• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 NFL Draft General Discussion

rossihunter2

Staff Member
If you had to guess.. what position will we be going after with our 1st pick?

so hard to guess right now because it entirely depends on the 29 picks in front of us and it's only just turned march lol

it's a fairly deep 1st round i think, but not deep enough that i think we're going to have much positional choice left with our top graded guys when we get on the clock - have the feeling that we'll probably be picking the last guy we have (or close to) with a 1st round grade on our board when we get on the clock

so tough to work out what position that guy could be

think our most common mocked position though is gonna be OT

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Could be a good year to drop back if a QB is falling and somebody with a high 2nd wants the insurance of the 5th yr option

that's true - think if it's gonna be for anyone it'll be for bo nix
from the sounds of it he's the guy most people have as QB5 and the only other one who some might have a 1st round or high grade on...

perhaps if the falcons, saints or vikings miss out on a QB with their 1st pick because they're all gone, they might trade back in

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
What the actual fuck?
Falling off my board

download-1.jpg

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Lance Zierlein has done 2 mocks so far
in both he's had the ravens trade out of the 30th pick... fine but like come on man, that's poor media mock drafting, got to make sure as many fans of as many teams as possible are included for that pop lol

and ravens have been excluded from both his mocks so far haha

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Lance Zierlein has done 2 mocks so far
in both he's had the ravens trade out of the 30th pick... fine but like come on man, that's poor media mock drafting, got to make sure as many fans of as many teams as possible are included for that pop lol

and ravens have been excluded from both his mocks so far haha
good, because he's going to be wrong anyway

rossihunter2

Staff Member
seeing buzz about potentially 5 QBs in the top 20
i dont see it... but if that really is the case, then i embrace it

currently i have 27 players with at least late 1st round grades (a higher number than usual - and with a couple of OTs right on the edge of 1st round grades that I'm undecided on) - that 27 only includes 2 QBs, so if 5 go, then numerically we're already guaranteed a shot at at least 1 guy that I have a 1st round grade on, and that's before other teams make silly picks

Michael M.

Pro Bowler

currently i have 27 players with at least late 1st round grades (a higher number than usual - and with a couple of OTs right on the edge of 1st round grades that I'm undecided on) - that 27 only includes 2 QBs, so if 5 go, then numerically we're already guaranteed a shot at at least 1 guy that I have a 1st round grade on, and that's before other teams make silly picks
Do you think there's a good chance Raven's trade back?

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

Even though Imma hate watching the whole damn draft and feel like itll be a waste of time if we trade out... Im hoping for the scenario that Michael Penix falls to 30 and a team overpays us for their QB tilt.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Breakdown of how many guys i've graded so far:
136 total:

11 DL
12 EDGE
6 LB
23 DB
7 QB
29 OL
19 RB
5 TE
24 WR

ive got 5 top 10 grades, 13 more surefire 1st rounders and 8 guys with late 1st grades
ive got 13 guys right on the cusp of 1st round with early 2nd grades too
ive got 86 guys total with day 2 grades or better

it's possible that there's a few more guys out there that i havent got to yet who could jump into day 2 or some guys ive got to have secondary looks at who could jump up a bit, but from working through my list the last couple of weeks it's been rare finding those gems - the way this normally goes, there'll be 1 or 2 safeties/LBs/DTs who i get to late that draw me in but not much else

regardless, it definitely feels like this class falls off a cliff in terms of talent after the top 70ish

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Off the back of the Moses trade
feels notable that we moved that late 4th round pick up to the early 4th round rather than just take a 5th rounder straight-up (without having to give anything back) - that's where i see a big fall off in talent in the class - maybe hoping to catch one of the last guys with a solid grade before it properly devolves into full on scouts day type picks on day 3 this year

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

Yikes... I remember seeing his name being mocked to us. Guess thats out.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Yikes... I remember seeing his name being mocked to us. Guess thats out.

i always thought he wasnt going to run fast - but 4.6 is pretty catastrophic given he didnt run at the combine at all

if he'd just run in the 4.5s i think he'd still be fine
will have to wait on the official times

definitely think this should take him out of the top 2 rounds for sure and might make teams look at him more as a nickel than a true outside CB