• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Ed Reed

Will Ed Reed be a first ballot HOF inductee?

• Yes, no doubt.

Votes: 37 100.0%
  • No, he doesn’t want to risk having to share the stage with scum bag Ward.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, his induction will be deferred by the voters.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
there was some sense around the time though that because he kinda tried to keep playing that it wouldnt count...

either way it's all moot now because he's going in this year

anyone reckon we end up in the HOF game two years in a row?
Has that happened before? None are more deserving than Ed Reed. My favorite Raven of all time and I really like Ray Lewis. Reed is my top NFL player period then followed by Ray Lewis.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Really a silly poll at the top lol. Him and Tony Gonzalez are stone cold locks and there's still 3 spots they have to fill just cuz they have to, Can you guys imagine Ed and Steve Atwater being a safety tandem. If you guys never had a chance to see Atwater play sorry bout your damn luck. Maybe the hardest hitting safety I ever seen and I've been watching ball since the early 80's.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Count doesn't start when you officially retire.
Well this probably helped out the HOF committee seeing how they aren’t huge fans of voting in the same position that often, sure it happens and it’s been happening more frequently lately, but they don’t seem to like it.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ed Reed was the most mercurial football player with incredible talent - a great unity of athleticism and football intelligence! To me he was brilliant. I know there is going to be ton of ridicule and push back but here's what I truly think. Ed Reed is the closest thing to Michael Jordan in the NFL. He did things no other player can or could do on the football field and he was just mesmerizing to watch. He is the only one that gets voted in without Scott Garceau having to make a case. He only needs to say his name and sit down just like for Ray Lewis.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I wish I had been older during Ed's prime so that I could have really appreciated what he brought to the team.

I cannot imagine anyone supplanting Reed as my all time favorite Raven. Beyond his incredible skill he just had a personality like no other. He was an absolute joy to watch.

Any discussion around whether he was 1st ballot was silliness. To not induct him this year would have been criminal. He was hands down the most electrifying defensive player of his generation

Congrats Ed!!