• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offence, the Lamar and the Just About Everything…

JPPT1974

Practice Squad
Mr Jackson is back again. He just needs to stay healthy and consistent.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
What happens when teams catch on and starts blocking our stunts and force our guys to win 1vs1? Are stunts simple to block? Or will it take a great experienced oline like eagles to consistently block that?

the point of stunts isnt necessarily to win clean (guys have to win 1v1s on stunts still) - but it stresses OL's lateral movement and communication and can help get an explosive athlete working laterally across an interior OL who may be less mobile working laterally to create a matchup advantage

it's also important that Macdonald has been using a bunch of sim pressure so it's not always obvious which 4 are rushing and where they're coming from

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i love lamar
It’s crazy, to be able to see that develop on the opposite side of the play design. That was not a play that even gives you a chance to read what Lamar read, by design that play has you turned away from where Gus went, he read those defenders without even seeing them and in a split second made the decision to take advantage of them. That is a MAJOR play that I don’t think anyone else in the league can even attempt.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It’s crazy, to be able to see that develop on the opposite side of the play design. That was not a play that even gives you a chance to read what Lamar read, by design that play has you turned away from where Gus went, he read those defenders without even seeing them and in a split second made the decision to take advantage of them. That is a MAJOR play that I don’t think anyone else in the league can even attempt.

which is why its crazy to me that anyone would say there's a QB operating at a higher level than lamar right now through 7 games
mahomes and the chiefs look like they may have cracked the code against the chargers last week but we'll see

no one else is creating plays outside of structure (and in structure) the way lamar is at the moment

rossihunter2

Staff Member
finally saw that keaton mitchell play
dude's got juice - that initial burst on the cut was electric

definitely a role for him in this offence - literal definition of change of pace back...

EDIT:
just saw the enzone angle - definitely a great first move but keaton misread the downfield blocks - had a chance at a house call if he tries to break an arm tackle rather than trying to get to the edge

Last edited:

which is why its crazy to me that anyone would say there's a QB operating at a higher level than lamar right now through 7 games
mahomes and the chiefs look like they may have cracked the code against the chargers last week but we'll see

no one else is creating plays outside of structure (and in structure) the way lamar is at the moment

You both believe that it was a called run? It looks like the line pass blocks and Gus immediately turns and looks for the ball after passing those edge defenders. Idk part of me believes they’re trying to manipulate other teams

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I missed that. I haven’t been watching pressers or content since the Steelers loss.

A boot? Or a designed run? Either way leaving that edge defender unblocked probably wasn’t the best idea

the whole design on a lot of those things (especially if a run call) is to leave the edge defender unblocked...
the problem was they also blitzed a couple of guys that side as well