• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Vs. Steelers

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
After laying an egg we need to get back on track before the bye. This team is too talented to be this bad. Harbaugh is playing for his job.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
i was willing to give this team the benefit of the doubt but my confidence was already on tenterhooks

i have no trust left in this team week to week - we can absolutely destroy a team in any given week but we also just dont turn up to too many games - we're not a good road team for whatever reason

mediocre teams dont beat teams the way we do and yet we are the definition of average at .500

all of our wins have been absolute routs
and so have half of our losses

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
i was willing to give this team the benefit of the doubt but my confidence was already on tenterhooks

i have no trust left in this team week to week - we can absolutely destroy a team in any given week but we also just dont turn up to too many games - we're not a good road team for whatever reason

mediocre teams dont beat teams the way we do and yet we are the definition of average at .500

all of our wins have been absolute routs
and so have half of our losses
The talent itself isn't mediocre. It's a super bowl team on paper that has gotten thoroughly outcoached each loss this season.

Yes, the fans all want us to move on from Flacco and he had a terrible game today but he's not the issue right now with the team as a whole. It's not his fault the defense didn't show up, injuries. Harbaugh and Marty need to be shown the door in the offseason if we don't make the postseason. I think Lamar could use another season on the bench. The only massive cap casualty I could see happening is Jimmy, and Joe if he has a few more games like this where he's dog shit.

This is a must-win. The season isn't over yet, but it doesn't look good. We win this going into the bye, that's big. We lose, our season is over and you might as well tank.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
It's very simple: lose this game and the season is over. Win this game? Well....you got a shot, kids.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Win the next two games and we still control our destiny. Though even if this season goes down in flames, I want us to drag the Steelers down with us.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
It's very simple: lose this game and the season is over. Win this game? Well....you got a shot, kids.
Win this game, and we essentially (hopefully) eliminate any competitor for the wildcard imo.

I think this will be tough but coming off two tough losses, at home. I'll pick us to W

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m done talking about playoffs. One week at a time. I see a strong comeback game next week...hopefully.

I got the win here. I know the defense performance was horrendous and now you're going up against an even better offense. Thing is, we're at home, and we are widly desperate. In fact I think we'll win our next 3 and end up 7-4, but the problem is I think we're going to lay an egg in Atlanta and lose big to the Chiefs. I also don't see us winning in LA against the Chargers so this has the makings of a 9-7 season unfortuntely.

Tank

Hall of Famer
We desperately need Humph back. Not sure I can be very optimistic about this one if he can’t go.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
Facts;
Joe can win games.
Best receiving core in sometime.
O-line is held together by duct tape.
No running game to speak of.
The defense has potential, but far from the #1 status, despite status.
Mosley looked slow. They backfield looked lost more often than not. Communication? Coaching? Talent? Weddle and Jefferson don’t compliment each other well enough in my opinion.

Put all of this into one team and you get what you get. The next two games will decide the season.

I thought we looked really well when LJ was running the option. I’m sure that would get picked up on sooner or later, but he is really good at disguising that handoff.

David Rockefeller

Practice Squad
The talent itself isn't mediocre. It's a super bowl team on paper that has gotten thoroughly outcoached each loss this season.

Yes, the fans all want us to move on from Flacco and he had a terrible game today but he's not the issue right now with the team as a whole. It's not his fault the defense didn't show up, injuries. Harbaugh and Marty need to be shown the door in the offseason if we don't make the postseason. I think Lamar could use another season on the bench. The only massive cap casualty I could see happening is Jimmy, and Joe if he has a few more games like this where he's dog shit.

This is a must-win. The season isn't over yet, but it doesn't look good. We win this going into the bye, that's big. We lose, our season is over and you might as well tank.
"Super Bowl team on paper"?

JO_75

Hall of Famer
If we can win the next two starting here and then come off our BYE and beat Cincy we will still be in good shape. Cincy and Pittsburgh still play the Saints, Pittsburgh still has the Pats on their schedule. Again we have to win this and beat the Bengals for any of this to matter at the end of the day. Season isn't over yet but it seems again we'll be needing things to happen in week 17 in order for us to make the playoffs along with a win only because we failed to win earlier in the year.