• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the Bad, and The Wind

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I know that Brees is really accurate (because he doesn’t take chances, sorry) and I’m not really specifically talking about this game but WHERE ARE OUR DAMN TURNOVERS THAT WE LIVED OFF OF LAST YEAR

I genuinely think we win the next three. Steelers still have no defense, Bengals are starting to fall apart, and if they lose to KC that could be the beginning of the end for them, and Carolina has no oline, secondary, running game, and a vastly overrated OC and receiving corps.
A Bengals loss today puts us in a good spot. We have to make sure we go 3-1 against the South or at least 2-2. This was an NFC loss which is means it’s not the end of the world

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Trade for Patrick Peterson
let CJ mosely know that he can make a play that turns the game around if he wants to.
I'd rather trade for oline help but Pat Pete would be awesome.
Marty stopped calling runs at wrong time. On two stalled drives he stopped calling them and 3 plays later we had to punt.
The WR sweeps did work both times and Collins made some great cuts. But MM always abandons the run at particularly unfortunate moments

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Every single person who was pissed off at crab should be pissed at tucker. No player is absolved from hate.

The wind wasn’t even blowing look at the damn goal posts.

Obviously we should’ve played better not been in that position blah blah but it’s a freaking extra point. Make. It.
I agree, very much.

People want to jump down Jimmy's throat for having an off game against arguably a top 3 QB-WR duo in the NFL. People want to jump down Crabtree's throat when he drops a pass because "it hit him in the hands."

However, people will give a free pass to Tucker for missing an extra point, a kick he's expected to make.

Am I mad at Tucker? No because how did the Ravens give up 17 unanswered points? However, am I mad at the double standard? Absolutely.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Which is the freaking reason Tucker needs to shoulder some blame because he NEVER misses extra points. There was minimal wind during the last kick. No excuses. Sorry.
Never said he doesn’t shoulder any blame, he missed the extra point of course he fucking shoulders blame lol, I’m saying that I’m not gonna go calling for his head, I wasn’t calling for crabs head either, just saying that he may need to see the bench for a week and hit the jugs machine if he’s gonna keep dropping them, and I didn’t say this because of one game, I said it because he had done it all year, but he got his shit together the very next week so there was no need for the bench.

I won’t even consider saying anything close to that regarding tucker because tucker has been the most rock solid dependable consistent player pound for pound in the entire league for 6 years now.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I know that Brees is really accurate (because he doesn’t take chances, sorry) and I’m not really specifically talking about this game but WHERE ARE OUR DAMN TURNOVERS THAT WE LIVED OFF OF LAST YEAR
Matt Moore, Tom savage, deshon Kiser. Our turnovers went to the bench. 0 turnovers forced against the bengals, the only one vs the Steelers the game was essentially over, and vs the saints we get a fumble recovery on 4th down so irrelevant... we’re much better at stopping but we need turnovers bas

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Every single person who was pissed off at crab should be pissed at tucker. No player is absolved from hate.

The wind wasn’t even blowing look at the damn goal posts.

Obviously we should’ve played better not been in that position blah blah but it’s a freaking extra point. Make. It.
Not even close to the same thing. Tucker has won us so many games and made so many fgs. This doesn’t even compare and I wasn’t one of the ones that hated Crabtree. I knew he had to work on it and he did man up. Tucker doesn’t have n issue and he isn’t in a slump.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

turnovers are a year to year changeable proposition because of how much luck is involved in them occurring - the better you are the more likely they are but luck still plays a large role which is why turnovers are not a steady year-year statistic no matter the state of a defence

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
A Bengals loss today puts us in a good spot. We have to make sure we go 3-1 against the South or at least 2-2. This was an NFC loss which is means it’s not the end of the world
Correct. I had us losing this game, but thought it would be close. We proved that we can hang with the best of them and the Saints are a Sb favorite. People who don’t see that we could be in for a run if we make it to the playoffs are blind.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Never said he doesn’t shoulder any blame, he missed the extra point of course he fucking shoulders blame lol, I’m saying that I’m not gonna go calling for his head, I wasn’t calling for crabs head either, just saying that he may need to see the bench for a week and hit the jugs machine if he’s gonna keep dropping them, and I didn’t say this because of one game, I said it because he had done it all year, but he got his shit together the very next week so there was no need for the bench.

I won’t even consider saying anything close to that regarding tucker because tucker has been the most rock solid dependable consistent player pound for pound in the entire league for 6 years now.
Hell no of course no one is calling for his head or anything. Just because he missed one extra point doesn’t make him or bad kicker. It just means he picked a really bad freaking time to miss an extra point. Nothing to be done about it now.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I wanna feel the same, but at the same time I look at a key moment and how badly we squandered it. We’re at home, playing GREAT on both sides, we need to burn clock and put some points up as the saints offense was getting hot, and we go 3 and out. That series of events is just not something that a contender does. If we’re on the road it’s understandable, but I can’t excuse that at home, that was, IMO, the biggest backbreaker, and really just a bad sign. It’s just something that real contenders do, and really I blame that series on Marty.
The play calling, especially when we have the lead is inexplicably conservative and unimaginative. It’s like they start playing not to lose. I mean if your going to lose at least do it trying to win.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Even Jordan and Kobe missed clutch shots. Brady and Montana have had failed fourth quarter comebacks. Tucker was bound to do this at least once. I'm not worried for him in the long run. Just onto the next week.

Also, this is the most talented team we've had since 2008 from top to bottom. Yes, I went there. Bozeman and Brown need to start.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not even close to the same thing. Tucker has won us so many games and made so many fgs. This doesn’t even compare and I wasn’t one of the ones that hated Crabtree. I knew he had to work on it and he did man up. Tucker doesn’t have n issue and he isn’t in a slump.
It is the same freaking thing what are you talking about? Who said he’s in a slump? No one. I didn’t mention Crabtree’s slump either.

I’m talking about ONE play.

Everyone was pissed about his dropped touchdown. Everyone blamed him for it.

Justin tucker misses an extra point, he gets a free pass.

It’s absolutely the same thing.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The play calling, especially when we have the lead is inexplicably conservative and unimaginative. It’s like they start playing not to lose. I mean if your going to lose at least do it trying to win.

I do agree they got a little conservative with the 10 point lead. Marty needed to keep his foot on the gas.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Is Slash hammer still active? I think we need to contact his gym buddies to get Jimmy some PEDs

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Even Jordan and Kobe missed clutch shots. Brady and Montana have had failed fourth quarter comebacks. Tucker was bound to do this at least once. I'm not worried for him in the long run. Just onto the next week.

Also, this is the most talented team we've had since 2008 from top to bottom. Yes, I went there. Bozeman and Brown need to start.
This isn’t really directed toward you but I’m sorry where the fuck is this coming from about people being worried about him in the long run?

We can’t just blame him for one miss and move on? It has nothing to do with the future nor the past. He’s not in a slump. No one said he was. No one is perfect. But that doesn’t mean he can’t shoulder the blame for ONE miss. Jesus.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It is the same freaking thing what are you talking about? Who said he’s in a slump? No one. I didn’t mention Crabtree’s slump either.

that's naive
everyone was pissed with crabtree because he dropped multiple passes and led the league in drops AND THEN dropped the game-winner
tucker's never missed an xp and his only missed field goals the last 2 years have been blocks which is why very few people are pissed - there's a huge difference

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer

Obviously none of us are happy, but we're not going into rage mode because of how absolutely flukeish it is. We played a really good game and lost on a fluke. It's more that we are in awe than furious. You're entitled to your opinion but we aren't mad at him. It's his fault, sure, but it's not something worth being pissed over.