• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Clunky, The Win and The Injuries... Again

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Another year. Talking about injuries by week 1 again.

JK probably an achilles.

Marcus Williams, Ronnie Stanley and Tyler Linderbaum prognoses will be huge to find out this week. A season defining game potentially because of these injuries against a poor Texans team.

Both units showed promise on occasion. But offensive hints of rhythm were immediately stymied by Lamar turnovers and OL injuries. Defensive penalties were huge and against better teams will lose us games.

Hard to know what to take from the defensive performance given the Texan OL and the rookie QB and lack of weapons.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That game sucked.

Injuries are gonna be a major story again this season.

Really sloppy performance from the Ravens as well. But take the win.

i was expecting sloppy and can handle sloppy...

injuries are just so arbitrary and emotionally exhausting

hamilton had a scare early, MW left the game, JK probably out for the season, we will have to hope that ronnie and tyler avoided the same fate

we came into the season healthy, and exit week 2 with questions all over both sides of the field - that cannot be normal

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Oweh looked smart out there. Lot of plays where he picked up the rb or delayed guy on his side while rushing. Whomever covered the rb on goaline during that sack, i think it was adarius not sure, but that was nice af too

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Oweh looked smart out there. Lot of plays where he picked up the rb or delayed guy on his side while rushing. Whomever covered the rb on goaline during that sack, i think it was adarius not sure, but that was nice af too

was against lower tier opposition on the OL but Oweh and Clowney were both positives - Ojabo getting a sack was a big bonus but was against a PS OL who's not a tackle on his first NFL snap... so im not gonna get too excited

oweh looked so good coming off the edge
clowney looked powerful
ojabo flashed

good start

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I'm not going to be too doom and gloom.

The offense looked great when the offensive line was clicking. It was inconsistent, but there was a stark difference when the line was clicking.

Lamar was up and down, but let's remember he had an offensive overhaul. Three of his top four receivers are brand new and he has a new coordinator. Remember how some of you loved to make the excuse that Joe had a new coordinator and that's why he was inconsistent (you know who you are)? He was also missing his favorite target in Andrews.

Defensively, the Ravens gave up a lot of easy yards, but they still didn't allow a touchdown and really tightened up in the red zone. They also didn't have their top two projected starters at cornerback. RYS (if he's still the starter) and Marlon should give life to the secondary.

The Texans were definitely a bad team, but the Ravens had two turnovers and like 100 yards in penalties, but they still won by 16. If they can clean up the sloppy play, they'll be a pretty competitive team.

Still, there was bad. Especially the injuries. I'm sad that JK Dobbins is probably done with his Ravens career and potentially NFL career. Hopefully Williams, Stanley, and Linderbaum are okay. I have hope for Stanley and Linderbaum. Stanley was smiling on the sideline and Linderbaum walked without a noticeable limp. I imagine his going to the locker room was more to do with their being four minutes left in the game.

The pass rush is still so inconsistent, especially with three backups in the game for the Texans. That offensive line wasn't going to be amazing to begin with and they had three backups. Just really frustrating.

The Ravens offensive line definitely faced a good front, but they were about as inconsistent as the pass rush. Except, unlike the Texans, the Ravens had their starters for most of the game.

Still, a lot of reason to be optimistic with some definite room for concern. Which way the needle moves in the coming weeks will define the season.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Grades :
QB C- Lamar was careless with the ball
Offensive Line-D except for beginning of 3rd quarter which was a B.
Running Backs-C No explosiveness. I hope Mitchell is ready to play. We need to start him
Defensive Line-B- Overall decent against a weak offense.
Linebackers-B overall
Secondary-C with Stephens sucking all game. Darby was average
Special Teams -B . Duvernay looks like he has lost his explosiveness.
Coaching - C It appears Monken will have same issues as Mcdonald last year installing a new scheme.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Lamar was up and down, but let's remember he had an offensive overhaul. Three of his top four receivers are brand new and he has a new coordinator. Remember how some of you loved to make the excuse that Joe had a new coordinator and that's why he was inconsistent (you know who you are)?

absolutely
not panicking about anything other than injuries - clunkiness was expected
lamar was a little sloppy with mistakes you cant make - the two fumbles and the INT on the late throw off his back foot