• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the Bad, and The Ravens

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sheesh. Glad I didn’t watch this one. Went outside and enjoyed the nice weather. My day would’ve been ruined had I watched lol

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Few dumpoffs, a run, a beautiful intermediate pass, beautiful TD pass to hurst.

Like he didn’t look shaky at all. And on the TD pass he made a nice step to the open area of the pocket. If lamar can have pocket awareness like he had on that play consistently, he might be alright
It's not a question of pocket presence or even short range to intermediate accuracy. He needs to develop the accuracy outside of the hashes and develop a semi-consistent deep ball.

I'm not worried about Lamar. He might need to sit another season but he had so many traits of a franchise QB that I can't worry too much

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think maybe Flacco is the problem even on guys like Hurst. As others stated before, Flacco likes to stare guys down. Maybe that’s a reason why guys drop the ball because they have some defender on them knowing they will get the ball? Starting to really make me wonder

rossihunter2

Staff Member
everything was a mess
but most obviously this was the most out-coached ive seen us all year on both sides of the ball

the team looked unprepared, the gameplan on offence was gross and the execution was equally bad, the defensive gameplan was unimaginative and didnt challenge Cam at all - showcased yet again the ability of our pass rush to disappear frequently and not impact games

philosophically something is still wrong with this defence - it looks and acts dominant and opposing teams dont like playing against them but something still feels off: we are building this defence around sound tackling etc. but it means that we dont put well-managed offences in bad positions frequently enough

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's time for Harbaugh to go. He just seems to accept mediocrity from his veterans and coaches way too much, especially since the 2014 season.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Tired of all this talk about how good our pass rush is. We have 2 sacks total against dalton Ben Brees and Newton. Netwon played with us and had all the time in the world

You know... No one wants to talk about it, but Lamar has actually been progressing quite nicely. I do think Flacco is here to stay next season even if Harbaugh is fired but if Lamar does fairly win the starting job next season(there's a strong chance of that) I wouldn't object to letting him go
It’s hard to tell how he’s developing. He seems to be more comfortable in his current role but that role doesn’t resemble what his role would be if he were the full time QB.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Can you list plays for me?
The only reason I think Jimmy is gonna be a cap casualty is that he has an absurd salary and is only getting older.

I don't see everyone else getting cut even if we make the postseason. Certain members would like that but there's clearly something holding the team back and there's a better than average chance that Lamar is just not ready. This team kind of reminds me of the 2010 niners. The talent is clearly here, the coaching is just not.

I'm not worried for the long-term. Short term I think it's obvious what the problems are. They're fixable even in an offseason, but still.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
The only thing good that I saw on my screen other from the first drive on both sides of the ball was Melanie Collins. Other from that, nada. Nad-a DAMN THING.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Few dumpoffs, a run, a beautiful intermediate pass, beautiful TD pass to hurst.

Like he didn’t look shaky at all. And on the TD pass he made a nice step to the open area of the pocket. If lamar can have pocket awareness like he had on that play consistently, he might be alright
There was absolutely zero pressure in trash time. His pass in the first quarter when it mattered, not so good.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
also id like to see the coaches film before i criticise CJ Mosley - i saw a lot of people going after him and yes i saw him get beat a couple of times but itll be interesting to see whether the apocalypse that everyone was decrying about him in coverage will actually bare out because im not sure it will

Joe had two really bad throws. I have no idea what he was thinking on those two throws. He's prone to one of those on the road, but threw two of those today.

The thing is though, we have been getting outcoached the past three games and Harbaugh put this loss on him. I really think this staff is getting outcoached and out schemed. Harbaugh could be staring down at his last year here.