• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Lamar, the Koch and the Matt Ryan

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So I'm more forgiving of Lamar than most but he didnt read the seam being open maybe 4 and a half times where it was clearly open (the half was on the fumble for a td - it was a more difficult throw but it was open) - 4 of them were fairly simple throws but idk whether he thought the safety was gonna get there or whether he didnt trust himself to make the throw or whether the coaching staff doesnt want him throwing the seam when the safety's on that has or whether he just misreads it and doesnt understand where the gaps will be in the zone

stuff to work on for sure - that was 4 big gainers and the "half" would have been a big gainer for a td...
he hits those throws and a defence cant stop him because they'll always be open vs cover 3 with our running game

seeing how effective we were at scheming the seam open though - it really emphasises to me that we need some more speed on the outside (and inside) because we countered a lot of what the falcons gave us defensively by running lots of vertical routes and it created a lot of space

i can take inaccuracy over time and a mediocre completion percentage if he makes those reads right more consistently