• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 11 Cincinnati Bengals @ Baltimore Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
lamar needs to slide man. I dnt man him getting tackled but when its clear you should slide, it needs to be done

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
we havent called any deep shots really at all - they've not really given lamar a chance to go downfield - and part of that is the pass pro has been awful
Stanley's playing hurt, and then he comes out limping and is replaced by Eluemunor and both are getting crushed by anyone who lines up over that side - and because we arent going deep, defenders are creeping down and sending more pressure
Yeah I know that’s why I’m saying I’d like to see some before I fully judge how he’s improved. That’s been an area of weakness for him. I’m not sure what your point here is, but I’m not saying he’s thrown deep this game. We’ve been both watching the same game I know what’s happened

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

rossihunter2

Staff Member
huh?
What makes you think we were going to take a 50 yard shot and risk losing 3 points? What has shown you that we even would have time to take a shot with this Oline. Please. What the fuck does taking timeouts during the drive have anything to do with taking a 50 yard shot down the field. There’s a difference between trying to score and taking a 50 yard shot at the endzone. We were trying to get into field goal range. And that’s what we did, and we weren’t going to fuck it up by trying for the endzone. I’m sorry you can’t be right everytime

im confused - i thought you meant take a shot at a fg - as in going for it vs kneeling it out and going to halftime
i agree with you on that - i thought you were arguing for something else

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
You’re wrong actually. Smokey called for the TO right after getting tackled. They were 100% not going to take a shot. That just would’ve been stupid as hell.
Not at all. You have 8 seconds. That's enough time and if nothing else, you gain yards to make the FG easier or just run a little time off. 56 yard field goals aren't gimmes, even for Tucker.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
His sack escapability and ability to extend plays is definitely good.
It’s pretty remarkable how good he is at that. I mean the interior OL isn’t holding up well maybe because Lewis is back but he’s done some miracles so far

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
now that i understand what he means - im 100% with him - no way we take a shot - the call was always to take a couple ticks off and maybe get 3-4 yards
See what I said. You don't have to score a touchdown, but a 56 yard field goal is no gimmie. Get 7, 8 yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.