• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Ed Reed

Will Ed Reed be a first ballot HOF inductee?

• Yes, no doubt.

Votes: 37 100.0%
  • No, he doesn’t want to risk having to share the stage with scum bag Ward.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, his induction will be deferred by the voters.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Along with Haloti and Jamal, Ed is one of my favorite Ravens ever. He’s now one step closer to being a first ballot HOF inductee and this may be the one that gets me to go to Canton.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/ed-reed-takes-another-step-towards-canton

My main man apart from Ed Reed is and always will be Ray Lewis! Loved what that cat brought to the position and the game in general. You can't teach that it has to come from within.

I tried to get to Canton for Ray Lewis' induction but the tickets were completely sold out. Ed should definitely make it 1st around.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!

redrum52

Hall of Famer
His jacket is waiting for him. No doubt in my mind he's first ballot and my favorite Raven. Had a quiet confidence, at least by comparison to Ray and was one of the most fun players to watch. Side note, I don't think I've ever heard anyone speak negatively about him. Not a coach, player or a fan from another team.

Find20Large.jpg

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
His jacket is waiting for him. No doubt in my mind he's first ballot and my favorite Raven. Had a quiet confidence, at least by comparison to Ray and was one of the most fun players to watch. Side note, I don't think I've ever heard anyone speak negatively about him. Not a coach, player or a fan from another team.

Find20Large.jpg

Ray and Ed were an awesome tandem of brothers from The "U".

They were the Ying and Yang of the Ravens defense IMO. One who wore his passion for the game on his sleeves and was extremely vocal concerning it and led by example on the field. I LOVED IT! And, one who had natural instincts and was more cerebral with how he approached his position and the opposition. Together? What a lethal combination on the Ravens defense.

One we haven't seen with the Ravens since the 2 of them retired IMO.

I MISS THOSE GUYS!!!

redrum52

Hall of Famer

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The only people who tend to say ed Reed wasn’t the greatest or at least 2nd greatest safety of all time, are casual fans who show clear bias.

The analysts and players seem to unanimously think ed Reed is a top 2 all time safety. It’s hard to see him not making it

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Contrary to popular belief, Ed was more than just another pretty INT. The man could also HIT! His hit on the second cat was so tough; dude got up and gave Ed props for it. Lol! Hail to the G.O.A.T.......

Tank

Hall of Famer
Funny you made the thread today. Not sure if you knew it or not, but today is the anniversary of the Eagles int aka the LONGEST PICK 6 EVER! This man was so good.
Yeah, no didn’t realize that, just dumb luck. I saw the article about the finalists and thought to start the thread.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
My favourite Raven.
There can be no doubt that the best safety to ever play the game will be a first ballot selection.
Imagine if he played in today's NFL... he'd have 20 picks a season.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
He's a close 2nd to Ray for being my favorite Raven. How does the saying go, "1/3 of the earth is covered by water, the other 2/3rds are covered by Ed Reed?" lol

I'll also always miss his interception returns with him making everyone miss and sometimes pitching the ball to his teammates. He was the definition of a playmaker.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
He's a close 2nd to Ray for being my favorite Raven. How does the saying go, "1/3 of the earth is covered by water, the other 2/3rds are covered by Ed Reed?" lol

I'll also always miss his interception returns with him making everyone miss and sometimes pitching the ball to his teammates. He was the definition of a playmaker.

I think you got the shirt backwards lol but great shirt. Reed 100% should make it in on 1st ballot and Polamalu should wait a turn which would really prove who was the best safety. That debate used to drive me crazy since it was clear cut weho was better.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Ray and Ed were an awesome tandem of brothers from The "U".

They were the Ying and Yang of the Ravens defense IMO. One who wore his passion for the game on his sleeves and was extremely vocal concerning it and led by example on the field. I LOVED IT! And, one who had natural instincts and was more cerebral with how he approached his position and the opposition. Together? What a lethal combination on the Ravens defense.

One we haven't seen with the Ravens since the 2 of them retired IMO.

I MISS THOSE GUYS!!!
Ed Reed was like having two players on the field at once.

Nurps

MVP
I was there to watch 52 go in and I'll probably go to see 20 as well. I want to play a drinking game during his speech and drink every time he says "man".

Tank

Hall of Famer
I was there to watch 52 go in and I'll probably go to see 20 as well. I want to play a drinking game during his speech and drink every time he says "man".
Me thinks you'll be toasted 10 minutes in. lol