• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 NFL Draft General Discussion

Simba

Staff Member

Not looking good for Leggette in the 2nd.

I mean this is clearly a guy trying to make it so he goes in the 1st. Think I’ve seen like 20 guys say something in this vain over the last few days - either directly or via their agent.

Old Bay

Veteran
I mean this is clearly a guy trying to make it so he goes in the 1st. Think I’ve seen like 20 guys say something in this vain over the last few days - either directly or via their agent.
That's fair. I hope he's there for our 2nd, but I ain't betting on it.

Simba

Staff Member
Someone that likes Kool-Aid, talk to me about Kool-Aid (accepting drink or player discussions). I don’t hate him but I want to see what I might be missing since he’s been a popular mock choice for the Ravens. I have him more of a 2nd round grade.

I was playing with the simulator and did this one with no trades. How would you feel about this draft?

R1: 30 - Adonai Mitchell, WR
R2: 62 - Kiran Amegadjie, OT
R3: 93 - Mason McCormick, OG
R4: 113 - T'Vondre Sweat, IDL
R4: 130 - Cole Bishop, S

Simba

Staff Member
I was playing with the simulator and did this one with no trades. How would you feel about this draft?

R1: 30 - Adonai Mitchell, WR
R2: 62 - Kiran Amegadjie, OT
R3: 93 - Mason McCormick, OG
R4: 113 - T'Vondre Sweat, IDL
R4: 130 - Cole Bishop, S
Adonai Mitchell is a fun player but I question the attitude. Takes far too many plays off for my liking.

Cole Bishop would be an absolute steal at the end of round 4. I don't think he gets out of round 2 personally.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Will teams learn anything from the 2021 NFL Draft? QBs went 1-2-3 and so far, only 1 is with his current team and he's not the once in a lifetime prospect he was made out to be. If QBs go 1-2-3, maybe 4 it will show teams will continue to show teams haven't learned anything. 2020 was the last good QB Draft, and the only good QB drafted after 2020 has been Mr. Irrelevant, Brock Purdy.

2020:
1st Pick - Joe Burrow: Super Bowl Appearance, Pro Bowl, 5 Playoff Wins, Signed 2nd Contract
5th Pick - Tua Tagovailoa: Led Miami to Playoffs Last Season
6th Pick - Justin Herbert: Signed 2nd Contract, Holds NFL Passing Records
26th Pick - Jordan Love: Led Green Bay to Win over Dallas in Wild Card Round. 1st 7 Seed to win in New NFL Playoff Format
53rd Pick - Jalen Hurts: Super Bowl Appearance, 2X Pro Bowl, Most Rushing TDs by QB in Single Season, Signed 2nd Contract

2021:
1st Pick - Trevor Lawrence: 1 Playoff Win, Largest Playoff Comeback in NFL History. Still with Jacksonville.
2nd Pick - Zach Wilson: Traded to Denver Broncos.
3rd Pick - Trey Lance: Traded to Dallas Cowboys. Replaced by Mr. Irrelevant of 2022 Draft.
11th Pick - Justin Fields: Traded to Pittsburgh Steelers.
15th Pick - Mac Jones: Traded to Jacksonville

2022:
20th Pick - Kenny Pickett: Traded to Philadelphia
262nd Pick - Brock Purdy: Super Bowl Appearance, Pro Bowl. Highest Passer Rating among all QBs in 2023.

Adonai Mitchell is a fun player but I question the attitude. Takes far too many plays off for my liking.

Cole Bishop would be an absolute steal at the end of round 4. I don't think he gets out of round 2 personally.

I’ve seen the plays being taken off but Worthy has the same thing on tape and I’ve heard it may be the way the offense at Texas was being ran. Possibly one side of the field type of reads for the QB.
Another thing I’ve heard regarding his attitude is that he is diabetic and doesn’t have it under control so he can be abrasive at times. However, with Mandrews on the team I think we may be equipped to handle that situation.
As for Bishop I can definitely see him going before 130. I like his game.

Simba

Staff Member
Will teams learn anything from the 2021 NFL Draft? QBs went 1-2-3 and so far, only 1 is with his current team and he's not the once in a lifetime prospect he was made out to be. If QBs go 1-2-3, maybe 4 it will show teams will continue to show teams haven't learned anything. 2020 was the last good QB Draft, and the only good QB drafted after 2020 has been Mr. Irrelevant, Brock Purdy.

2020:
1st Pick - Joe Burrow: Super Bowl Appearance, Pro Bowl, 5 Playoff Wins, Signed 2nd Contract
5th Pick - Tua Tagovailoa: Led Miami to Playoffs Last Season
6th Pick - Justin Herbert: Signed 2nd Contract, Holds NFL Passing Records
26th Pick - Jordan Love: Led Green Bay to Win over Dallas in Wild Card Round. 1st 7 Seed to win in New NFL Playoff Format
53rd Pick - Jalen Hurts: Super Bowl Appearance, 2X Pro Bowl, Most Rushing TDs by QB in Single Season, Signed 2nd Contract

2021:
1st Pick - Trevor Lawrence: 1 Playoff Win, Largest Playoff Comeback in NFL History. Still with Jacksonville.
2nd Pick - Zach Wilson: Traded to Denver Broncos.
3rd Pick - Trey Lance: Traded to Dallas Cowboys. Replaced by Mr. Irrelevant of 2022 Draft.
11th Pick - Justin Fields: Traded to Pittsburgh Steelers.
15th Pick - Mac Jones: Traded to Jacksonville

2022:
20th Pick - Kenny Pickett: Traded to Philadelphia
262nd Pick - Brock Purdy: Super Bowl Appearance, Pro Bowl. Highest Passer Rating among all QBs in 2023.
Gotta do what you gotta do in this day and age. Not every one of them is going to hit but also can't just sit back and wait nowadays.

Simba

Staff Member
I’ve seen the plays being taken off but Worthy has the same thing on tape and I’ve heard it may be the way the offense at Texas was being ran. Possibly one side of the field type of reads for the QB.
Another thing I’ve heard regarding his attitude is that he is diabetic and doesn’t have it under control so he can be abrasive at times. However, with Mandrews on the team I think we may be equipped to handle that situation.
As for Bishop I can definitely see him going before 130. I like his game.
He screams George Pickens on a lesser level to me. Going to be moments where he looks like the best WR in the league and other moments where you're going to be so frustrated. Don't think he'll have quite the high highs or low lows though.

He screams George Pickens on a lesser level to me. Going to be moments where he looks like the best WR in the league and other moments where you're going to be so frustrated. Don't think he'll have quite the high highs or low lows though.

I can see that being accurate tbh. My comp for him has been Ceedee Lamb but I can see Pickens. Especially with the attitude concerns.
If you told me I can have Legette, Pearsal or Ladd in round 2 I’d easily pass on Mitchell but I honestly think they’re gone well before we pick again.

Simba

Staff Member
I can see that being accurate tbh. My comp for him has been Ceedee Lamb but I can see Pickens. Especially with the attitude concerns.
If you told me I can have Legette, Pearsal or Ladd in round 2 I’d easily pass on Mitchell but I honestly think they’re gone well before we pick again.
I'll go on record in saying that I think the WR need is a bit overblown personally. Would love to add a guy and wouldn't be mad if it's round 1 or round 2, but there's quality all throughout the draft and I wouldn't feel pressured to get one early if the board didn't shake out that way.

I'm not saying they should at all costs pick by position, but the 1st two picks scream OL (to all but ensure a day 1 starter) and CB (outside in particular is thin) if you get lucky enough. Not necessarily in order of course.

I'll go on record in saying that I think the WR need is a bit overblown personally. Would love to add a guy and wouldn't be mad if it's round 1 or round 2, but there's quality all throughout the draft and I wouldn't feel pressured to get one early if the board didn't shake out that way.

I'm not saying they should at all costs pick by position, but the 1st two picks scream OL (to all but ensure a day 1 starter) and CB (outside in particular is thin) if you get lucky enough. Not necessarily in order of course.

I agree that it’s slightly overblown but I honestly don’t love anyone once we get passed the first few tiers of receivers. I see guys who can contribute but if we lose Bateman or Flowers were in trouble. I would also like to get someone we can depend on next season when Bateman leaves. Although, we would have an opportunity to replace him next season of course.
I do like Baker, Polk, Burton, McMillian in that next tier but they all have their own flaws and wouldn’t want to have to depend on them or Nelson for an extended amount of time.

As for outside corner, I do agree that it’s thin outside of the top 4 guys and a couple dudes on day 2. I would love to land Cooper in round one and get OL on day two.

Simba

Staff Member
I agree that it’s slightly overblown but I honestly don’t love anyone once we get passed the first few tiers of receivers. I see guys who can contribute but if we lose Bateman or Flowers were in trouble. I would also like to get someone we can depend on next season when Bateman leaves. Although, we would have an opportunity to replace him next season of course.
I do like Baker, Polk, Burton, McMillian in that next tier but they all have their own flaws and wouldn’t want to have to depend on them or Nelson for an extended amount of time.

As for outside corner, I do agree that it’s thin outside of the top 4 guys and a couple dudes on day 2. I would love to land Cooper in round one and get OL on day two.
I’m in the camp of there’s only so much you can do. It’s not like the position is bare. Bateman of course is at put up or shut up time but you just can’t simply hedge every bet.