• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the Bad, and The Ravens

Inqui

Pro Bowler
Wrong seasons. That was last year and they missed playoffs.

September 28, 2014. Beat the Panthers since we're not counting Steelers.. who we knocked out the playoffs that year.

You're right. Was the Dolphins in 16 @Inqui
The new year confused the hell out of me for a while but we beat them on December 4, 2016 and they lost to the Steelers in the Wild Card round on January 8, 2017. Looks like I was wrong about it being TNF though, must have been the season before.

I think we're on the same page with the underlying point though - twice in four years says it all.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I just want a LB who can cover sideline to sideline and stop the run
Shaquille Quarterman from the Miami Hurricanes. Late first/early second round range. I think he could really be that guy and a major piece in creating a great front 7.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
If only we had Myles Jack or Jaylon Smith type of lb... maybe a Deion Jones to help in the middle. Or a Michael Thomas to help us put more points on the board in big moments of a game considering the league is damn near bending over backwards to give offenses every possible advantage.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer

So, if Mosley had to eliminate the run first, was someone else supposed to cover Funchess until Mosley could get there?

Only takes a split second to elimate the run. And he flipped his hips and it was all over
I think what bothers me the most was that this was such an incredibly lazy fake on the part of Cam. At no point in watching that did I think, "Oh wow, there's a real threat of him handing the ball off."

And anyone can disagree with me if they want, but one thing about the RPO that I hate for scouting lineman is that in the RPO, the offensive lineman have ZERO idea if it'll be a run or a pass, so they're run blocking those snaps. All the lineman on this one took a pass blocking set.

Then, you have Mosley doing a 360 and getting absolutely lost.

I don't think this was a great play to highlight Mosley as having an excusable poor play. That was just really bad from him.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think what bothers me the most was that this was such an incredibly lazy fake on the part of Cam. At no point in watching that did I think, "Oh wow, there's a real threat of him handing the ball off."

And anyone can disagree with me if they want, but one thing about the RPO that I hate for scouting lineman is that in the RPO, the offensive lineman have ZERO idea if it'll be a run or a pass, so they're run blocking those snaps. All the lineman on this one took a pass blocking set.

Then, you have Mosley doing a 360 and getting absolutely lost.

I don't think this was a great play to highlight Mosley as having an excusable poor play. That was just really bad from him.
My issue is Mosley seems late to position himself for pass coverage on other occasions besides this isolated incident. Honestly right now if you asked me to choose between Mosley and Mack Wilson I’d go with the latter not the former. I don’t despise Mosley and in fact loved him and bought his jersey that year just like Jimmy but he’s regressed and I’m not sure why. Maybe it is because he gained weight because he does seem slower; however, that certainly can’t be all of it. He’s made TE look fantastic against him. I know Watson isn’t a slouch but that dude has like a decade on Mosley and he still got the TD

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
My issue is Mosley seems late to position himself for pass coverage on other occasions besides this isolated incident. Honestly right now if you asked me to choose between Mosley and Mack Wilson I’d go with the latter not the former. I don’t despise Mosley and in fact loved him and bought his jersey that year just like Jimmy but he’s regressed and I’m not sure why. Maybe it is because he gained weight because he does seem slower; however, that certainly can’t be all of it. He’s made TE look fantastic against him. I know Watson isn’t a slouch but that dude has like a decade on Mosley and he still got the TD
With Mosley, I said coming out that he looked like a fantastic zone coverage linebacker who could make plays just by putting himself in the right spot at the right time, and now he doesn't even look like he's able to do that. Man coverage has never been his strong suit (and what linebacker really can run with Duke Johnson or Le'Veon Bell?), but it's the getting lost and baited on horrendous fakes like that that have me upset.