• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 11 Cincinnati Bengals @ Baltimore Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think the announcer articulated how the Ravens felt with that kick. Just a simple "yep" like "ho hum 56 yard field goal by Tucker..no big deal"

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m not sure how indicative this game is of Lamar being good but there’s stuff I’ve liked from him so far. I’d like to see more deep sideline throws on verticals because he’s had issues there but I like it. I wonder how much his success is related to Bengals defense, defenses figuring him out, and of course him being good.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not at all. Baltimore called the TO, not Cinci. They were going to take a shot.
You’re wrong actually. Smokey called for the TO right after getting tackled. They were 100% not going to take a shot. That just would’ve been stupid as hell.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Great job by Lamar keeping the play alive and a good job by Smokey uncovering.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Flacco would’ve either taken a sack or panicked and threw a lame duck for an INT. Sorry, @Tank

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’m not sure how indicative this game is of Lamar being good but there’s stuff I’ve liked from him so far. I’d like to see more deep sideline throws on verticals because he’s had issues there but I like it. I wonder how much his success is related to Bengals defense, defenses figuring him out, and of course him being good.

we havent called any deep shots really at all - they've not really given lamar a chance to go downfield - and part of that is the pass pro has been awful
Stanley's playing hurt, and then he comes out limping and is replaced by Eluemunor and both are getting crushed by anyone who lines up over that side - and because we arent going deep, defenders are creeping down and sending more pressure

rossihunter2

Staff Member
You’re wrong actually. Smokey called for the TO right after getting tackled. They were 100% not going to take a shot. That just would’ve been stupid as hell.

huh?
we already called the timeout before smokey got up and signalled
that whole drive was about taking a shot - we had the 3rd and 14 timeout, then the timeout after the 4 yard run and then the timeout after the long pass to brown - what makes you think we werent going for it?

His sack escapability and ability to extend plays is definitely good.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
huh?
we already called the timeout before smokey got up and signalled
that whole drive was about taking a shot - we had the 3rd and 14 timeout, then the timeout after the 4 yard run and then the timeout after the long pass to brown - what makes you think we werent going for it?
huh?
What makes you think we were going to take a 50 yard shot and risk losing 3 points? What has shown you that we even would have time to take a shot with this Oline. Please. What the fuck does taking timeouts during the drive have anything to do with taking a 50 yard shot down the field. There’s a difference between trying to score and taking a 50 yard shot at the endzone. We were trying to get into field goal range. And that’s what we did, and we weren’t going to fuck it up by trying for the endzone. I’m sorry you can’t be right everytime

Status
Not open for further replies.