• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the Bad, and The Wind

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The Good:
  • 2 minute drills in both halves which is not something we'd traditionally associate with this ravens offence of late
  • the number of 3rd down stops we got (no way any other coach and team go for that many 4th downs against us)
  • our defence is awesome - need to see even more timmy williams though
The Bad:
  • stretch run plays, pitch plays
  • a mixture of unideal throws/drops (i.e. catchable balls that should have been thrown better but both the qb and receivers are culpable)
  • the defence is susceptible to teams that snap the ball quickly after breaking the huddle (not sure how you defend it tbh)
The Ugly:
  • special teams still (not even talking about the missed xp - that's just a freak occurrence)
  • my emotions in that last few minutes
  • i mentioned it in the bad but we really need to take out those constant stretch run plays - they should not be the bread and butter of our running game

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Every single person who was pissed off at crab should be pissed at tucker. No player is absolved from hate.

The wind wasn’t even blowing look at the damn goal posts.

Obviously we should’ve played better not been in that position blah blah but it’s a freaking extra point. Make. It.

and yet somehow the ball moved from the middle of the posts to wide right in a bizarre manner
im not even sure how it happened

and from tucker's face im not sure he really knows how it happened

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Tough loss, we fought hard considering the Saints were coming off a bye. I don’t think anyone is going to shame us for losing, if we beat Carolina we’ll be in a really good position.
I genuinely think we win the next three. Steelers still have no defense, Bengals are starting to fall apart, and if they lose to KC that could be the beginning of the end for them, and Carolina has no oline, secondary, running game, and a vastly overrated OC and receiving corps.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Every single person who was pissed off at crab should be pissed at tucker. No player is absolved from hate.

Obviously we should’ve played better not been in that position blah blah but it’s a freaking extra point. Make. It.
Agree.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Agreed. We should beat the Panthers. Chiefs and Chargers do scare me especially since both seem to heat up in December. But I think we win the next three. This may have been a loss, but we lost due to bullshit circumstances. We looked every bit the part of a playoff team. I am not upset at all.
You think KC heats up in the winter?

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
and yet somehow the ball moved from the middle of the posts to wide right in a bizarre manner
im not even sure how it happened

and from tucker's face im not sure he really knows how it happened
Tucker’s face was really bizarre. He was like w.....t.....f....just.....happened. To think Lutz was like a foot from missing his fg....damn it

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Fuck Harbaugh for wasting challenges. 10 up and it would have been a stop in their territory on either of the two non-calls on the same drive.
Couldn’t agree more. I have no idea why we blew those challenges early. That was a huge mistake

arnie_uk

Veteran
Going 3 and out when brees started to catch fire I think was the biggest culprit. We needed to march, burn clock, and score, and instead we ran a stretch for a loss, an ugly incomplete, and an ugly sack. That and the miracle missed sack are the 2 plays that it really boils down to.
I said in the game thread on rsr the game was over when marty called the toss on first down of that 3 and out drive after the saints 1st 4th qtr td.

Marty was awful today

Reactions: cdp

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Except there’s a difference.

Tucker might go down as the greatest kicker of all time. Crabtree has an ugly history of drops and was by far the league leader when he added another game of dropping passes left and right.

He’s gotten his act together and I’m done giving him shit but I do still feel nervous when he’s bringing it in. I don’t feel nervous about tucker, and never will, unless it’s a windy day like today and the announcers are doing their goddamn fucking best to jinx him.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I said in the game thread on rsr the game was over when marty called the toss on first down of that 3 and out drive after the saints 1st 4th qtr td.

Marty was awful today
I still have a working theory that the talent around him is carrying Marty. Flacco had a few off throws today but he's not Peyton Manning and he literally made the play to put us back in. We have a ton of good players here. In the hands of an actual offensive coordinator we'd have a top flight offense.

We are not going to win a ring until he goes.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Our defense is very very good. They will keep us in every single game. We have the NFLs best defense this year.

Our offense and special teams needs to play better. We can’t play an elite offense and only put up 20.

I’m honestly not really that upset anymore so I take it back about being more pissed than after the Browns game. That still takes the cake. But I’m really really upset we didn’t even force overtime. Unbelievable timing to miss your first xp ever.

We are a really good team and absolute super bowl contenders. Like I said before this game. If we lose a close one nothing changes. They are really good, we are really good. One team has to lose. The season is still young.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Except there’s a difference.

Tucker might go down as the greatest kicker of all time. Crabtree has an ugly history of drops and was by far the league leader when he added another game of dropping passes left and right.

He’s gotten his act together and I’m done giving him shit but I do still feel nervous when he’s bringing it in. I don’t feel nervous about tucker, and never will, unless it’s a windy day like today and the announcers are doing their goddamn fucking best to jinx him.
Which is the freaking reason Tucker needs to shoulder some blame because he NEVER misses extra points. There was minimal wind during the last kick. No excuses. Sorry.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I still have a working theory that the talent around him is carrying Marty. Flacco had a few off throws today but he's not Peyton Manning and he literally made the play to put us back in. We have a ton of good players here. In the hands of an actual offensive coordinator we'd have a top flight offense.

We are not going to win a ring until he goes.
Yeah, muck farty

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Trade for Patrick Peterson
let CJ mosely know that he can make a play that turns the game around if he wants to.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Marty was awful today
I had the same feeling. In that situation, when runs between the tackles were working all day and MARTY calls a stretch there and it goes for a loss, all I can think is here goes Marty again.

Every time I see one of those series, I have the same feeling, and sadly I’m usually right, the Steelers game where we had some ugly possessions in that little time where the Steelers were heating up made me say that, but we turned it around.

And to be fair, we turned that around here too, but way too late. That series needed to end in at least 3 and burn some clock.

Ugh, it was going to eventually happen but it’s the TIMING that blows. I wish it didn’t have to happen like this.