• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Jets - Random Thought Thread

Mainejet

Practice Squad
In 2016, Mike Macagnan drafted that arrogant, useless twerp Darron Lee. The Jets, coming off a 10-6 season, probably thought they were a good team. I know Mike Macagnan must have? What I know is the very second the Darron Lee pick came across the screen we were doomed. I knew that little jerk off HAD BUST written all over him. Then, to emphasize the stupidity, Todd Bowles made him the starting inside linebacker before the season even started. Then, Jets fans flocked all over the Jets front office appointing Darron Lee as a "STUD". They actively made the point that he's so awesome he already took over as a starter on a 10-6 team that narrowly missed the playoffs. When Mainejet made the point, this kid is a BUST he's another Aaron Maybin or Vernon Gholston. He'll be out of football in 4 years. EVERY Jets said Mainejet was an idiot that didn't know his ass from his elbow. Actual quote from that time.

Well, I don't need to go into the nitty gritty details of how dumb Darron Lee truly was between his off the field escapades slapping the shit out of his girlfriend and spectacularly BAD play on the field. He was traded to the Chiefs when Mike Macagnan straight up threw money at CJ Moseley trying to fix what he singlehandedly f*cked up by drafting Lee. Honestly, it's just one example of MANY where the Jets were the worst kind of green sewer slime NY had ever seen. The talent cupboards was literally BARE. Mike Macagnan followed up his fluke 10-6 season with back to back 5-11 seasons, a 4-12 season, and the icing on the cake, 2-14 in 2020.

Fast forward to this training camp and Joe Douglas has in fact drafted so well, brought in good players under responsible contracts as stop gap players, acquired other nice players utilizing the waiver wire and UDFA's that the Jets actually have real live position battles going on?! This is like reading fucking Arabic to me it's so unheard of. It's a shocking new thing in NJ. Center which is currently manned by a decent player in Connor McGovern yet the Jets 2nd round pick, Joe Tippman, has been blowing 2 and 3's off the ball that he just started getting reps every other day with the 1's. Direct position battle against McGovern, the incumbent, Wes Schweitzer, and Tristin Colon.

Tony Adam's an UDFA out of Illinois has caused Adrian Amos, Chuck Clark's injury replacement to be BENCHED and Adam's hardly plays during preseason because Saleh wants to keep his STARTERS healthy

The list goes on. RB. Between Mike Carter, Izzy Ibanakanda, and Bam Knight someone is going to get cut. It's probably Bam Knight, however, he's played the BEST football of all of the RB's so far in camp.

As a lifelong Jets fan I am so astonished by these developments. I'm actually giddy that there is such a thing. Honestly, I NEVER thought I'd see the day.....

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
congratulations. We love talking about our position battles around here. BTW, we'd love to see Tristan Colon on the waiver wire.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
btw, why don't you just start a jets random thought thread and then post everything jets related in one thread.

Mainejet

Practice Squad
congratulations. We love talking about our position battles around here. BTW, we'd love to see Tristan Colon on the waiver wire.
Well, he's out there. Ultimately, Colon wasn't good enough to Crack our roster. He primarily played with our 3's. He's a good player but he was never a real threat to start or even be a second string. I do believe he has good football in him. What makes him valuable is his versatility also. The Jets were trying to get a pick for him just before they cut him. I'm not sure where the Ravens sit in the waiver wire.....

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Well, he's out there. Ultimately, Colon wasn't good enough to Crack our roster. He primarily played with our 3's. He's a good player but he was never a real threat to start or even be a second string. I do believe he has good football in him. What makes him valuable is his versatility also. The Jets were trying to get a pick for him just before they cut him. I'm not sure where the Ravens sit in the waiver wire.....
he wasn't going to start here and could have backed up at center, but we are probably comfortable with Mekari if Linderbaum goes down.
I sense sarcasm in this thread Sir. You're not very nice^_^
You sense wrong, this is not sarcasm at all, I'm being serious. I'm just trying to clean up the thread and just like the Ravens section, we have a random thought thread instead of cluttering up the board with a bunch of threads.

I have now changed the title of the thread. You can now post anything in this thread. Consider this your thread.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
he was claimed by the Cards.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
My stepson is a Packers fan but he loves Aaron Rodgers so I am sure he will be rooting for the Jets as his AFC team. Bought him a Jordan Love jersey, because he needs an update…lol! Jets should be pretty damn good this season.

Mainejet

Practice Squad
My stepson is a Packers fan but he loves Aaron Rodgers so I am sure he will be rooting for the Jets as his AFC team. Bought him a Jordan Love jersey, because he needs an update…lol! Jets should be pretty damn good this season.
Thanks for the kind words. Ravens won today and I was rooting for them...

Mainejet

Practice Squad
Jets definitely have a good defense, now lets see if they can string it together in a very tough conference. Time will tell
We'll know quickly. The Jets first 9 is gd murderers row of great teams. As a Jets fan, i think the defense SHOULD be better this season but this schedule will definitely test them. Their weak points from last season were:

1) They could not get off the field on 3rd and long. They gave up a lot of 3rd down conversions over 10 yards. Very disappointing.

2) No turnovers. The defense generated just two turnovers in the Jets 6 game losing streak to end the season.

That MUST change....

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
We know exactly how you are feeling. This is way more than a gut punch, but your defense is very very good and will keep you in games and most likely win games for you this year. @Mainejet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Mainejet…my stepson has been beside himself all day. His favorite player going down in that way has rocked his world. I must have gotten 100 texts from him today. I feel bad for you both because losing Lamar the last two seasons really hurt, so I can empathize.

Mainejet

Practice Squad
Still shocked and very depressed now that Aaron Rodgers is out for the season. Their championship aims are likely off the table. It's very crushing for me. The Jets do seem cursed.

With that said, that defense is probably top 3 this season and will keep us in every game. Breece Hall is electric and is as good as ever. Garrett Wilson is a top 5 WR barely into his sophomore season.

If THE OL stays healthy, the Jets will still make the playoffs. That team is too talented not to make the playoffs.....

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Still shocked and very depressed now that Aaron Rodgers is out for the season. Their championship aims are likely off the table. It's very crushing for me. The Jets do seem cursed.

With that said, that defense is probably top 3 this season and will keep us in every game. Breece Hall is electric and is as good as ever. Garrett Wilson is a top 5 WR barely into his sophomore season.

If THE OL stays healthy, the Jets will still make the playoffs. That team is too talented not to make the playoffs.....
They probably will not be able to open up the playbook the way they would have been able to do with Rodgers, and the amount of experience he brings to the table will surely be missed. With that said, your team has too much talent to not make some noise. Hell if Tyler Huntley didn’t fumble the ball diving into the end zone and had it run back 100 yards for a TD, we would have beat the Bengals and played the Chiefs in the AFC Championship game. Your team still has a chance. It will probably take a little time to digest this but if you can keep winning a few games, you will get excited again.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
per NFL Network.....Aaron Rodgers Dr. used an innovative surgical technique that gives him a chance to return by the playoffs.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
per NFL Network.....Aaron Rodgers Dr. used an innovative surgical technique that gives him a chance to return by the playoffs.
So Aaron Rodgers want to share that info with our doctors? JK Dobbins needs to give Rodgers a call and get that same surgery.