• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the Bad, and The Wind

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Lol being in the stands means nothing. You don’t feel the crosswinds that come through the gaps between seating sections at the corners, that wind goes straight to the field
I mean, the markers on the uprights were dead vertical, so people at the game saying no wind and the markers not moving would seem to indicate that there was no wind.

Each team has a clearly exploitable weakness that we could use to kill tem. I don't see us beating all of them, but I do think we are a better team than most of them..
I got it but we've really got to stop having different parts of this team kill us at critical times. Defense went into a tailspin for a quarter and dug a hole to big to climb out (CIN). Then offense shits bed (CLE). Now special teams does the unthinkable.

I felt like today needed to be the game that atoned for our shit show in Cleveland.

So, if we play like the team we think we should be, I agree we make it through that schedule and have a fair shot at a chance to be a post-season team. Losing games in the fashion we lost today understandably breeds doubt.

Tackling that schedule you list begins with the Panthers. We need to prove that they are not as good a team as their record indicates and that we're a better team than ours does. Games like that are now becoming must win games ...

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
i wonder if part of it was him going up against a top 3 receiver who's a phenomenal and diverse route runner, who consistently defeats press (one of jimmy's best attributes/tools, who has incredible hands and focus
Everyone has to find a scapegoat.

Personally, the way I see it, Jimmy has just gone through an Achilles tear, a Lisfrank, a high ankle sprain (twice), and then had to come back from an entire month of football (a month is about when you start losing fitness). His body just seems to be finally breaking down. It's actually quite amazing that he's been able to return as quickly as he has with these injuries.

I still have high hopes that he can return to his level of play, but he's gonna have a level of distrust in his ability to run and he's not quite in football shape yet.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Also, just to add in again- I don't care that Crabtree had dropped two passes in the Browns game prior; even if he had dropped JUST the game winner, people would be calling for his head.

I don't care that Tucker made a 63 yarder against the Lions or that he's never missed inside 40 until now. I do not care how many games he's won with his leg. Fact of the matter is he missed the PAT to put the Ravens into OT. Every single kick he's made prior means nothing.

Tucker DOES NOT get a free pass. He deserves his share of blame. And honestly, was it all that surprising when he flirted with the upright earlier?

Am I mad at him? Not really. the Ravens were up 10 points and then gave up 17 points in the second half after giving up, I believe, 12 (maybe 15), points in the NFL through six games. I have bigger concerns that the offense couldn't ice it (and the offensive line absolutely crashed at the end) and bigger concerns that the defense held so incredibly strong until the fourth quarter, but I still put blame onto Tucker, and that's okay.

The way I often look at the schedule is we have to find difference making games in our direct competition - especially within the division - when looking at common opponents. Panthers have already beaten Bengals ... that game for us becomes a difference making game if we win it with respect to them. We only get so many opportunities to get them ... we need this one.

Cannot string losses together and need to "stack wins" as the saying goes. We absolutely need to start a streak next week.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Also, just to add in again- I don't care that Crabtree had dropped two passes in the Browns game prior; even if he had dropped JUST the game winner, people would be calling for his head.

I don't care that Tucker made a 63 yarder against the Lions or that he's never missed inside 40 until now. I do not care how many games he's won with his leg. Fact of the matter is he missed the PAT to put the Ravens into OT. Every single kick he's made prior means nothing.

Tucker DOES NOT get a free pass. He deserves his share of blame. And honestly, was it all that surprising when he flirted with the upright earlier?

Am I mad at him? Not really. the Ravens were up 10 points and then gave up 17 points in the second half after giving up, I believe, 12 (maybe 15), points in the NFL through six games. I have bigger concerns that the offense couldn't ice it (and the offensive line absolutely crashed at the end) and bigger concerns that the defense held so incredibly strong until the fourth quarter, but I still put blame onto Tucker, and that's okay.
Someone gets it

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
The Saints had the ball for 12 of 15 minutes in the fourth quarter. The offense had 3 drives. 3 drives, 3 minutes. The offense needs to get their crap together.

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
Had a great time at the game. Up until the end of course. Sucks what happened but if we go into the bye 6-3, we should be in good shape.

Everyone has to find a scapegoat.

Personally, the way I see it, Jimmy has just gone through an Achilles tear, a Lisfrank, a high ankle sprain (twice), and then had to come back from an entire month of football (a month is about when you start losing fitness). His body just seems to be finally breaking down. It's actually quite amazing that he's been able to return as quickly as he has with these injuries.

I still have high hopes that he can return to his level of play, but he's gonna have a level of distrust in his ability to run and he's not quite in football shape yet.
It’s rare that’s we see him in his peak though, that’s the frustrating part. After all his injuries it seems like he’s kind of wore down. I hate to say it but I’m just sort of disappointing with how this turned out considering how great he could have been for us. I’m afraid this might be his last year here.

Just curious, if that was Carr who had the type of performance that Jimmy had, how would people react? I thought Carr had other good game and he will definitely stay another year if he keeps this up.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just curious, if that was Carr who had the type of performance that Jimmy had, how would people react? I thought Carr had other good game and he will definitely stay another year if he keeps this up.
If Carr had to guard Thomas the story would be different.

If Carr had to guard Thomas the story would be different.
But some thought he was going to get burned by Tre’quan Smith and last time Carr lined up against AB for a majority of the game last year and had a bad game everyone wanted him cut.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Saints are by far the best and most complete team we face this season, and we lost only because of a missed xp. Yeah, we need to fix up some things, but I'm not in panic mode. Win next week and we're 5-3 at the halfway mark, which is pretty good. If we play like we did against the Saints we can string together five wins over the next five weeks (Panthers, home against Bengals and Steelers, Raiders, and Falcons).