• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Geno Stone, the Gus Edwards, the Defence and the Special Teams

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
OBJ is a non factor, realistically our 4th wr. It’s about that time to have an honest conversation about reducing his playing time. Focus on Zay, Andrews, Aghlor. Sprinkle in some Batemen if he feels like playing.
Agree about OBJ. He's good at using his reputation + vet craftiness to pick up PI calls, but that's about us much as he can do, due to the fact that he can't really separate and there's always a DB right on top of him.

Bateman and Agholor should both be outsnapping him and out-targetting him.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Yeah I was big hating on him earlier, glad he’s starting to get right, never doubted his talent, was just getting worried about his mental makeup there for a bit
I'm in the same boat. The talent is obviously there. For me, it depends on how badly he WANTS it. That's all.

CanadianRavensFan

Practice Squad
Attended the game today and can say that even in warmups, they looked flat. Pure assumption on my end, but I think all of the travel is starting to wear. Could be my own bias because the time zone shift has been kicking my ass too lol
The Cards definitely had more energy than we did today

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
The Cards definitely had more energy than we did today
The Ravens tried to go through that game in cruise mode, which I don't mind if they come away with a win.

A win, no injuries that I'm aware of, another pick for Geno and a bit of evidence that we don't need to give away picks for an aging RB. I'm satisfied.

It doesn't really matter how we look in October, or whether heads are talking about us as contenders.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Two thoughts.

As another poster said- the Cards aren't a team to just lay down. They're probably closer to a middle of the road team than not. I'm not expecting them to win much without Murray and they need an injection of talent from the draft, but the Cardinals could pull a Bengals/Jags pretty quickly, I think.

For a game where things felt really off at times, the game never even came close to feeling as close as the final score would indicate. The Ravens led by three scores going into the final 3:00 minutes.

Yes, I understand the Cardinals scored 10 points, but I never felt worried or remotely scared. It would have taken two sub-10% probability plays back to back to even *tie* the game.

Yes, the Ravens looked out of sorts, but they had full and complete control of the game and weren't ever seriously threatened. If that's what an off day is for the Ravens, I'll take it because that's the make up of a team that can go far.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
I was thinking that. Huntley might be quite attractive to the Vikings as part of a trade. They still have a shot at the playoffs
Nah, honestly he isn't that good. There are better backups,a dn a guy who might go would be Trey Lance or perhaps Sam Howell

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Two thoughts.

As another poster said- the Cards aren't a team to just lay down. They're probably closer to a middle of the road team than not. I'm not expecting them to win much without Murray and they need an injection of talent from the draft, but the Cardinals could pull a Bengals/Jags pretty quickly, I think.

For a game where things felt really off at times, the game never even came close to feeling as close as the final score would indicate. The Ravens led by three scores going into the final 3:00 minutes.

Yes, I understand the Cardinals scored 10 points, but I never felt worried or remotely scared. It would have taken two sub-10% probability plays back to back to even *tie* the game.

Yes, the Ravens looked out of sorts, but they had full and complete control of the game and weren't ever seriously threatened. If that's what an off day is for the Ravens, I'll take it because that's the make up of a team that can go far.
they have some talent, but I don't think Kyler Murray and a high pick would put them in Bengals / Jags territory. That is assuming they still have Murray, which they will. That being said, the competition in the NFC is pretty few and far between.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Nah, honestly he isn't that good. There are better backups,a dn a guy who might go would be Trey Lance or perhaps Sam Howell
He isn't that bad either, as back ups go, if they want someone who can keep them somewhat afloat for the rest of the season. Most of the better back ups won't be available because teams want to keep them, but the Ravens seem semi-comfortable with Johnson, so it might be one of their better options.

It all depends on how much Minnesota want to invest into this season vs the future. Dallas would want to upgrade the 4th they paid for Lance to at least a 3rd. Howell might develop into a starter and Washington are still alive, so he's a no go.