• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 9 Pittsburgh Steelers @ Baltimore Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's a really big problem that one of the top 3 tallest quarterbacks in the NFL has tipped balls at the rate of Flacco.

I kind of agree and have not had a chance to look at the tape and tell why this problem, which had never really been a thing before, just started up this year. Without seeing the tape (so I could be entirely wrong) my gut tells me it boils down to Skura and Lewis just being awful at interior blocking and the defender getting more push then he should so he has a better angle then he otherwise would.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Him, Jackson and Hurst are going to be niiiiiice. Just draft a workhorse RB and our offense is going to look pretty set next year. Oh and cut Crabtree lol
Crabtree isn't the problem.

Honestly, the solution might be as simple as getting rid of Joe and Brandon Williams, resigning Brown and CJ(yes. Do that). And doing nothing else in the offseason but investing in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Find a C, find a few good pass rushers. Everything else about the time can literally stay the same.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think it’s clear now Flacco thrived and made a name due to getting DPI called on Torrey Smith and guys like Boldin and Smith making him look good as well as Ray Rice. The guy has stopped improving and he’s done. Whether or not we keep Harbaugh he has to go.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Him, Jackson and Hurst are going to be niiiiiice. Just draft a workhorse RB and our offense is going to look pretty set next year. Oh and cut Crabtree lol
Wtf Crabtree has been balling. Even if he’s not getting the ball when he should

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I kind of agree and have not had a chance to look at the tape and tell why this problem, which had never really been a thing before, just started up this year. Without seeing the tape (so I could be entirely wrong) my gut tells me it boils down to Skura and Lewis just being awful at interior blocking and the defender getting more push then he should so he has a better angle then he otherwise would.
A lot of it will come down to release, too. A defensive lineman will almost always try to put hands up.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
A lot of it will come down to release, too. A defensive lineman will almost always try to put hands up.

If this were a trend that would be my most likely guess as well, it just seems like this is a new problem so when a new problem arises I try to find what changed.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Wtf Crabtree has been balling. Even if he’s not getting the ball when he should
Too many dropped passes. Gonna kill Lamar’s confidence.

Tank

Hall of Famer
They talked about it on TV earlier in the year saying the O line wasn’t continuing to engage properly allowing rushers into the passing lanes.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Have you been watching since the first 3 weeks or..
I have. He literally got both hands on that football in end zone earlier this game and let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.