• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the Bad, and The Wind

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Oh here we go with this shit again....
Time to get the beer.
162aa4f98236d279c876ddb0c729d446_640x640.jpeg

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Yeah, none too tough other than the Panthers, Steelers, Chiefs, Bengals and Chargers. lol
Each team has a clearly exploitable weakness that we could use to kill tem. I don't see us beating all of them, but I do think we are a better team than most of them..

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
How can you watch the route the ball takes and not say the wind grabbed that ball halfway there. Balls do not naturally move like that
Couple different people said they were at the Bank and that there was no wind.

Ever seen any of Ronaldo's free kicks? Or look for Nakamura's goal vs Rangers. It's even more pronounced with the shape of the ball tucker kicks.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Couple different people said they were at the Bank and that there was no wind.

Ever seen any of Ronaldo's free kicks? Or look for Nakamura's goal vs Rangers. It's even more pronounced with the shape of the ball tucker kicks.
Lol being in the stands means nothing. You don’t feel the crosswinds that come through the gaps between seating sections at the corners, that wind goes straight to the field

rossihunter2

Staff Member
When I heard he was hurt I wasn’t too worried because Smith was on his third game back and I figured he’d step up. Not sure what’s wrong with him but it doesn’t seem physical, he looks lost and playing with zero confidence. Just not aggressive at all.

i wonder if part of it was him going up against a top 3 receiver who's a phenomenal and diverse route runner, who consistently defeats press (one of jimmy's best attributes/tools, who has incredible hands and focus

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
This misplaced feeling of superiority over every other team in the NFL is reckless.
Where did I say that lol? I said we can win those games. I didn't say we will. I do think the notion that we are going to go 8-8, when we look way better, is foolish. I still have us finishing 10-6 given that we do lose to teams we should beat.

It doesn't matter, we are all fans of the same team so this is pointless.

Tank

Hall of Famer
i wonder if part of it was him going up against a top 3 receiver who's a phenomenal and diverse route runner, who consistently defeats press (one of jimmy's best attributes/tools, who has incredible hands and focus
He shit the bed covering Ingram. lol he wasn’t pressing anyone. Think what you want but he just doesn’t look like a good CB right now. Hopefully he can get it fixed.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lol being in the stands means nothing. You don’t feel the crosswinds that come through the gaps between seating sections at the corners, that wind goes straight to the field
The only crosswinds I felt at the stadium was from some dude who was feasting on some cheese nachos .

Saw this on Reddit. Not only did it make me laugh but it was painfully true.

“He's(Jimmy Smith) is such a disappointment as a player most of the time. His ceiling is so fucking high, but it's like a shooting star, you only see it a few times in a your lifetime. Injuries, suspensions, he's rarely in peak form.”

Correct. I had us losing this game, but thought it would be close. We proved that we can hang with the best of them and the Saints are a Sb favorite. People who don’t see that we could be in for a run if we make it to the playoffs are blind.
Yeah, I think the Bengals lose today. Even if we lose against Carolina we can still put ourselves it good position but it’s still dangerous because it might force us to win the division in order to make the postseason.

David Rockefeller

Practice Squad
Where did I say that lol? I said we can win those games. I didn't say we will. I do think the notion that we are going to go 8-8, when we look way better, is foolish. I still have us finishing 10-6 given that we do lose to teams we should beat.

It doesn't matter, we are all fans of the same team so this is pointless.
Agreed.