• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs. Browns

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The Game is on FOX and we get stuck with Kenny Albert & Jonathan Vilma for our broadcasting crew. Really feels like this year the networks just said screw it and sent the announce teams to a random game regardless of the matchup. I mean... Kevin Burkhardt & Greg Olsen are going to be covering the Giants/Cowboys game.
What’s going on with the network lineups this year? I swore before it was cbs covering afc games except for when the visitor was nfc where Fox covered. Now I’m seeing afc matchups on fox and nfc matchups on cbs. Maybe I’m tripping. Why are we on fox?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Not saying we should be getting their A crew but we do deserve better than Albert & Vilma. Hate how much markets dictate what crew goes to what game, like I just said on Reddit. If the teams in those big markets are terrible, what's the point of making it a big deal?
Probably just nfl wants the most polished product out there on the game that’s gonna reach the biggest audience

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
What’s going on with the network lineups this year? I swore before it was cbs covering afc games except for when the visitor was nfc where Fox covered. Now I’m seeing afc matchups on fox and nfc matchups on cbs. Maybe I’m tripping. Why are we on fox?

Basically with the new TV contracts kicking in this year, the NFL publicly has suggested that the whole NFC/FOX, CBS/AFC dynamic isn't a thing anymore. To be honest, its kind of like TV blackouts for local markets... it just never made any sense to begin with.

However, as noted by the actual schedule itself, its still largely a balance towards the traditional...

What's funny is if you look at the schedule this week in particular, there's two games that are "misaligned":
Browns @ Ravens is at 1pm on FOX, where Atlanta @ Arizona is at 4pm on CBS. You would think they could just swap those networks, and then the "tradition" would hold.

However based on the time slots, if they did that, CBS would have four 1pm games, and FOX would only have two. Whereas FOX would then have three 4pm games, and CBS would only have one.

I would imagine the reason they're loosening is to avoid one network dominating the # of games within a certain time slot and within certain regions. By doing this, they now have six 1pm games, and four 4pm games, with each network splitting equally in each time slot.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
1699469693531.jpeg

my goodness lmao

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor

I know it's not shade but I know how the team will take it. Thank you Myles.
Forget the QB comp, he said he’d be taking down Lamar and acted like it was a regular occurrence. Just don’t rip off his helmet and beat him with it please

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Damn you Huntley for giving the stupid comp another talking point. It was a god damn brotherly shove why you going space jam on it. God damn it

Should be a good game. We’re as healthy right now as we’ve been in a while. Would like to see Mitchell get some tosses and build on the awesome game he had last week. I think we get the win but not as easy as last week.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Should be a good game. We’re as healthy right now as we’ve been in a while. Would like to see Mitchell get some tosses and build on the awesome game he had last week. I think we get the win but not as easy as last week.
36-3.

Yes, Browns have a tough defense, but I think we will take care of business and Watson in the process.

Holy shit, only 3 on the injury report and one is a rest day, another an illness and the other a full participant. Gonna be tough to decide the inactives, sound like one of them good problems

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Holy shit, only 3 on the injury report and one is a rest day, another an illness and the other a full participant. Gonna be tough to decide the inactives, sound like one of them good problems
Ehh, maybe. Usually have six inactives. One will be Josh Johnson, likely two Olineman (Sala and somebody else), and probably two Corners. Assuming there's nobody actually "injured". Also wouldn't be surprised if Kolar goes back to being a gameday inactive also.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer