• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Bengals

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Because he’s a smug privileged overrated prick who has benefited from our injuries immensely. The common narrative is he’s been to the super bowl and the AFCCG twice, well he really should have been eliminated by Tyler Huntley then he’d be getting some of the treatment Josh Allen is getting now.

In the Browns game there were two jump ball passes that Higgins and Chase couldn’t quite pull in, but they’d have been amazing catches, but if they did and they won the narrative would be how Burrow is a stone cold killer
I do appreciate your consistency and irrational dislike for that man, but every QB benefits from a little luck and solid teammates. Burrow is a pretty good Qb, I’m sorry I know this hurts your soul. Hopefully he turns into the bum you think he is sooner rather than later

Because he’s a smug privileged overrated prick who has benefited from our injuries immensely. The common narrative is he’s been to the super bowl and the AFCCG twice, well he really should have been eliminated by Tyler Huntley then he’d be getting some of the treatment Josh Allen is getting now.

In the Browns game there were two jump ball passes that Higgins and Chase couldn’t quite pull in, but they’d have been amazing catches, but if they did and they won the narrative would be how Burrow is a stone cold killer
I'm starting to think you don't like the Bengals

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m not really feeling the doom and gloom for this game. I don’t think many of us had this penciled in as a W prior to the injuries anyways so no big deal if we drop this one. I also think Lamar tried to force the issue last week staying in the pocket longer than he needed to. Whenever he does that , he always seems to rebound the next week in a big way just being himself. If there’s one player in the NFL that can cover up for a bad Oline is Lamar.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I do appreciate your consistency and irrational dislike for that man, but every QB benefits from a little luck and solid teammates. Burrow is a pretty good Qb, I’m sorry I know this hurts your soul. Hopefully he turns into the bum you think he is sooner rather than later
He does get a lot of credit for being some stone cold killer when he's benefitted heavily from defensive performances in the playoffs. The one thing I'll give him credit for is he doesn't seem to make big mistakes.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think he’s good, agree with @redrum52 he doesn’t make killer mistakes in those playoff games (besides this past AFCCG where he should have 4 INTs). I just think he’s overrated. Bengal fans like to say Josh Allen is not clutch at all, but Allen was going to shatter our boys playoff record when he had 9TDs and 0 INTs after two games, Burrow has never done that in the playoffs.

I will say Allen is starting to look like Favre tho, he’s incredibly wreckless with running and throwing, but fun to watch that’s for sure

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think he’s good, agree with @redrum52 he doesn’t make killer mistakes in those playoff games (besides this past AFCCG where he should have 4 INTs). I just think he’s overrated. Bengal fans like to say Josh Allen is not clutch at all, but Allen was going to shatter our boys playoff record when he had 9TDs and 0 INTs after two games, Burrow has never done that in the playoffs.

I will say Allen is starting to look like Favre tho, he’s incredibly wreckless with running and throwing, but fun to watch that’s for sure
I’m sure Bengals fans think Burrow is light years ahead of Lamar which is BS. Beating Mahomes head to head doesn’t make Burrow the best QB in the league. Whether they like it or not the rankings are 1. Mahomes
2-4. a combination of Lamar, Burrow, Allen and then everyone else including the young talent let Herbert , Hurtz, Lawrence etc..

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

Well a) he beat Tyler Huntley, because Tyler Huntley wasn't a good enough QB (or person who carries the football) to beat him. And spoiler alert... I've seen Lamar in the playoffs. Joe beats him too.
And most importantly, b) 1000% of people who watch NFL games would rather have Burrow than Lamar. That includes EDC, who would cream his pants to trade Lamar straight up for Burrow, and Lamar's own mother, who would do the same.

Joe isn't the perfect QB. Far from it. He also does a lot of winning, puts up great stats, and is extremely clutch in the postseason and has beaten many elite QBs in the playoffs. Some multiple times.
From a QB perspective, he's the "box checker" in the modern NFL.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm starting to think you don't like the Bengals
While I have friends that aren’t obnoxious Browns fans, holy shit that fanbase is even worse. They believe they’re entitled to treat us like shit because of Modell. They’re awful, and hopefully we can sweep them this year along with the Steelers and Bengals

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ravens +3.5 this week. I made out well taking them on the points last week, but I’m not feeling great about this line. I’m absolutely smashing the over in this one at 45. I highly doubt this one turns into a defensive slug fest or the offenses are as sloppy like week 1

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m sure Bengals fans think Burrow is light years ahead of Lamar which is BS. Beating Mahomes head to head doesn’t make Burrow the best QB in the league. Whether they like it or not the rankings are 1. Mahomes
2-4. a combination of Lamar, Burrow, Allen and then everyone else including the young talent let Herbert , Hurtz, Lawrence etc..
So much this. Yes they do think that

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well a) he beat Tyler Huntley, because Tyler Huntley wasn't a good enough QB (or person who carries the football) to beat him. And spoiler alert... I've seen Lamar in the playoffs. Joe beats him too.
And most importantly, b) 1000% of people who watch NFL games would rather have Burrow than Lamar. That includes EDC, who would cream his pants to trade Lamar straight up for Burrow, and Lamar's own mother, who would do the same.

Joe isn't the perfect QB. Far from it. He also does a lot of winning, puts up great stats, and is extremely clutch in the postseason and has beaten many elite QBs in the playoffs. Some multiple times.
From a QB perspective, he's the "box checker" in the modern NFL.
Lamar for sure needs to improve its just a shame he hasn’t gotten that chance the last two years. If Huntley would have burrowed then Burrow would only have that one run

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar for sure needs to improve its just a shame he hasn’t gotten that chance the last two years. If Huntley would have burrowed then Burrow would only have that one run
Sure.
So basically in back to back years, he'd have two division titles, a SB appearance, and being a top 5 passer. All within the first three years in the league.
Basically putting him as the 2nd best QB in the league, which is what he is.

If any Oineman on his 2021 team blocked Aaron Donald for another second, he'd have a Lombardi right now also.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
So much this. Yes they do think that
I mean Burrow is a better QB than Lamar. I am not sure how one would argue otherwise.

Lamar is far more mobile but I think every other metric goes to Burrow (or is a draw at best). Burrow is far more accurate, short, over the middle, and deep sideline throws I would say he is more accurate. They have a similar INT percentage but Lamar fumbles far more (not quite Josh Allen levels but still not good) and to me the finish lee is, especially lately, Burrow has been more available. He has started slow now 2 years in a row due to injury but I would rather you start slow than miss the end of the year.

Mahomes is the best QB in football and then there is a gap. Burrow is the second best QB in football and then there is another gap. Then everything else is up for debate with the next 8-10 guys.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean Burrow is a better QB than Lamar. I am not sure how one would argue otherwise.

Lamar is far more mobile but I think every other metric goes to Burrow (or is a draw at best). Burrow is far more accurate, short, over the middle, and deep sideline throws I would say he is more accurate. They have a similar INT percentage but Lamar fumbles far more (not quite Josh Allen levels but still not good) and to me the finish lee is, especially lately, Burrow has been more available. He has started slow now 2 years in a row due to injury but I would rather you start slow than miss the end of the year.

Mahomes is the best QB in football and then there is a gap. Burrow is the second best QB in football and then there is another gap. Then everything else is up for debate with the next 8-10 guys.
I’m not sure I agree there’s a gap with Burrow and the rest, the guy is playing with the best WR corps in the league.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sure.
So basically in back to back years, he'd have two division titles, a SB appearance, and being a top 5 passer. All within the first three years in the league.
Basically putting him as the 2nd best QB in the league, which is what he is.

If any Oineman on his 2021 team blocked Aaron Donald for another second, he'd have a Lombardi right now also.
And if the refs called OPI he’d have 0TDs

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m not sure I agree there’s a gap with Burrow and the rest, the guy is playing with the best WR corps in the league.
Every single team with a top 15 QB has SOMETHING that you can look at and go "well he has that to help him succeed" because it turns out even when you give Mahomes, who is the best QB in football by a healthy margin, nothing, then he cant make nothing into something. The Ravens have had a top 5 OLine and a top 3 TE (and the top TE room in football) for about 3-4 years in a row now. The Eagles gave themselves the best set of weapons and best OLine in football. Dallas and the Chargers loaded up on WRs (and Dallas may have one of the best Gs of all time on their roster). Allen has Diggs and a solid OLine. Even Stafford looked good, but not at that level, when given a solid top 5 TE and some good WRs but note he was given good and looked a tier below so you could easily argue if you gave him what the above had he would look like them. Tua has 2 of the best WRs in football and a good OLine to pair with a very good RB.

Burrow has taken a below average OLine, mediocre at best TE play, poor RB play, and 2 great WRs, and looked better than all of the above, except for Mahomes. I do not think what we are talking about him having is better than most of the above, except for Stafford and Mahomes.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Every single team with a top 15 QB has SOMETHING that you can look at and go "well he has that to help him succeed" because it turns out even when you give Mahomes, who is the best QB in football by a healthy margin, nothing, then he cant make nothing into something. The Ravens have had a top 5 OLine and a top 3 TE (and the top TE room in football) for about 3-4 years in a row now. The Eagles gave themselves the best set of weapons and best OLine in football. Dallas and the Chargers loaded up on WRs (and Dallas may have one of the best Gs of all time on their roster). Allen has Diggs and a solid OLine. Even Stafford looked good, but not at that level, when given a solid top 5 TE and some good WRs but note he was given good and looked a tier below so you could easily argue if you gave him what the above had he would look like them. Tua has 2 of the best WRs in football and a good OLine to pair with a very good RB.

Burrow has taken a below average OLine, mediocre at best TE play, poor RB play, and 2 great WRs, and looked better than all of the above, except for Mahomes. I do not think what we are talking about him having is better than most of the above, except for Stafford and Mahomes.
Has our line really been top 5? Sure doesn’t play like it sometimes. There was one year where it was being ranked below Burrows in certain lists