• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Jets - Random Thought Thread

Jets need to make a move now. If you haven't been watching, everyone in the AFC east lost yesterday. The Jets have a golden opportunity to beat the Chargers (good team, not great and certainly not bad either) and get to a 1/2 game out of 1st place. Dolphins lead the division but they're paper champions right now. They've played all of their easiest games. They finish up with two against the Jets also have Bills, Chiefs, Eagles, Bengals. Buffalo doesn't worry me. They don't look very good right now. Patsies are a laughingstock. I'm almost scared about Tonight. Hand the Jets a golden opportunity and they ALWAYS fuck it all up. They've done that throughout their history. BUT, if they win? You have to start to think about the Jets potentially winning the division....

Narrator: The Jets fucked it all up.

Mainejet

Practice Squad
In my opinion, we're right back where we were in Week 4. If you remember, there were reports that Zach would get the hook if he couldn't play QB against the Chiefs. Well, here we are. First of all, i want to make it clear, this is not all Zach's fault. He has his responsibility in this, but the constant, Neverending unforced errors by the rest of the offense is probably 70% of the problem. Zach Wilson had a number of missed bunny throws, he lost a fumble, he still holds on to the ball way too long. Garrett Wilson had a lost fumble and a penalty. Jeremy Ruckert had two presnap penalties. Billy Turner might be the worst RT in the league. Alan Lazard is a really bad football player. He can't catch a cold.

With that said, CHANGE must happen in order for this to get fixed. I assume Duane Brown comes back next week? We switch Mekhi back to RT and Brown starts at LT. Alan Lazard should be BENCHED. Replace him with Brownlee. Give Zach the starting QB role, but let him know he has a short leash. Give him all of the playbook and allow him to slit his own throat if need be, but be ready to move on to Trevor Siemian. The CS must start laying down the law when it comes to presnap penalties.

The bottom line is if this defense can't generate multiple turnovers then the Jets are dead. They won't win another game this season without multiple turnovers. It's the Jets only recipe for winning right now and that is simply not sustainable.....

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Jets need to make a move now. If you haven't been watching, everyone in the AFC east lost yesterday. The Jets have a golden opportunity to beat the Chargers (good team, not great and certainly not bad either) and get to a 1/2 game out of 1st place. Dolphins lead the division but they're paper champions right now. They've played all of their easiest games. They finish up with two against the Jets also have Bills, Chiefs, Eagles, Bengals. Buffalo doesn't worry me. They don't look very good right now. Patsies are a laughingstock. I'm almost scared about Tonight. Hand the Jets a golden opportunity and they ALWAYS fuck it all up. They've done that throughout their history. BUT, if they win? You have to start to think about the Jets potentially winning the division....
The loss to the Chargers on Monday night could really hurt them in the playoff hunt with the Chargers and Jets both fighting for wild cards.