• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the Bad, and The Ravens

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Watch the tape then . He has been slow to the ball , sorry that’s a fact .
He won’t be here next year so enjoy his garbage play while it lasts
It's a fact, but you can't reference a single play?

If you're gonna troll, at least come in here with some examples in mind. Even RayRay had the courteousy to do that.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
also id like to see the coaches film before i criticise CJ Mosley - i saw a lot of people going after him and yes i saw him get beat a couple of times but itll be interesting to see whether the apocalypse that everyone was decrying about him in coverage will actually bare out because im not sure it will
The game thread was an absolute shit show of knee jerk reactions and was extremely pathetic. Some members more than others.

CJ and Jimmy were fine sans a couple of plays. Jamie Dukes may have been an ass but this fanbase is whiny as fuck.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
everything was a mess
but most obviously this was the most out-coached ive seen us all year on both sides of the ball

the team looked unprepared, the gameplan on offence was gross and the execution was equally bad, the defensive gameplan was unimaginative and didnt challenge Cam at all - showcased yet again the ability of our pass rush to disappear frequently and not impact games

philosophically something is still wrong with this defence - it looks and acts dominant and opposing teams dont like playing against them but something still feels off: we are building this defence around sound tackling etc. but it means that we dont put well-managed offences in bad positions frequently enough
I think a lot of it comes down to our front 7. We have some good pieces, but we don't have that guy. That matchup nightmare, that guy that just seems to make the big play when it's needed, that the players can rally around, etc. Suggs used to be that guy, but he's finally showing his age. He isn't bad by any stretch, but he's just not what he was. We need another Suggs, another Ngata, or another Ray (though that one would obviously be the hardest to pull off). A guy that not only plays big, but makes everyone around him better.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
The only reason I think Jimmy is gonna be a cap casualty is that he has an absurd salary and is only getting older.

I don't see everyone else getting cut even if we make the postseason. Certain members would like that but there's clearly something holding the team back and there's a better than average chance that Lamar is just not ready. This team kind of reminds me of the 2010 niners. The talent is clearly here, the coaching is just not.

I'm not worried for the long-term. Short term I think it's obvious what the problems are. They're fixable even in an offseason, but still.
I think he'd get an extension before released if Harbaugh stays, but I could see a new coach cleaning house.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's a fact, but you can't reference a single play?

If you're gonna troll, at least come in here with some examples in mind. Even RayRay had the courteousy to do that.
I don’t write them down when I see them . Sorry bro . It was plain to see on multiple occasions .
Jimmy will be released after this year . Wanna bet ?

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I think he'd get an extension before released if Harbaugh stays, but I could see a new coach cleaning house.
Personally, I'm of the opinion that we should keep everyone that we should. A few coaches are fine, but we need some new blood. Ozzie's been great the past three offseasons even with a few bad contracts sprinkled here and there.

I still think it'd be a massive mistake to release everyone and just clean house immediately without letting a new coach at least try with this corps.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
So I congratulated a couple of my friends who're Panthers fans. One of them said to me "Yeah man, I'm shocked. Yalls defense is nasty." So I told him that I was convinced that the football gods kidnapped our team after our respective first drives and replaced them with impostors.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Personally, I'm of the opinion that we should keep everyone that we should. A few coaches are fine, but we need some new blood. Ozzie's been great the past three offseasons even with a few bad contracts sprinkled here and there.

I still think it'd be a massive mistake to release everyone and just clean house immediately without letting a new coach at least try with this corps.
I could see bloated contracts going to make enough cap room to bring in a new coach's "guy."

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I could see bloated contracts going to make enough cap room to bring in a new coach's "guy."
And Jimmy would be the first to go. As much as Flacco has been inconsistent this year, a new coach would likely give him a chance at the very worst given that he has won a ring.

I don't think we are screwed for the future as long as Harbaugh is gone. In the hands of a Sean McVay or a Sean Payton this team is sitting at two losses max.

FWIW, this team is in dire need of a All Pro at the skill position. We need another Ray Rice at the very least, he was a threat to take any carry to the house. If you can't get one at WR you need to get one at the RB position. You need someone who can be a threat and keep DCs up all night. It sounds so bland and generic but that's just how it is.

You know... No one wants to talk about it, but Lamar has actually been progressing quite nicely. I do think Flacco is here to stay next season even if Harbaugh is fired but if Lamar does fairly win the starting job next season(there's a strong chance of that) I wouldn't object to letting him go
I think if we fail this year and Harbaugh is fired that we move on from Flacco. Both of their tenures are linked to a successful season

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Because you know I’m right . I love the Ravens and have been a fan since day 1 but if you think Jimmy has been playing well you are off your rocker .
He has been hot garbage .
Listen, when you can come back with concrete examples that generate discussion, post it. Until then, refrain from posting.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
And Jimmy would be the first to go. As much as Flacco has been inconsistent this year, a new coach would likely give him a chance at the very worst given that he has won a ring.

I don't think we are screwed for the future as long as Harbaugh is gone. In the hands of a Sean McVay or a Sean Payton this team is sitting at two losses max.
No, a new coach absolutely would not give Joe a shot. That's a way massively bloated contract at a position where coaches prefer to pick their own

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Tired of all this talk about how good our pass rush is. We have 2 sacks total against dalton Ben Brees and Newton. Netwon played with us and had all the time in the world
I don’t think a single person thinks our pass rush is good or has been good all year. If they do they’re stupid

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
No, a new coach absolutely would not give Joe a shot. That's a way massively bloated contract at a position where coaches prefer to pick their own
I have to disagree. The contract would be bad, but Lamar would not be ready either in all likelihood. Any coach worth their salt would at the very least go through a training camp here to see what he has.