• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 NFL Draft General Discussion

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Don’t forget Seattle giving us Patrick queen by taking jordyn brooks

Any of the GMs above us who might make a crazy pick? Used to be able to count on the Raiders and Patriots to reach lol

last year the lions (it worked for them) took some off the wall guys that no one really expected and they're picking at 29
whoever ends up with the 23rd pick is going to be fairly unpredictable (especially if it's the cardinals because they'll be picking 3 times in the 1st round in that scenario)

there are some teams in the 10-20 range who might be unpredictable but not sure how much that helps us when they're that far above us - Broncos, Raiders, Saints, Jags, Rams

Any of the GMs above us who might make a crazy pick? Used to be able to count on the Raiders and Patriots to reach lol

Potentially the Lions? Broncos reaching for QB?

I think someone reaches for Worthy in round one due to his speed.

I also hope some teams are desperate and take Nix and/or Penix but i wouldn’t be surprised if they go early round two.

Simba

Staff Member
This is truly a bonkers OL class though. Typically I'm looking at later round prospects and trying to see if any of them still have a shot at playing T. This year I'm looking to see if any of these Ts have the skillset to slide inside.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This is truly a bonkers OL class though. Typically I'm looking at later round prospects and trying to see if any of them still have a shot at playing T. This year I'm looking to see if any of these Ts have the skillset to slide inside.

im going over some guys i saw earlier in the process too and moving them back up boards slightly - i did a lot of OL early and wasnt grading them vs other positions etc. so a lot of later guys i had valued way too low

almost 1/5 of my day 1 and 2 grades are OL
becomes almost 30% when we get to the end of my 4th round grades

Simba

Staff Member
The leaks are starting to come out... obviously everything is to be taken with a grain of salt, but the big one I've seen today is that teams are largely in the 15-20 range on players with 1st round grades. Doesn't bode well.

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
The leaks are starting to come out... obviously everything is to be taken with a grain of salt, but the big one I've seen today is that teams are largely in the 15-20 range on players with 1st round grades. Doesn't bode well.
Hopefully there is significant variance in those players to the point where we get one of those guys. Hopefully

Simba

Staff Member
Hopefully there is significant variance in those players to the point where we get one of those guys. Hopefully
I wouldn't be shocked. My guess is there's probably like 10 that are on everyone's board and a variance in everyone else. Personally, I like Chop Robinson a lot but by NFL teams' standards, I could see him being on only a few boards as a 1st rounder. Same with guys like DeJean, Wiggins, Murphy, Latham, etc.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I wouldn't be shocked. My guess is there's probably like 10 that are on everyone's board and a variance in everyone else. Personally, I like Chop Robinson a lot but by NFL teams' standards, I could see him being on only a few boards as a 1st rounder. Same with guys like DeJean, Wiggins, Murphy, Latham, etc.
Interesting story about Chop Robinson. He went to Quince Orchard "QO" Highschool. Well my friends daughter was a cheerleader for QO at the same time he was playing.

Anyway Chop asked her to the prom and she turned him down.

Simba

Staff Member
With the Forum mock being over and me scouting 30 trillion players, this is how I feel position by position on the depth of the class...

QB: Taking a chance on the upside with the top guys. A couple of mid round flyers but it's a weak class overall.

RB: Strong in the mid rounds and then dips considerably. I think you could argue a bunch of guys for RB2 - RB15.

WR: Strong throughout, should be opportunities in every round. For me, some potential small school gems here.

TE: A couple of intriguing guys in the mid rounds, but not too much there. Guys are pretty small too.

OL: Incredible depth, and weirdly probably more at T than the interior. We should be swinging multiple times here.

DL: Weak. A couple of nice names at the top and then a bunch of undersized rotational guys.

ILB: Weak. Even the best names have big question marks. Feels like a lot of the guys in the mid rounds are destined for ST duties.

EDGE: A lot of traits-based developmental guys after the top ones. Can find all throughout but most are going to need to be coached up.

CB: Decently strong at the top. Think it's deep throughout... if you're looking for slot guys. Outside CB group is fairly thin into day 3.

S: A couple of standouts for me. This is another deep position where you should find contributors all the way into late day 3.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
And this goes to everyone else on the forum: wash your face thoroughly from all the smoke that's in the air. Smokescreens galore, my goodness.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

I mean that’s about normal though and we’ve had those guys fall this far to us before but will certainly require the QBs all to go

I’m at 20 when you take out qbs and you’re at 19… we’re consistently seeing guys get really close to us in mocks and sims

All it takes is a couple of teams with a few wacky picks because they’ve got completely different boards (likely) ahead of us and we get a guy we covet

rossihunter2

Staff Member
With the Forum mock being over and me scouting 30 trillion players, this is how I feel position by position on the depth of the class...

QB: Taking a chance on the upside with the top guys. A couple of mid round flyers but it's a weak class overall.

RB: Strong in the mid rounds and then dips considerably. I think you could argue a bunch of guys for RB2 - RB15.

WR: Strong throughout, should be opportunities in every round. For me, some potential small school gems here.

TE: A couple of intriguing guys in the mid rounds, but not too much there. Guys are pretty small too.

OL: Incredible depth, and weirdly probably more at T than the interior. We should be swinging multiple times here.

DL: Weak. A couple of nice names at the top and then a bunch of undersized rotational guys.

ILB: Weak. Even the best names have big question marks. Feels like a lot of the guys in the mid rounds are destined for ST duties.

EDGE: A lot of traits-based developmental guys after the top ones. Can find all throughout but most are going to need to be coached up.

CB: Decently strong at the top. Think it's deep throughout... if you're looking for slot guys. Outside CB group is fairly thin into day 3.

S: A couple of standouts for me. This is another deep position where you should find contributors all the way into late day 3.

Can’t really disagree with any of that based on my board

I do think it’s a pretty great QB class in terms of depth of potential day 1/2 guys but there’s not many day 3 guys worth anything at all

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I mean that’s about normal though and we’ve had those guys fall this far to us before but will certainly require the QBs all to go

I’m at 20 when you take out qbs and you’re at 19… we’re consistently seeing guys get really close to us in mocks and sims

All it takes is a couple of teams with a few wacky picks because they’ve got completely different boards (likely) ahead of us and we get a guy we covet

i just cant quit graham barton lol - just cant get the idea out of my head that he could be a zack martin-esque prospect (someone who can live outside but also has all-pro potential at G)
im now at 21 (non-QB) prospects in R1

which means for me the magic number of non-1st round players before we pick to get us a 1st round prospect at 30 is 5 now (assuming 4 QBs)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Chad Reuter just did a 7 round mock - dont love his draft work tbh

but if we came away with this haul i'd be pretty happy - would definitely be second-guessing taking jaylen wright with the 62nd pick when ricky pearsall's still there but the overall haul is great

Tyler Guyton
Jaylen Wright
Cole Bishop
Jalen McMillan
Jaylen Harrell (not heard of him or watched)
Isaiah Adams
Qwan'Tez Stiggers
Fabien Lovett Sr
Marist Liufau

Simba

Staff Member
Chad Reuter just did a 7 round mock - dont love his draft work tbh

but if we came away with this haul i'd be pretty happy - would definitely be second-guessing taking jaylen wright with the 62nd pick when ricky pearsall's still there but the overall haul is great

Tyler Guyton
Jaylen Wright
Cole Bishop
Jalen McMillan
Jaylen Harrell (not heard of him or watched)
Isaiah Adams
Qwan'Tez Stiggers
Fabien Lovett Sr
Marist Liufau
Does Reuter do anything other than mocks? Not sure I’ve ever seen his name other than that to be honest.