• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Arizona

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Another scary game in that this is a team that should be no competition on paper. Hopefully we can build off of the Lions game and keep the momentum rolling.

I'll be in attendance for this one as well.
I was trying to go to Arizona for my work because it was happening this week and I would have already been in Arizona, plus my schedule would have allowed me to go to this game. There were no spots open unfortunately lol, have fun! Maybe you can bring Hollywood back with you to Baltimore?

Another scary game in that this is a team that should be no competition on paper. Hopefully we can build off of the Lions game and keep the momentum rolling.

I'll be in attendance for this one as well.

Enjoy bro! I was trying to convince my wife to go to the Arizona game but she wasn’t having it since we’re going to the Charger game and the 49er game lol

Simba

Staff Member
Enjoy bro! I was trying to convince my wife to go to the Arizona game but she wasn’t having it since we’re going to the Charger game and the 49er game lol
Judging by how difficult it was to find a halfway decent flight, it's going to be full of purple there

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
We've already had our quota of trap games
The NFL this year has had a very weird trend where the “best” team every single week has lost. Week 1 it was KC. Then people anointed Detroit and then they lost. Week 3 people had anointed Dallas after beating NY teams 80-0 and then they lost. Week 4 Dolphins were king after being 3-0 and dropping 70 and they lost. Then week 5 the Bills were king after beating down said Dolphins and they lost. Week 6 the 49ers had just destroyed the Cowboys so of course they lost to the Browns. However people still had Dolphins, 49ers, and Lions as the best so they all lost.

Now we are here and the top teams people are talking about are Ravens, Eagles, and Chiefs.

Last edited:

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
The NFL this year has had a very weird trend where the “best” team every single week has lost. Week 1 it was KC. Then people anointed Detroit and then they lost. Week 3 people had anointed Dallas after beating NY teams 80-0 and then they lost. Week 4 Dolphins were king after being 3-0 and dropping 70 and they lost. Then week 5 the Bills were king after beating down said Dolphins and they lost. Week 6 the 49ers had just destroyed the Cowboys so of course they lost to the Browns. However people still had Dolphins and 49ers, Dolphins, and Lions so they all lost.

Now we are here and the top teams people are talking about are Ravens, Eagles, and Chiefs.
Pre season everyone anointed the bengals as AFCN winners too. I still see ppl putting Bills and Phish ahead of us, whatever they can, doesn’t matter and we do better as underdogs anyway

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Pre season everyone anointed the bengals as AFCN winners too. I still see ppl putting Bills and Phish ahead of us, whatever they can, doesn’t matter and we do better as underdogs anyway
That kinda stopped after their QB could barely walk and is also not relevant. The champion of every single week has been knocked down the next week and that has happened every single week this year.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I really don’t see a trap game here, think we continue to roll
This most definitely got trap game written all over it. Coming off of our most impressive win against one of the top teams in not just the NFC, but the entire league. Now on the road against a very scrappy 1-6 team who humbled the Cowboys after they smoked the Jets the week prior.

It's gonna be interesting to see how we defend Dobbs as he's the only mobile QB that we'll go up against for an entire game (yes, I'm aware we faced Malik Willis, but that was for like a half of the 2nd half). I'm sure Hollywood wants to have his best game against us which given how weird this league can be, it wouldn't surprise me if it happens.

Like @Simba mentioned, there better be a nice contingent of purple in the crowd. It's been awhile since our road fans have taken over a home crowd. I personally think we're gonna have our hands full with the Cards.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
That kinda stopped after their QB could barely walk and is also not relevant. The champion of every single week has been knocked down the next week and that has happened every single week this year.
Regardless, when Lamar is healthy we are always in front of the Bengals, I cannot watch history repeat itself for a third year in a row. This fanbase has paid their god damn dues for the Lamar era

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
This most definitely got trap game written all over it. Coming off of our most impressive win against one of the top teams in not just the NFC, but the entire league. Now on the road against a very scrappy 1-6 team who humbled the Cowboys after they smoked the Jets the week prior.

It's gonna be interesting to see how we defend Dobbs as he's the only mobile QB that we'll go up against for an entire game (yes, I'm aware we faced Malik Willis, but that was for like a half of the 2nd half). I'm sure Hollywood wants to have his best game against us which given how weird this league can be, it wouldn't surprise me if it happens.

Like @Simba mentioned, there better be a nice contingent of purple in the crowd. It's been awhile since our road fans have taken over a home crowd. I personally think we're gonna have our hands full with the Cards.
I’d agree but they called Lamar a running back this off season

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
The NFL this year has had a very weird trend where the “best” team every single week has lost. Week 1 it was KC. Then people anointed Detroit and then they lost. Week 3 people had anointed Dallas after beating NY teams 80-0 and then they lost. Week 4 Dolphins were king after being 3-0 and dropping 70 and they lost. Then week 5 the Bills were king after beating down said Dolphins and they lost. Week 6 the 49ers had just destroyed the Cowboys so of course they lost to the Browns. However people still had Dolphins, 49ers, and Lions as the best so they all lost.

This is also not weird at all. If you go back to prior seasons for pretty much as long as you can remember, you'll see same.
It's a week to week league. Always has been. And in a season where there's more parity and less dominant teams than ever, this is the expected outcome.
Nobody is special. That's why after the "bad losses" like Indy and PIT, its good to contextualize what it means in the grand scheme of things. Consistency is a problem shared by precisely 32 NFL teams today.

And people can't even argue that its the "good teams beating each other". It's not.

KC lost to Detroit at home, and effectively got beat by Zach Wilson without major assistance from officiating
Buffalo lost to NE, one of the five worst teams in football. And it wasn't as close as the score indicated.
Philly lost to Zach Wilson
SF has now lost back-to-back games to an XFL QB and "primetime" Kirk Cousins. And looked bad in both games.

Miami might be the only team I would label as "consistent", in that they consistently pummel bad teams, and consistently get pummeled by good teams (and struggle to score against them, despite being a perceived offensive "juggernaut").

If the public hasn't figured out that what you saw the previous week is, at best, a 50% chance you'll see something similar the following week, then the public needs a wakeup call. One of the biggest problems with the "eye test"...

That's why the best "analysis" is looking at a teams ceiling (i.e. what they're capable of at their best) and what a teams floor is. Our ceiling is pretty much what you saw on Sunday... boat racing a team that'll win at least 10-11 games. Our floor is more in-line with Indy/Pittsburgh... playing down to competition, but still being competitive against average teams.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is also not weird at all. If you go back to prior seasons for pretty much as long as you can remember, you'll see same.
It's a week to week league. Always has been. And in a season where there's more parity and less dominant teams than ever, this is the expected outcome.
Nobody is special. That's why after the "bad losses" like Indy and PIT, its good to contextualize what it means in the grand scheme of things. Consistency is a problem shared by precisely 32 NFL teams today.

And people can't even argue that its the "good teams beating each other". It's not.

KC lost to Detroit at home, and effectively got beat by Zach Wilson without major assistance from officiating
Buffalo lost to NE, one of the five worst teams in football. And it wasn't as close as the score indicated.
Philly lost to Zach Wilson
SF has now lost back-to-back games to an XFL QB and "primetime" Kirk Cousins. And looked bad in both games.

Miami might be the only team I would label as "consistent", in that they consistently pummel bad teams, and consistently get pummeled by good teams (and struggle to score against them, despite being a perceived offensive "juggernaut").

If the public hasn't figured out that what you saw the previous week is, at best, a 50% chance you'll see something similar the following week, then the public needs a wakeup call. One of the biggest problems with the "eye test"...

That's why the best "analysis" is looking at a teams ceiling (i.e. what they're capable of at their best) and what a teams floor is. Our ceiling is pretty much what you saw on Sunday... boat racing a team that'll win at least 10-11 games. Our floor is more in-line with Indy/Pittsburgh... playing down to competition, but still being competitive against average teams.
I went back 3 years, I could keep going but that is as far as I could go on short notice, and could not find a single 7 week stretch where the number 1 team going into that week lost every single week in that stretch. I could not find it. Last week being particularly murky as the top 3 all lost. Now it is going to be KC as the number 1 team again. They are playing Denver so that should be an easy game but the Cardinals should have been easy for the Cowboys and the Jets easy for KC and Philadelphia (and the Bills if we are being honest because their struggles are obvious in that they lost the 2 best players on their defense but that was post Wilson beating them).

Teams being upset is not surprising. It happens every week and there are elements that make it slightly easier to predict (Browns own the Bengals as an example) but I cannot find a single example where the number 1 team just kept losing over and over and over again. Usually a team on top stays there for a couple weeks then gets knocked down then a new team stays up for a couple then gets knocked down.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I went back 3 years, I could keep going but that is as far as I could go on short notice, and could not find a single 7 week stretch where the number 1 team going into that week lost every single week in that stretch. I could not find it. Last week being particularly murky as the top 3 all lost. Now it is going to be KC as the number 1 team again. They are playing Denver so that should be an easy game but the Cardinals should have been easy for the Cowboys and the Jets easy for KC and Philadelphia (and the Bills if we are being honest because their struggles are obvious in that they lost the 2 best players on their defense but that was post Wilson beating them).

Teams being upset is not surprising. It happens every week and there are elements that make it slightly easier to predict (Browns own the Bengals as an example) but I cannot find a single example where the number 1 team just kept losing over and over and over again. Usually a team on top stays there for a couple weeks then gets knocked down then a new team stays up for a couple then gets knocked down.
OK there's no such thing as "#1 team" in week 7. That's just a subjective, arbitrary media designation. It has no real meaning. You could just pick whatever #1 team you thought was that week and I'd conjure up a strong argument why somebody else was better.

Good teams lose to bad teams weekly. It doesn't matter whether they're "ranked" 1, 2, 5, 10, 32, etc. It's irrelevant. The public's perception, which plays out in betting markets also, is that good teams are supposed to win 13-14 games a year, and that the only "losses" they'll have are against other good teams, mostly in road games. And then if you look at what actually happens, its vastly different all the time.