• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Vs. Steelers

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Bowser for Timmy - ehhhh.. Not holding my breath he can rush on Steelers O line.

As far as LT goes, they'd be crazy to put there any other guy than Brown Jr.
You could have an in his prime Taylor, Reggie White, Demarcus Ware, and Suggs as well as Ray Lewis blitzing and this steelers oline would just hold all of them and get away with it

But that's the thing- we don't actually know that the Ravens did like Thomas or Jones a lot. They could have come in for a visit and the Ravens could have been like, "Yeah, not our guys. We'll pass." We have no idea.

But it is a massive failure on the scouting department to continue to take guys like Art Brown over Keenan Allen or Correa over Thomas, Jack, Jones, etc.

We never really know for certain but visits can be a small hint if we're taking a specific prospect. I believe the Ravens were the only team Campanaro visited and it turned out we picked him. When a prospect visits a team, that doesn't mean that they'll pick him but it does mean in some sense that he's on their radar. Maybe the Ravens weren't impressed by Thomas but Jones had a monster pro day and teams loved his workouts so it's unlikely that the Ravens weren't impressed by him. As far as Correa goes, at the time the pick was highly questionable given that Correa left a lot to be desired on the field while Thomas and Jones were proven studs on the football field. No one was really praising the pick as much as they did with Arthur Brown whome I'll admit that I myself liked and was happy to see us pick.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Bengals got the advantage of Mosley being hurt, Steelers in round 2 get the benefit of a banged up offensive line. Too bad we couldn't have our bye this week.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
got my first tickets to a ravens steelers game. Wish we were more healthy for this matchup

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Bengals got the advantage of Mosley being hurt, Steelers in round 2 get the benefit of a banged up offensive line. Too bad we couldn't have our bye this week.
I mean we played them without bell so its even.. and bengals always got guys out. We just adjust. Maybe get the ball out faster or something. Shit idk, i just hope we win

Tank

Hall of Famer
Sounds like Humphrey will be back, so there's that. Obviously the O line is a huge concern because they were limping along even with Stanley and Hurst. squealers are on the upswing. Looks like an L on paper.

It's a home game and it's pretty much a must win so let's hope the crowd helps the guys to over achieve.

Sounds like Humphrey will be back, so there's that. Obviously the O line is a huge concern because they were limping along even with Stanley and Hurst. squealers are on the upswing. Looks like an L on paper.

It's a home game and it's pretty much a must win so let's hope the crowd helps the guys to over achieve.
Did Stanley get back on the field last Sunday after his injury? If so I have to scratch my head. That game was basically lost and players playing through a fresh injury on adrenaline is a hindrance to recovery.

Definitely looks like an L on paper. I’ve low expectations for the game and season overall given the team lapses v Browns and following up a heartbreaking loss with that uninspired performance v Carolina.

Who knows we could muster up a big game here and get a W but the pattern of performances just points to inconsistent play and disappointing losses down the road that will ultimately doom us to another season of mediocrity.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Did Stanley get back on the field last Sunday after his injury? If so I have to scratch my head. That game was basically lost and players playing through a fresh injury on adrenaline is a hindrance to recovery.

Definitely looks like an L on paper. I’ve low expectations for the game and season overall given the team lapses v Browns and following up a heartbreaking loss with that uninspired performance v Carolina.

Who knows we could muster up a big game here and get a W but the pattern of performances just points to inconsistent play and disappointing losses down the road that will ultimately doom us to another season of mediocrity.
To win this game we need to stop their offense so having Mosley and Humphrey are most critical especially Humphrey. You can scheme the OL hopefully but you can’t polish a turd CB into an all star to stop Brown or Juju without a talented CB. James Hurst shut down Von so that’s saying something

As expected the primary topic of conversation is injury. We had unbelievable good luck on the injury front early in the season and in the case of the Browns still managed to pull off a mind blowing loss.

Now that good luck has worn off so I guess we have to find a way to make up for that inexcusable division loss with a with a good performance despite having to rely some backups

To win this game we need to stop their offense so having Mosley and Humphrey are most critical especially Humphrey. You can scheme the OL hopefully but you can’t polish a turd CB into an all star to stop Brown or Juju without a talented CB. James Hurst shut down Von so that’s saying something
With Humphrey out which of our CBs was the turd who needed to be polished? Smith? If so that’s a pretty pricey turd! But no doubt Humph and Carr kept Steelers wideouts in check the last meeting. Hope they can do it again.

Yes hopefully we can scheme to keep Watt from coming off the edge and blowing up plays. The drop in performance on the o line will probably be more felt in the run game. The run game has been pretty impotent even at full strength

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Bold predicc: lamar Jackson has more TDs than Flacco has because we see the effectiveness of the lamar package and want to use it in the red zone often.

Despite our injuries and how this looks like an L on paper, Vegas line has us a 3 point favorite.

I hope they know something we don't.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not optimistic at all. The only reason we might win is because it’s divisional and usually nothing that should happen does happen

Tank

Hall of Famer

The good thing is they play the game on the field and not on paper. I think the Ravens find a way to win this one.

Last edited: