• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Vs. Steelers

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don’t care if we’ve given up nothing to get him. We’ve essentially gotten nothing in return. We have legit needs to fix the run game. This doesn’t even help to solve it. He’s just another body that can play STs.

It’s just the epitome to the cheapness of the FO.
Before overreacting, let's remember that the Ravens grabbed Jacoby Jones after he fumbled away the Texans' playoff game against us, and that one worked out pretty well for awhile.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Before overreacting, let's remember that the Ravens grabbed Jacoby Jones after he fumbled away the Texans' playoff game against us, and that one worked out pretty well for awhile.
I’m not too sure he’s going to be a return man.

He’s a good third down back but with this oline I’m not sure why I am didn’t want to do this.

This line needs to be fixed in the offseason

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Oh good. An inside runner on a team with a weak interior

as in he doesnt always try and break the play outside on instinct
i really dont get why you dont like this - he's a better runner already than gus edwards, and probably buck allen too and he's a much better pass catcher than any of our backs - and he's good in pass pro - he can run more diverse routes than all of our backs too...

and we gave up basically nothing to get him

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m not too sure he’s going to be a return man.

He’s a good third down back but with this oline I’m not sure why I am didn’t want to do this.

This line needs to be fixed in the offseason
A receiving back could actually be good for us with the bad o-line. Get him in space with Crabtree or a TE to block a DB and give him the chance to make a LB miss.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
One of the only moves that would have made a real difference is a trade for KO and that would more than likely cripple our cap and you never know if it will work out and we don’t have a whole lot of draft capital that we can afford to spend.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
i really dont get why you dont like this - he's a better runner already than gus edwards, and probably buck allen too and he's a much better pass catcher than any of our backs - and he's good in pass pro - he can run more diverse routes than all of our backs too...

Because it’s not going to matter with this line, and he’s not going to push the team over the top. He’s not a trash player but we needed to fix the line.

I don’t hate it but I’m not thrilled either

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
So Ben has a broken left hand index finger.
This is a huge advantage as he will not be able to point to his wide open tight end / ab when scrambling.

If he tries to point he will have to use his middle finger, which will cause locker room drama when the players think Ben is flipping them off.

Game is ours
he will also get a fine for using his middle index finger. @rogergodell

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

he hates this move because we haven't given up a high pick for an offensive lineman. Crazy to do if you ask me at this point in the season.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
he hates this move because we haven't given up a high pick for an offensive lineman. Crazy to do if you ask me at this point in the season.
No. I don’t hate this move.
But I don’t like the fact that we keep throwing mediocre RBs at the team as if it’s going to fix the running game. The oline is the real problem, and we ignore it year after year.

Thank god ozzie is leaving

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Because it’s not going to matter with this line, and he’s not going to push the team over the top. He’s not a trash player but we needed to fix the line.

I don’t hate it but I’m not thrilled either

who are we realistically going to trade for that we can fit under the cap and who wont torpedo the franchise for multiple years with crippling cap numbers because of necessary restructures

and look at the saints game - we had an inside running game but we had a runner and a playcaller who ran outside to often

rossihunter2

Staff Member
No. I don’t hate this move.
But I don’t like the fact that we keep throwing mediocre RBs at the team as if it’s going to fix the running game. The oline is the real problem, and we ignore it year after year.

Thank god ozzie is leaving

its the mid-season trade deadline - there's no OL who are buyable - this is a potential band-aid fix for half a season that's all

would you have been more or less frustrated if we made no moves or if this was the only move we made because it feels like you would have preferred we not address anything than have brought in an extra RB

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
who are we realistically going to trade for that we can fit under the cap and who wont torpedo the franchise for multiple years with crippling cap numbers because of necessary restructures

and look at the saints game - we had an inside running game but we had a runner and a playcaller who ran outside to often
The back half of this is my other problem here. I don’t trust Marty to use the guy properly either. Prepare for more stretch zone plays

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
One of the only moves that would have made a real difference is a trade for KO and that would more than likely cripple our cap and you never know if it will work out and we don’t have a whole lot of draft capital that we can afford to spend.
That relationship ended on a pretty sour note and some nasty bitching on KO's part. Fuck him.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
in which case we should do what ive basically advocated at many times this season - just stop running the ball... /s
Montgomery is a solid player. But given that the problem with the offense is structural.... it just seems so pointless. This isn’t a move that helps us that much. I’m not confident that we effective utilize him. Nor will he add any true difference making dynamic.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
It does seem like a rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic move.