• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 NFL Draft General Discussion

JO_75

Hall of Famer
What are the chances the Rams trade their first round pick before the Draft? Or are they actually going to make a 1st round selection?

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I think a best case thing that could happen is if a team offers a first in 25 or a great haul this year to us at 30 if a QB falls and a team wants the option. maybe if bo nix or penix fall they get snagged in a trade up.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think a best case thing that could happen is if a team offers a first in 25 or a great haul this year to us at 30 if a QB falls and a team wants the option. maybe if bo nix or penix fall they get snagged in a trade up.
that would be great but most likely we would be trading back into the lower half of the 2nd if that were to happen.

I think there is a possibility we trade out of the first to approximately 39. The 39th pick is the Giants, so lets say Bo Nix is available and they have interest in Nix. They could trade us their 2nd and 3rd round pick and we could give them our 1st and 4th. That trade would favor us but there has to be a premium to get into the 1st round for that 5th round option.

Or we could trade into the Raiders at pick 44.

They would trade us there 2nd round pick and 4th round pick, plus a 3rd rounder in 2025.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

I always go back to our trade for Lamar as the measuring stick.

We traded our 2018 2nd rounder (pick #52) & 2019 2nd rounder to acquire the #32 overall pick.

based on this, I don’t think anyone is going to offer us a future 1st for pick #30. It’ll probably be a 2024 2nd rounder + extra

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I always go back to our trade for Lamar as the measuring stick.

We traded our 2018 2nd rounder (pick #52) & 2019 2nd rounder to acquire the #32 overall pick.

based on this, I don’t think anyone is going to offer us a future 1st for pick #30. It’ll probably be a 2024 2nd rounder + extra
fair but imo we got a really good deal on that trade, esp if you consider it being a good team like us or the eagles drafting later. if you told me 2nd round pick in 25 by panthers, commanders, pats ect then yes worth. Only way we get a 25 first if we dont get a second back this year probably. A man can dream that a 99 Falcons Ravens Jamal Lewis pick trade can happen again cant he?

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
fair but imo we got a really good deal on that trade, esp if you consider it being a good team like us or the eagles drafting later. if you told me 2nd round pick in 25 by panthers, commanders, pats ect then yes worth. Only way we get a 25 first if we dont get a second back this year probably. A man can dream that a 99 Falcons Ravens Jamal Lewis pick trade can happen again cant he?
Some people believe that those teams you listed could actually have a chance at SB next season cause its “ any given sunday” and you cant predict the future lol.

Old Bay

Veteran
Dane dropped his 7-round mock:

download.png

Old Bay

Veteran
lots of smoke around jordan morgan for sure
gonna have to have another look coz im not in love with that idea right now
Yeah, I would like Morgan in the 2nd after trading back. Not a fan of him at 30.
I'm no scout, but he kind of feels like a guy who can be a decent player across the offensive line, but not really a stud at any one position. That's a useful player, but I don't think I want that guy in the first round.

Simba

Staff Member
To be fair on Morgan, I think he and a lot of other guys fall into the category of potentially underwhelming because well, he's probably not a 1st round talent. The problem at 30 is that you may not get a 1st round talent. Trading back sounds great in this scenario, but also need another team to value someone enough to come up which is never guaranteed.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah, I would like Morgan in the 2nd after trading back. Not a fan of him at 30.
I'm no scout, but he kind of feels like a guy who can be a decent player across the offensive line, but not really a stud at any one position. That's a useful player, but I don't think I want that guy in the first round.

To be fair on Morgan, I think he and a lot of other guys fall into the category of potentially underwhelming because well, he's probably not a 1st round talent. The problem at 30 is that you may not get a 1st round talent. Trading back sounds great in this scenario, but also need another team to value someone enough to come up which is never guaranteed.

i dont see the kind of player that a team would spend a 1st round pick on
and it would feel odd for the ravens to break their BPA policy for a guy that doesnt fit their historic benchmarks for high picks/isnt a massive outlier like tyler linderbaum

then again, DJ said he knows at least 1 team "that thinks he's (Morgan) 1 of the 3 or 4 best tackles in the draft."

so im gonna go back to the tape because with all the smoke around this, im not gonna bet against us being that team and i want to see if i can see why...

rossihunter2

Staff Member
so i went to the washington game and the usc game and this is where im at...

he moves so well - got no problem with his movement skills in space, in his pass sets or anything at all like that - and arizona consistently left him to play on an island and he did well a lot - got great grip strength in his hands too

but his hands are so wide so much of the time - that in and of itself is fixable just by not teaching him to hug - but part of the reason he's hugging and not making contact is because he's got some shorter arms and that showed up a fair amount in the running game where he was unable to stay attached vs longer defenders - and that arm length is not fixable - just limits the ceiling for me on what he could be

that being said, im a lot less unhappy about the idea of him at 30... if he comes in and plays LG this year and gets a chance to replace Ronnie at LT in 2025 then I'm ok with that outcome - there is a bit more projection with him vs Graham Barton (who we've actually seen play inside) which is why Barton still gets the nod for me

i wouldnt hate it if that's who we end up with - think there's a good chance he's one of the better rookie OL in the class out of the gate and we do need to find a guy who can contribute immediately somewhere on the OL

maybe you let Morgan compete at RT but having a guy swap sides isn't always straight forward

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Any of the GMs above us who might make a crazy pick? Used to be able to count on the Raiders and Patriots to reach lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
lots of smoke around jordan morgan for sure
gonna have to have another look coz im not in love with that idea right now
I’m not too high on Morgan either, he often looks unbalanced, dropping in pass pro it seems he’s leaning way back to catch rushers at the arc and he always looks like would get tipped over or put on skates if he was facing a physical nfl rusher.

I also can’t imagine legette being there at that point. I think he’s gonna go very early second.