• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs. Browns

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think this is going to be very tough game. I really despise the Browns and their coach. but I think a field goal wins it.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The Game is on FOX and we get stuck with Kenny Albert & Jonathan Vilma for our broadcasting crew. Really feels like this year the networks just said screw it and sent the announce teams to a random game regardless of the matchup. I mean... Kevin Burkhardt & Greg Olsen are going to be covering the Giants/Cowboys game.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Game is on FOX and we get stuck with Kenny Albert & Jonathan Vilma for our broadcasting crew. Really feels like this year the networks just said screw it and sent the announce teams to a random game regardless of the matchup. I mean... Kevin Burkhardt & Greg Olsen are going to be covering the Giants/Cowboys game.
They should be covering that game. Two of the biggest markets. Will do a significantly better rating than the Browns/Ravens game will.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
They should be covering that game. Two of the biggest markets. Will do a significantly better rating than the Browns/Ravens game will.
Not saying we should be getting their A crew but we do deserve better than Albert & Vilma. Hate how much markets dictate what crew goes to what game, like I just said on Reddit. If the teams in those big markets are terrible, what's the point of making it a big deal?

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not saying we should be getting their A crew but we do deserve better than Albert & Vilma. Hate how much markets dictate what crew goes to what game, like I just said on Reddit. If the teams in those big markets are terrible, what's the point of making it a big deal?

It’s the Cowboys that gets the “A” crew.

Nobody gives a damn about the Giants. Especially this season.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Because big markets drive ratings with or without the teams being good. Dallas is going to get one of the better crews because Dallas will draw better.

As I look at the five games on Fox, SF/Jacksonville is pretty much the "best" game on the entire NFL slate for the weekend (it's really a pretty bad week for the NFL). So they should get a better team.

That puts us either 3rd or 4th in the pecking order. Just depends on whether you think our game would do better in a market demographic than Washington/Seattle would.

And this obviously is in the context of me thinking which announcer crew we get means anything at all. I think you could put two blind monkeys up there to call the game and its totally irrelevant.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
1.Two great defenses going at it
2. Football is fun again
3. Please stay healthy so football remains fun

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Pretty uncommon to see two AFC teams on Fox. Then again, the Panthers played at the Seahawks and that game was on CBS. Funny part about the game is that was the first time I've seen the Seahawks wear their away jerseys at home.

As for our game, you'd hope to see the pass-rush continue to do their thing as both the Browns LT and RT are out. To me, it's just a matter of which offense can make more big plays and which defense will be more of a difference maker.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Pretty uncommon to see two AFC teams on Fox. Then again, the Panthers played at the Seahawks and that game was on CBS. Funny part about the game is that was the first time I've seen the Seahawks wear their away jerseys at home.

As for our game, you'd hope to see the pass-rush continue to do their thing as both the Browns LT and RT are out. To me, it's just a matter of which offense can make more big plays and which defense will be more of a difference maker.
correct. It used to be based on the away teams conference. We played Seattle at home and the game would be on fox. Two afc teams on cbs and vice versa. they have relaxed those rules somewhat

redrum52

Hall of Famer
correct. It used to be based on the away teams conference. We played Seattle at home and the game would be on fox. Two afc teams on cbs and vice versa. they have relaxed those rules somewhat
Recently due to drop off in quality I think.

Don't care how... just win. Save the statement for the Bengals beatdown.