• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Vs. Steelers

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Sounds like Humphrey will be back, so there's that. Obviously the O line is a huge concern because they were limping along even with Stanley and Hurst. squealers are on the upswing. Looks like an L on paper.

It's a home game and it's pretty much a must win so let's hope the crowd helps the guys to over achieve.
When we played the Saints, I could hear that they were a lot of Saints fans when they made a big play. Steelers fans always travel well and there's always a good contingent of them when they play us in BAL. I don't think our home crowd advantage is as strong as it once was.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I'm cautiously optimistic for two reasons:
1. Doesn't matter that the Steelers are rolling right now. In the 2016 season, there was a team that was arguably the hottest team at the time when they visited us. Who was that team? The Dolphins. I think remember how badly we kicked their asses.
2. In the 2015 season, we fielded a team full of backups and third-stringers against a Steelers team that desparately needed a win to keep their playoffs alive and keep up with the Jets. What happened? We won 20-17 even though it should've been 27-10 if it wasn't for Upshaw being offside which negated Jimmy's pick 6.

Because of this team's inability to go on a streak of their own, they completely understand that their season is on the line and that includes Harbaugh. Win or the season is over.

Tank

Hall of Famer
When we played the Saints, I could hear that they were a lot of Saints fans when they made a big play. Steelers fans always travel well and there's always a good contingent of them when they play us in BAL. I don't think our home crowd advantage is as strong as it once was.
Yeah there’s always been a lot of yellow rags waved at this game and this one won’t be any different. I do agree in that today’s fans in Baltimore don’t seem to be as passionate in their cheering as in the past.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If we lose this game, the season technically isn’t over, but we will all know this team isn’t capable of catching up, if we lose this, I’ll hold out hope until the next loss, I will then start quietly hoping for losses, and hoping like hell we get to a point where lamar can start, so we can see what this kid is all about when thrown into the fire, and get him some seriously valuable live reps which would be HUGE going into the rebuild.

Also, while I don’t wanna see us lose, I don’t want us to miss the playoffs, and I don’t want double digit losses, id rather see us go 6-10 than 8-8

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Contrary to popular belief, the reason isn't kneeling down for the anthem in London.
It's the mediocre product on the field.

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler
If we lose this game, the season technically isn’t over, but we will all know this team isn’t capable of catching up, if we lose this, I’ll hold out hope until the next loss, I will then start quietly hoping for losses, and hoping like hell we get to a point where lamar can start, so we can see what this kid is all about when thrown into the fire, and get him some seriously valuable live reps which would be HUGE going into the rebuild.

Also, while I don’t wanna see us lose, I don’t want us to miss the playoffs, and I don’t want double digit losses, id rather see us go 6-10 than 8-8
If we were to go on a downward slide in the second half of the season, it will be interesting how long it would take Harbaugh
to bench Joe to give Lamar playing time.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Contrary to popular belief, the reason isn't kneeling down for the anthem in London.
It's the mediocre product on the field.
Well the kneeling is A reason, but it isn't the reason as our mediocrity is another reason for a somewhat dwindling home crowd advantage.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Yeah. No I have us gettting blown out. Jermaine starting is a disaster waiting to happen. Frankly I don't know what we saw in him other than that raging athleticism. He's got porous technique and footwork.

I'm not too happy with the team right now. They routinely are outsmarting themselves. You want to take the TEs out of the game, the one weakness the defense has, then stop fucking with Tyus like we did with Kruger. Play Kenny Young more. There's no reason not too. The run defense wouldn't suffer, CJ would be put into less and less coverage opportunities Stop playing Peanut as much. Orlando Brown jr. Has been bad at run blocking but should continue to improve. We should be constantly attacking the middle of the field given our personel.

This is not just an L but a massive one. I could honestly see the Panthers loss as one that was deflating to the season.

Our season literally depends on this game and the last time we won a game that meant anything was in 2015 @ Pittsburgh in the postseason. I'm not holding my breathe.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah. No I have us gettting blown out. Jermaine starting is a disaster waiting to happen. Frankly I don't know what we saw in him other than that raging athleticism. He's got porous technique and footwork.
What we saw in Jermaine was a shit ton of potential and upside, but hes not super bright it seems so it probably wont pan out. But I mean he was like a 5th rounder so I have no problem with that kind of flier

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

I'm not too happy with the team right now. They routinely are outsmarting themselves. You want to take the TEs out of the game, the one weakness the defense has, then stop fucking with Tyus like we did with Kruger. Play Kenny Young more. There's no reason not too. The run defense wouldn't suffer, CJ would be put into less and less coverage opportunities Stop playing Peanut as much. Orlando Brown jr. Has been bad at run blocking but should continue to improve. We should be constantly attacking the middle of the field given our personel.

This is not just an L but a massive one. I could honestly see the Panthers loss as one that was deflating to the season.

Our season literally depends on this game and the last time we won a game that meant anything was in 2015 @ Pittsburgh in the postseason. I'm not holding my breathe.
Yeah I just saw our out list, we won’t win with eluemenor vs Dupree. Losing this game basically guarantees the season is over, and we will lose it. They will get healthy with the bye week, they will go on a tear and give us false hope, they will put up a stinker one week, putting us in a “win out or miss the playoffs” situation, and then they’ll lose in week 16 or 17, breaking our hearts.

I’ve seen this bullshit movie play out too many times and it’s more than obvious to me that this movie is gonna repeat itself as long as Harbaugh is directing it

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Yeah I just saw our out list, we won’t win with eluemenor vs Dupree. Losing this game basically guarantees the season is over, and we will lose it. They will get healthy with the bye week, they will go on a tear and give us false hope, they will put up a stinker one week, putting us in a “win out or miss the playoffs” situation, and then they’ll lose in week 16 or 17, breaking our hearts.

I’ve seen this bullshit movie play out too many times and it’s more than obvious to me that this movie is gonna repeat itself as long as Harbaugh is directing it

There will be no tear. We will lose to the Bengals after the bye. No false hope. Just some blow out game against a low tier team at home where both sides play well but it will mean NOTHING.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Give me the odds Harbaugh gets fired if we lose today . There are rumors circulating there could be a coaching change if we lose today at the bye.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Give me the odds Harbaugh gets fired if we lose today . There are rumors circulating there could be a coaching change if we lose today at the bye.
I’d be surprised if we did it midseason. I guess what do we have to gain by doing that? Serious question—I’m not advocating to keep him or fire him here—what benefit would it have? I suppose it Steve wants like Lamar to play but Harbaugh refuses then yeah you fire him but I don’t see a reason other than something like that.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
What if lose to the Steelers and Cindy ,back to back. I think the odds would be good he gets canned .
I think for sure he gets canned at the end of the year but what benefit does it give the team this year to get rid of him? By that point our chances of making the playoffs are slim. Don’t get me wrong if there’s a valid reason I’ll agree, but if there is I’m failing to see it. Unless they’re just sick of him and want him gone or there’s internal drama hindering player development like what we saw in CLE. That’s the stuff that gets people fired during a season. Maybe the only other reason to fire Harbaugh is if there’s a HC candidate on this team and we want to give that guy a shot without subjecting ourselves to certain rules? I dunno

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Given the recent news about Harbs, this team is going to either comes out gun ablazing shades of the 2011 opener against PIT or start out slow against them like last season.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Given the recent news about Harbs, this team is going to either comes out gun ablazing shades of the 2011 opener against PIT or start out slow against them like last season.
I think it’ll be a good indication of how the locker room sees him too. These reports are clearly known to the players so we’ll see if they want him