• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Ed Reed

Will Ed Reed be a first ballot HOF inductee?

• Yes, no doubt.

Votes: 37 100.0%
  • No, he doesn’t want to risk having to share the stage with scum bag Ward.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, his induction will be deferred by the voters.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler
Ed Reed was one of a kind and certain first ballot HOF inductee. He was a master at reading quarterbacks. So often he made the big play to change the game in our favor. It was a thrill to watch Ed once he got the ball in his hands knowing there was a good chance he would score. He was also one the best punt blockers I ever saw, not only blocking the punt but recovering it and taking it to the end zone.

We are so fortunate he was a Raven!

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ed Reed was one of a kind and certain first ballot HOF inductee. He was a master at reading quarterbacks. So often he made the big play to change the game in our favor. It was a thrill to watch Ed once he got the ball in his hands knowing there was a good chance he would score. He was also one the best punt blockers I ever saw, not only blocking the punt but recovering it and taking it to the end zone.

We are so fortunate he was a Raven!

During some of the Kyle Boller years, he was often one of our only chances to score....lol

And Palumalu didn’t make the final 15. Something else the Steelers can get pissed about.
I didn't think he was eligible until next year. That has to be the case, because for him to not make the 15 finalists would be insane. I honestly expect both he and Ed to be first ballot.

Ed HAS to be first ballot. He's a no brainer for HOF, but I think his talents were special enough to make him a first ballot and anything less will leave me miffed. IMO, if you are the best at your position for a generation, I think that automatically puts you into the conversation as a first ballot.

I always liked the fact that I think you can categorize Ed as FS and Troy as SS and therefore avoid the argument of who was better.

Ray was who Ray was ... but whenever pressed to for an answer to "who is your all-time favorite Raven", my answer has always been Ed.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ed HAS to be first ballot. He's a no brainer for HOF, but I think his talents were special enough to make him a first ballot and anything less will leave me miffed. IMO, if you are the best at your position for a generation, I think that automatically puts you into the conversation as a first ballot.

I always liked the fact that I think you can categorize Ed as FS and Troy as SS and therefore avoid the argument of who was better.

Ray was who Ray was ... but whenever pressed to for an answer to "who is your all-time favorite Raven", my answer has always been Ed.

oh you're right - i forgot they gave ed the extra year of retirement eligibility, if you will, despite only officially retiring a year later i think...

technically they retired officially the same year i think but ed had basically accrued an extra retirement season

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor

With that being said - Ed was better.

With that being said - Ed was better.
No argument here ... but they were very different players, so it is really like comparing two different positions (even though I know people who believe categorizing FS vs SS is an antiquated concept)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I didn't think he was eligible until next year. That has to be the case, because for him to not make the 15 finalists would be insane. I honestly expect both he and Ed to be first ballot.
for some reason I thought they retired the same year.