked pretty good today on both sides of the ball and both rookie offensive linemen look like they should be starting at some point.

The Bad: Marty got too cute. Jimmy Smith needs to get back into game shape or else he's gone.

The Ugly: Stupid wind.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I knew that miss was coming, I swear when he lined up and the announcer said it, I thought to myself he’s gonna fucking miss.

I thought we should’ve went for 2 because of the wind as soon as we scored but I figured ehh play it smart. Guess it wasn’t too smart.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Tucker didn't cost us the game. At some point hes going to miss one and he made so many clutch kicks and over 50 yards fgs. Can't discredit that. However we should've gone for 2.Brees was one fire didn't want to see him again in ot.
Paytons play calling was on point and they were rewarded with the w for being aggressive all game.
More andrews pls Hurst needs more time before he can be trusted in clutch moments.
Got gashed up the middle everytime when we lined up zadarius over the guard.
Also ugly couldn't stop Taysom Hill

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Tucker should have made that, but honestly we had chances to increase our lead and messed up a few times, in part because of play calling. We choked away this game, and it wasn't just Tucker.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Good : The D held up reasonably well against an elite QB
The Bad : Our offensive playcalling got too conservative .
The Ugly : Jimmy Smith , two PI’s and looked lost at times .

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I knew that miss was coming, I swear when he lined up and the announcer said it, I thought to myself he’s gonna fucking miss.

I thought we should’ve went for 2 because of the wind as soon as we scored but I figured ehh play it smart. Guess it wasn’t too smart.
I was wondering whether he was going to miss a fg, but thought he’d still nail the PAT. That being said, I can’t get upset at Tucker, even after this miss.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Going 3 and out when brees started to catch fire I think was the biggest culprit. We needed to march, burn clock, and score, and instead we ran a stretch for a loss, an ugly incomplete, and an ugly sack. That and the miracle missed sack are the 2 plays that it really boils down to.

Marty and Jimmy can get dumped in the off-season. One is overpayed the other has been here 2 seasons too long. Get the fuck out of here those stretch runs that do absolutely nothing.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
it's frustrating not to get the win there when we had everything in place for a big win... but with 2 starting OL out and our (i guess now he really is) number 1 corner also out we managed to look like the better team vs that saints offence

i know we conceded 2 4th quarter tds but this defence is legit - that team is by far the most dangerous we've played against and we should have won

so it's frustrating but ultimately i think it should prove to us all that we should expect to win every game left on our schedule

chiefs and chargers are the only teams we face that are at a similar level to the saints

obviously its gutting to lose and especially in those circumstances but the way this game played out gives me great confidence in the remaining games on our schedule

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I was wondering whether he was going to miss a fg, but thought he’d still nail the PAT. That being said, I can’t get upset at Tucker, even after this miss.
Me either. Tucker has been an absolute weapon and this happened because he wind ripped through when the ball was halfway to the uprights and took it right off course. That was gods way of saying fuck you ravens.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I'm sad. I know we played a good team, but I feel like we had this one.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
it's frustrating not to get the win there when we had everything in place for a big win... but with 2 starting OL out and our (i guess now he really is) number 1 corner also out we managed to look like the better team vs that saints offence

i know we conceded 2 4th quarter tds but this defence is legit - that team is by far the most dangerous we've played against and we should have won

so it's frustrating but ultimately i think it should prove to us all that we should expect to win every game left on our schedule

chiefs and chargers are the only teams we face that are at a similar level to the saints

obviously its gutting to lose and especially in those circumstances but the way this game played out gives me great confidence in the remaining games on our schedule
Agreed. We should beat the Panthers. Chiefs and Chargers do scare me especially since both seem to heat up in December. But I think we win the next three. This may have been a loss, but we lost due to bullshit circumstances. We looked every bit the part of a playoff team. I am not upset at all.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Okay.. The thing is that we actually looked good.... Then the stupid wind cost us that extra point.

I'm not even upset. More astonished. We looked pretty good today on both sides of the ball and both rookie offensive linemen look like they should be starting at some point.

The Bad: Marty got too cute. Jimmy Smith needs to get back into game shape or else he's gone.

The Ugly: Stupid wind.
I’d like to think it was the wind but the tape on the uprights was pretty much dead still. Tuck just missed one, his first one and it just happened to come at the wrong time.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Every single person who was pissed off at crab should be pissed at tucker. No player is absolved from hate.

The wind wasn’t even blowing look at the damn goal posts.

Obviously we should’ve played better not been in that position blah blah but it’s a freaking extra point. Make. It.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
Im honestly not that upset about this loss. Putting up such a fight against one of the best teams in the league coming off a bye week is impressive no matter what anybody says. Drew Brees is a HOFer and he definitely played like it in that second half.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

I wanna feel the same, but at the same time I look at a key moment and how badly we squandered it. We’re at home, playing GREAT on both sides, we need to burn clock and put some points up as the saints offense was getting hot, and we go 3 and out. That series of events is just not something that a contender does. If we’re on the road it’s understandable, but I can’t excuse that at home, that was, IMO, the biggest backbreaker, and really just a bad sign. It’s just something that real contenders do, and really I blame that series on Marty.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Me either. Tucker has been an absolute weapon and this happened because he wind ripped through when the ball was halfway to the uprights and took it right off course. That was gods way of saying fuck you ravens.
God is a saints fan

Tough loss, we fought hard considering the Saints were coming off a bye. I don’t think anyone is going to shame us for losing, if we beat Carolina we’ll be in a really good position.